It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 119   [ 1187 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 119  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Music Topic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Biohazard wrote:
Yeah... Not near as hard as Metallica. Or Drowning pool. Or Disturbed. Or A7X. Or... I don't even want to hear that they "Rocked hard"..

Volbeat - Fallen

Drowning pool will, like, sooo not be remembered, like, 50 years from now, man. :9 Actually, I have a different def. of "rocked hard." Mine means rhythmic music with interesting lyrics, not "LET THE BULLETS FLY! WE ALL GONNA DIE-IE-IE-IE-IE!" X)

J/k. Like what you want. Everyone's musical tastes are different. :)

EDIT: Still overwhelmed by the awesomesauce-ness of Germanic Union: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5RbmrOg ... re=related

Last edited by Napoleon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:17 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
Drowning pool will, like, sooo not be remembered, like, 50 years from now, man. :9 Actually, I have a different def. of "rocked hard." Mine means rhythmic music with interesting lyrics, not "LET THE BULLETS FLY! WE ALL GONNA DIE-IE-IE-IE-IE!" X)

Maybe not DP, but Metallica sure will be. It's been almost 30 years and they're still rocking. Hard. People will remember them and the rest of the Big Four for a long time.
And seriously. Metal isn't just about death-- Listen to Demon Hunter:

You'll find it in the veil of night where solitude is born, In the emptiness of broken flesh, at the mercy of the thorns

A7X?
Seize the day or die regretting the time You lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over

August Burns Red?
I am just a man with a heart and sinful hands. I am a fallen victim.
Lord, show me the way, I ask of you Father, let my words be your words.

I could go on and on, but I think you get my point.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:29 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Yeah, Metallica WILL be remembered. Definitely. They're classic. While they're not my favorite, they are good at what they do and will be listened to for a VERY long time.

August Burns Red and A7X? No.

The main thing? Without the Beatles, there would be no Metallica or DP. The Beatles were the inventors of rock, and that's a main reason why I like them. Just like there wouldn't be any "gangstas" without the zootsuiters. Teh rebeliouznezz! ;9

Top 1900's artists that will be remembered, IMO:

#1: The Beatles

#2: Elvis (duh)

#3: I hate to say it, but possibly KISS. Don't get me started on the Knights In Satan's Service, as their name was rumored to stand for. I have to admit, though: I wanna Rock and Roll is one of my guilty pleasures. ;)

#4: One of the crooners. Probably Sinatra. I don't like that kind of music a lot, but TONS of people do.

#5: The Monkees (Okay, I kid there :9 )

Metallica would probably come in, oh, #6-8-ish. Alice Cooper (because of one or two iconic songs) #9-ish. Beach Boys probably #10.

We should have a poll for the greatest singer/band of all time! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
Yeah, Metallica WILL be remembered. Definitely. They're classic. While they're not my favorite, they are good at what they do.

August Burns Red and A7X? No.

The main thing? Without the Beatles, there would be no Metallica or DP. The Beatles were the inventors of rock, and that's a main reason why I like them.

Hah...haha...hah. Yeah, they'd still be there. The Beatles are not the inventors of Rock. At all. Rock was invented in the 50's, dude. Elvis?

Are you saying ABR and A7X won't be remembered, or they're not good at what they do? Because if you're saying they're not good at what they do...

Synster Gates (Lead guitarist) alone absolutely shatters the Beatles. The Rev (Drummer) annihilated them. Johnny Christ (Bassist) owns 'em. Zacky V (Rhythm guitar) dominates them. The Beatles couldn't play an A7X song if they tried. It'd be too fast for them. Same deal with ABR: Too fast and complicated. Listen to "Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold, or "Blinded in Chains" and try to tell me the Beatles could play it. We're not going to go into vocals because that is an original thing.

You can't really say these bands don't have skill. I don't care if you like them or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:14 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

The Beatles are awesome, Nappy, yes; but except for a few select songs where they played with heavy metal trapping, they did not "rock hard". "Hard" is the key word and should be pretty intuitive if you know the definition of hard.

