Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:34 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 54 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 200  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whose 50th Meaningless Thread Is It Anyway: Scene From a
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:28 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY I had to go all out there ;)

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom.12:21

Query: why is this necessary? Repeat, query: why is this necessary?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:41 pm 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

macleodman2 wrote:
This is my new way of thinking. I am the king of all that exists, but there is a catch. Although it belongs to me, I did not create it, and I must operate within the predetermined limits. Learned this way of thinking from Baccano. Thought it was stupid at first, but then I switched anti-depressants. Now I think that everyone should think this way.

Welcome to the life as king of the world, my dear colleague, I sometimes think along those lines as well. Enjoy your stay B)
Oh, and 'appy Independence Day for all you Americans!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:09 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Happy Day-We-Destroy-Iran's-Government Day!

Srsly, anyone watching the news? Iran's threatening to disrupt our wonderful little holiday with missiles, and we're saying we'll send them to the bottom of the sea. Let's take those nuts out and help the Iranian civies. This is one of those times when I'd be most likely to join the army.

My cousin is stationed on a base in Afghanistan right now, so I'm especially angry about these threats, since his base is one of the ones being threatened.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:32 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Yep. Help the civilians by destroying their government. Then things will be instantly better. This isn't an angry comment by the way. Just sarcastic. I choose to look at world affairs as an impartial observer. It is entertainment to me. Like dancing monkeys. I view humanity as monkeys that dance for my pleasure. That definitely sums things up.

Edit: Hahahaha! Screw Independence Day! They found the Higgs! They found the Higgs Boson! They found the damn God Particle! Yes! This brings us one step close to surpassing the Gods themselves! Oh man. This is amazing. Just wow. I really wasn't expecting things so soon... I thought it would be another 3 years at the least. Holy mother of God.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:00 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

No, a long occupation would follow, but the people for the most part hate those radical screwballs in charge. They almost had a revolution two years ago.

But did they REALLY find it? Or is it another thing where science will go "sorry, we were wrong." They pull that kind of bull all the time, the pesky b*******. :9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:16 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Usually when they redact a statement the supposed "results" were turned up by one study group and had not been independently verified. They haven't officially declared that it's the Higgs, but these results were simultaneously discovered by two groups independent from each other, and so far the particle they have found matches those predicted by the mathematical formulas that first theorized the existence of the Higgs. Over the next year the data will be scrutinized by every major scientific institution in the world. At the end it will either be officially declared the Higgs, or it will be a new particle all together that we never dreamed of, which is equally exciting.

I also looked at the news and didn't see anything about Iran.

Edit: The Higgs Boson probably seems boring to a lot of you, but listen for just one moment. Once we understand how it works we could potentially have a Mass Effect situation on our hands. Okay. That's not really true. Once you change the mass of an object it ceases to be that object. At that point it begins to behave differently at the fundamental particle level. Actually. I think increasing the mass is a viable option, but if you reduce the mass of something then it wont clump together the same way. But yeah, I'm pretty sure we could increase the mass of stuff. I imagine the first use would be military. Take a small chunk of matter, increase its mass and therefore the amount of kinetic force it can impart, and then shoot that sucker out of a really big gun. Probably a rail gun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:46 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Hey guys, been a while, but I've been dealing with RL issues lately... I'll try to post more on that tomorrow.

Anyways, about the Higgs Boson, I personally find the test results from the Large Hadron Collider and the Faster Than Light speed Neutrinos to be FAR more interesting: Just imagine, FTL communications, FTL travel, etc... We'll finally be able to get off this ball of rock and spread throughout the galaxy! To borrow a quote from a certain Pinky and the Brain episode, who cares about taking over a single planet when you can rule the GALAXY! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

The FTL neutrinos were proven false awhile back. It was faulty wiring running from the actual LHC to the OPERA observation facility where the initial results were discovered. After fixing the wire OPERA consistently received normal results from neutrino flight.

The Higgs Boson doesn't excite me because of any potential uses. It excites me because it's basically responsible for the Universe as we know it. Without the Higgs then nothing would coalesce into anything. Even atoms wouldn't exist. Protons, neutrons, and electrons wouldn't stick together. Now they need to discover the anti-Higgs Boson that has to be hiding somewhere in anti-matter.

Why do we celebrate independence by blowing things up in tremendous fireballs? I enjoy since I'm a teensy bit of a pyro, but I really don't understand why we do it...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:01 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

huhhhh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:23 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

macleodman2 wrote:
Why do we celebrate independence by blowing things up in tremendous fireballs? I enjoy since I'm a teensy bit of a pyro, but I really don't understand why we do it...

Because fire is awesome.

OnlineProfile  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 54 of 200   [ 1993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 200  Next