Change font size
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Where to print decals
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

I am new to customizing and after finishing my first decal design I found that the place that I had planned on printing lacked what i needed and I've been stuck at this step for a few weeks now. I know that there used to be users on MCN that would print decals for a fee but sadly it is defunct. Can any of you suggest a place that can do the white base coats and metallics that I need?

Thanks,

SB

Post subject: Re: Where to print decals
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:35 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I would recommend getting some water slide decals and have where you want the metallics, leave the decal blank, then paint the metallics under where you want the decal. If you want a specific pattern, like the chain mail, sending your decal design to a normal printing service may be your best bet.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 am 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
I would recommend getting some water slide decals and have where you want the metallics, leave the decal blank, then paint the metallics under where you want the decal. If you want a specific pattern, like the chain mail, sending your decal design to a normal printing service may be your best bet.

Thank you for your advice. I may have a printer lined up now but if not, is there a printing service that you know of that would do this? The painting metallic under is a great suggestion but for this design I need rather fine detail and I'm no Picasso. Also, I understand the quality of a decal underprinted in white is far better than what I could turn out on a standard laser jet.

Thanks again,

SB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:59 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
You might want to try either Fine Cloner Decals or Saber-Scorpion's Lair to see if they will print them for you. Both are still active to my knowledge and deal with high quality decals. Another customizer that does decals (and does them well) is Roaglaan on Flickr. I think he quit taking decal requests, but if the design is something you already have finished, he might print them. These are all just guesses as I have never gone this route. Good luck ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Quickblade wrote:
You might want to try either Fine Cloner Decals or Saber-Scorpion's Lair to see if they will print them for you. Both are still active to my knowledge and deal with high quality decals. Another customizer that does decals (and does them well) is Roaglaan on Flickr. I think he quit taking decal requests, but if the design is something you already have finished, he might print them. These are all just guesses as I have never gone this route. Good luck ;)

Thanks a lot for all these suggestions. Right now I think FineClonier is going to print a few for me but he doesn't really run a decal printing service any longer and is doing it to be nice I think. I'll try and look into the other two you mentioned.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]