But they're still excellent, CB. Fast isn't automatically good. I'm just gonna ask, what Beatles' songs have you heard (this to CB)? Because there's a huge difference between "I wanna hold your hand" and "The long and winding road". After the boy-band pop in the early years, each album was different, and I would say, that ability to be so incredibly varied is what sets them apart from so many others.

Also, Metallica sucks, no matter how good their music is (yes fine I like some of their stuff). You torrent too, right CB? You should sympathize... >_>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:08 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
The Beatles are awesome, Nappy, yes; but except for a few select songs where they played with heavy metal trapping, they did not "rock hard". "Hard" is the key word and should be pretty intuitive if you know the definition of hard.

But they're still excellent, CB. Fast isn't automatically good. I'm just gonna ask, what Beatles' songs have you heard (this to CB)? Because there's a huge difference between "I wanna hold your hand" and "The long and winding road". After the boy-band pop in the early years, each album was different, and I would say, that ability to be so incredibly varied is what sets them apart from so many others.

Also, Metallica sucks, no matter how good their music is (yes fine I like some of their stuff). You torrent too, right CB? You should sympathize... >_>

I wasn't saying Speed = Good, I was saying Speed = Skill. You can't just pick up a guitar and play some A7X songs, yet my friend can play quite a few of the beatles songs and they were some the first he learned.

As for what song, not many, but pretty sure I've heard Let it Be, I want to hold your hand, just looked up The Long and Winding Road, Loser, and Here comes the sun. I think that's about it.

...Metallica sucks? Wut. Yeah, they're part of the Big Four and have been around about 30 years, played headline shows all over the world, because they suck? |U
What does torrenting have to do with anything?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:53 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Metallica drove the spike into Napster's beating heart and fortified the RIAA's throne of skulls.

Also speed isn't necessarily skill either.

Also also listen to the White Album. It's... different.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:05 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Shadow Viking wrote:
Metallica drove the spike into Napster's beating heart and fortified the RIAA's throne of skulls.

Also speed isn't necessarily skill either.

It was a decaying black heart. And a Throne of Skulls sounds pretty awesome to me. :9

But to play speed efficiently and make it sound like something besides random noise, that's some skill.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:35 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

As all know, I prefer Metallica, A7X, etc., to the Beatles any day. The Beatles didn't necessarily have "skill," rather than they got creative with their lyrics. As Biohazard said, efficient speed does infact mean skilled. I sure as hell can't pick up a guitar and start shredding. I can knick a few strings hear and there, just like the Beatles. They're band was creative and sppoke out to many people(creativity most likely purely drawn from all that marijuana), but that doesn't mean they were musically talented. I used to listen to the Beatles a lot when I was a kid, just because my family was huge on it. I hated it. Putting my -opinions- aside, I find them to be, in no way, shape, or form, hard rock. Rock? Yeah, maybe a little. And while most people think the Beatles invented rock and inspired -all- rock/metal bands(idk how people think that...), they didn't. Looking at so many famous rock and metal bands, they list bands like Led Zeppelin as their inspiration, but not the Beatles.

And as for the Napster/Metallica case: If hundreds of thousands of people stole your hard worked and well deserved money, I'm pretty sure you'd do the same. Don't even try to tell me you wouldn't, because that's just dumb. Besides, there isn't any reason to complain. There are so many other torrent 'sites, and someone was bound to break down Napster at some point for their crimes, so it doesn't affect you.

In other news, all ranting/debating aside, Ensiferum, my fav band and a band I know a few people on here like, has written enough raw material for TWO albums! They have just decided what material will be on which album and the order of which the albums will be released! I'm sure in no time we will be seeing the release date/announcement of what the album will be called! Probably another month or two, since they still have to finish all of the songs on one album completely.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:41 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

There's my backup, late as usual :9

And just to make sure it's obvious, I'm not trying to cram my music down anyones throats. If you want to listen to the Beatles, cool. Just don't try to say they're the 'gods of rock' or that they 'invented rock' or 'inspired everyone' or that they're just plain better.

...Because if you do that, I will find you, and literally cram a copy of Kill 'Em All down your throat. :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 119   [ 1187 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 119  Next