Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:27 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 67 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:47 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Blitz: We actually do have about one black out a year. It always happens the second week of August during our county fair. Every year we get a huge summer storm that knocks out power for a day. It ruins the fair. Actually. There's not much of a fair to ruin.

You know what's fun? Sitting there transmuting 100 iron ores into silver, and then transmuting that silver into gold in Skyrim. You know what makes it more fun? The fact that I can only cast the spell once, and then I have to use the wait feature to recharge my magicka. Eh. Still better than going and searching for gold ore veins. I wish you could still level up smithing crazy fast with iron daggers. I never even got to try that because I got Skyrim when the 1.5 patch came out. Now I'm stuck making jewelry because experience gain is based on the value of the finished product.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:50 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Has anybody ever had a moment when they were playing a game and they pulled something off against one in several thousand odds? I caught a shiny jigglypuff in the Pokemon solver remake, roughly a 1 in 8000 chance. Anyone else had really epic luck in a game?

Quickblade wrote:
How many active members on these forums are fans of Lego Space and Sci-fi? Just curious......or maybe there is another reason ;D

I like Lego sci-fi. But maybe you couldn't tell ;9

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom.12:21

Query: why is this necessary? Repeat, query: why is this necessary?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:54 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

minfigCharmed wrote:
Machetero wrote:
So...speaking of games/Skyrim: A few days ago, when I went and preordered Assassin's Creed 3 (October can not get here fast enough!!), my girlfriend informed me that she thought Skyrim looked interesting and expressed an interest in any of the Elder Scrolls games. We also decided that we should play Zombie Island and Left 4 Dead. While this is quite exciting/amusing, it now means that on top of my list of games to play/finish (which I think is about 6 or so games long not counting AC3), I now have a list of games to play with the girlfriend. This is a good problem to have I think.

:o)
that's a Very Good problem!!
I forgot that also that day, I made a comment about my excitment/love for Assassin's Creed and how she didn't get it because she wasn't part of the "Brotherhood". She got a rather sad face and said "But I want to be in the 'Brotherhood.'" She may try and play through those games as well. Good problems indeed.
UltimatBlitz wrote:
...Because the universe hates all living things and must constantly beat them down.
Agreed.
Quickblade wrote:
How many active members on these forums are fans of Lego Space and Sci-fi? Just curious......or maybe there is another reason ;D
Like the clasic LEGO Space theme or just space related LEGO? Also, in considering your question, and what the genre of Sci-FI can entail, I realized that my answer is just "Yes, yes I do." Seems my love of Sci-Fi, while greatly ignored in my MOCing, can not be ignored in the games I play and movies and shows I watch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:41 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I like LEGO sci-fi, but of a more Steam/Diesel-punk/Post-Apocalyptic style than the clean, shiny space type stuff usually is....

Anyways, I had a good birthday today... I got a 1-Gallon water cooler for taking water to work (the drinking fountains are SUPPOSED to be safe, but taste like heavy metals, so I bring my own water), and my new Power supplies arrived from NewEgg. I was able to fashion new mounting brackets for the power supply (which uses a standardized server power supply mounting configuration, so finding a replacement that fits should be easy) in less than an hour, and have my awesome gaming PC back in operation! The best part is that this newer power supply uses quiet, temperature controlled fans so the portable PC (or Portable Analytic Teletype as I like to call it) no longer sounds like a Harrier Jet taking off when I have it on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
The best part is that this newer power supply uses quiet, temperature controlled fans so the portable PC (or Portable Analytic Teletype as I like to call it) no longer sounds like a Harrier Jet taking off when I have it on.

Yay!
Quickblade wrote:

Well, I'm interested.
macleodman2 wrote:
@S133: Those really short ones are called power surges, and they are extremely annoying. Especially when you're playing a video game or watching Netflix.

Power strips are supposed to prevent those, right? Or is it damaged caused by those?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Well, that's 4 plus MC so far. Maybe we can turn this into something for the forums :o&

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:43 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I enjoy sci-fi, but I guess I'm sort of in my Lego dark ages. You finally going to get the contests up and running again or something?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:48 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I wouldn't call it a contest so much as a BF community project. Working on some ideas with MC right now with some hopes that the idea will have solid ground.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:24 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

BF community project? Well, color me intrigued. What color would that be anyway? I'd like to think some weird mix of periwinkle and magenta...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Machetero wrote:
BF community project? Well, color me intrigued. What color would that be anyway? I'd like to think some weird mix of periwinkle and magenta...

I was thinking a green color.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 67 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 200  Next