Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crowns
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

To really do this right we'd have to make a male and female hairpiece that had an inset ring for a secondary crown to fit on. I don't believe soft plastic would suffice as it shifts differently over the various hairpieces causing it to look warped and perhaps even split. It is an item we've talked about internally but currently eludes a proper solution.

-A

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:34 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Armothe wrote:
To really do this right we'd have to make a male and female hairpiece that had an inset ring for a secondary crown to fit on. I don't believe soft plastic would suffice as it shifts differently over the various hairpieces causing it to look warped and perhaps even split. It is an item we've talked about internally but currently eludes a proper solution.

-A

or option 2 build a hairpiece crown combo (all one piece) kind of like the Hair Piece Elf ears I suggested awhile back before LEGO did it. :9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:52 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Asterios wrote:
or option 2 build a hairpiece crown combo (all one piece) kind of like the Hair Piece Elf ears I suggested awhile back before LEGO did it. :9

And what, screen print the Crown part gold, silver? leaving the majority of the hairpiece the ABS color? Impossible.
The only practical solution for this is a circlet to which the majority sits underneath long hair. From there you can pad print the exposed areas of the circlet - mainly the frontal area.

-A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:35 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Would you make a new hair piece and little crown for it someday?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:39 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Armothe wrote:
Asterios wrote:

And what, screen print the Crown part gold, silver? leaving the majority of the hairpiece the ABS color? Impossible.
The only practical solution for this is a circlet to which the majority sits underneath long hair. From there you can pad print the exposed areas of the circlet - mainly the frontal area.

-A

or how about doing something similar to the Turban, with the top piece comprising of the Crown and the bottom piece comprising of the hair and both pieces mesh together to make the whole?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Asterios wrote:
or how about doing something similar to the Turban, with the top piece comprising of the Crown and the bottom piece comprising of the hair and both pieces mesh together to make the whole?

Much more practical :) We have been discussing both a male and female hairpiece with a flat top & stud along with a series of various headgear (Tricorn Hat, Crown, etc...) that would connect to them. Easier said than done, and a bit pricey to undertake. I won't rule it out though.

-A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:07 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Armothe wrote:
Asterios wrote:

Much more practical :) We have been discussing both a male and female hairpiece with a flat top & stud along with a series of various headgear (Tricorn Hat, Crown, etc...) that would connect to them. Easier said than done, and a bit pricey to undertake. I won't rule it out though.

-A

intervesting, veddy, veddy intervesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I'm a little curious what "a bit pricey" is? I'm not sure how much is done in house and whats done through other companies.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:48 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think this would be cool, the LEGO crown is nice, but mostly looks like a battle helmet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:08 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Location: Deep underground, waiting for the return of Morgoth...
Yeah, my main beef with TLG's crown is that it looks like a king's battle helm more than... well, a crown! :|~

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next