It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:07 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: LEGO Minifigure Change
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:18 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Oreo wrote:
Hey, at least they're not using lead paint in them.

We hope :9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:28 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I don't know about the cheapyness being really bad, I have one cracked torso from Space Police that's the only one I've ever had.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:26 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hey, this reminds me of the cheapness of Bionicles later on. The broke after a week of light play. And my old-old-old-old-old ones, don't have any signs of wear!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:47 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Asterios wrote:
the problem is Omi when you have 4 or more shades of Dark Bley on the same part type in the same LEGO set somethings wrong.

And Lego is doing what they can to fix it. Or just toss away the color entirely like they did with purple for awhile.
Quote:
Hey, this reminds me of the cheapness of Bionicles later on.

Yeah those were actually on Lego's homefront, and they were aware of the problem.

-Omi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:06 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

I haven't had a chance to look closely at the latest set I've purchased (Blacksmith Attack), but I can tell that the minifigs are from China. They're lower quality, less shiny, and make me sad when I see them. In all honesty, when I opened up the box and put the figs together I cried a little inside; I knew there were Chinese figs (I have a lot of the Collectible Minifigs) but I didn't expect them to be this bad... Especially when you combine the Chinese figs with European bricks. It's just plain wrong. I know that I probably won't buy many more sets unless they increase the quality and get them closer to European standards.

I haven't had any problems with them breaking or anything yet, but that's mainly because I am ridiculously careful with them due to the Chinese parts in the figs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

hawkxs wrote:
I haven't had a chance to look closely at the latest set I've purchased (Blacksmith Attack), but I can tell that the minifigs are from China. They're lower quality, less shiny, and make me sad when I see them. In all honesty, when I opened up the box and put the figs together I cried a little inside; I knew there were Chinese figs (I have a lot of the Collectible Minifigs) but I didn't expect them to be this bad... Especially when you combine the Chinese figs with European bricks. It's just plain wrong. I know that I probably won't buy many more sets unless they increase the quality and get them closer to European standards.

I haven't had any problems with them breaking or anything yet, but that's mainly because I am ridiculously careful with them due to the Chinese parts in the figs.

Amen! Exactly how I feel...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:42 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

hawkxs wrote:

I have a hard time believing this because all china makes is the fig packs, magnets, keychains, and the Collectible figs. You know, the small stuff. Sets aren't made over there.

-Omi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:52 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

The only thing that has happened to me is that my Greedo torso had small cracks from old age and excessive play. I really haven't had any issues with the lower quality minifigures.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:26 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Well, the Greedo figs are quite old. He was made before Lego started the China thing, I believe...

And I have A Greedo fig. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 am 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

Omicron wrote:
I have a hard time believing this because all china makes is the fig packs, magnets, keychains, and the Collectible figs. You know, the small stuff. Sets aren't made over there.
-Omi
No, but undoubtedly they are using Chinese figs in otherwise European sets. You can tell very easily. (at some point soon I will take some compare/contrast pics and post on my flickr). Also, my recently purchased keychains seem to be of normal quality...

Anyway I don't want to start a flame war but this is my personal belief and I am fairly certain it is true... Global outsourcing isn't always the best, although as somebody said, I'll take slightly lower quality for a time rather than higher prices, and hopefully they'll get it sorted out soon.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next