Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Modification question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:57 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

First, I would like to say that I am unsure if this should go here or Chop Shop (possibly even Artisan Gallery?). If this is the wrong place for it, I appeal to the kindness and amazing decision making skills of the mods to correct this issue and not smite me in the process.

On to the question: Does anyone have a good suggestion for how to piece together chopped up Brickforge pieces to make an even more amazing weapon? ("More amazing than a Brickforge weapon? Blasphemy!" Nay! For it shall be made of only Brickforge to create one new and awesome weapon.) This is the first time I am chopping and combining pieces and was uncertain what would create a secure and clean looking connection. I was thinking either krazy/super glue or possibly even Gorilla Glue. Suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Modification question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:14 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Gorilla glue. Use some on a toothpick. If you just try to squeeze... well, you'll have big problems. I fixed one of my family's broken kitchen chairs a while back with it; a little oozes into a LOT.

As for what pieces to use, that totally depends on what you have. I'd use something cheap first.

I'd say this goes in the Chop Shop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:03 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I would use something that you have a lot of.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

There seems to be a bit of confusion. While I appreciate the suggestions, I already know what it is I intend to chop and combine. I have been planning it for some time actually. My question is in the combining of the pieces. Whether to use glue and what kind or some other such substance/method.

Also, thanks be to the almighty mods for moving this and not striking me down for my inaccurate placement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:41 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
There seems to be a bit of confusion. While I appreciate the suggestions, I already know what it is I intend to chop and combine. I have been planning it for some time actually. My question is in the combining of the pieces. Whether to use glue and what kind or some other such substance/method.

Also, thanks be to the almighty mods for moving this and not striking me down for my inaccurate placement.

Oh, then, Gorilla Glue, toothpick, some paint if you want. When you glue it, let it dry on a non-stick surface. I know from personal experience. :9 Before you set it down, hold it for a minute or two so it doesn't get cock-eyed or messed up when you let go.

The mods don't usually get angry about wrong placement unless there's a n00b who's doing it deliberately. :9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:27 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Brickule did a great job using glue before as I recall, modding neck armor to battle armor. I can't remember the exact post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:06 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I used some guerrilla glue but it didn't work so well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:52 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Thanks to all who provided advice on this issue. It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but for a first try at this, I'll take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:14 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

For future mods ... I use superglue, or something similar. Sometimes you need to 'roughen' the gluing surface too with a little sandpaper or such, to give the glue some 'grab".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:24 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Thanx mC, I'll try using some sandpaper next time that might improve the results. I guess both of us gained from your question Machetero.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next