Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 9   [ 83 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Leaving Soon
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:57 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I'll keep an eye open for the book, so it takes a lot of determination, I've got plenty of that and if people say I can't do it that'll make me more determined. XD Do you think the Navy is the way to go or should I go for army special forces or something?

Last edited by Daken the Bladesmith on Mon May 16, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:36 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Quote:
I've got plenty of that and if people say I can't do it that'll make more determined.

A man after my own thinking :)

Also, Army vs Navy is really a personal preference as far as I'm concerned/know..
I'm going into the National Guard next spring because the benefits are great for me, and because I've always wanted to be in the Military since I was five. (I was going to be a Marine for about 10 years, then changed my mind ;) )
And after my service years are up (Thinking of going for 6-8), I'm going to try and go for Rangers.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:05 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Marines all the way, bro. B) My cousin, who's one of my best friends, was a combat marine for a few years. And before that, when he was a teen, he thoroughly indoctrinated me in the Marine Corps. I even have a full-size USMC flag on my wall. :D You can look at it this way: If you want to serve your country, but not extreme risk to life and limb, I'd go for the actual sea-borne Navy. I'm not diminishing the Navy whatsoever, but they lose less sailors because, obviously, it's harder for terrorists to harm our floating star destroyers. XD If you want more excitement, I'd go for the Marines (still technically the navy) or Navy soldiers deployed on land, like DN. That's where the excitement is. The Army, too, especially the spec ops.

My 2 cents. Like CB said, it's just my obviously biased preference. ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:48 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

The Army does have a lot to offer as well as the Marines. The Army has Green Beret (their main Spec Ops) and Rangers. The Rangers are a larger group and only after more specific training do they join the ranks of Spec Ops. Marines are Marines... I've worked with TONS of Marines and have ALOT of respect for them and what they do... I just haven't met a Marine I liked. (I know their out there thought) You have to REALLY want to be a Marine to make it through. Marines get some of the best toys and training... but some of the worst missions and duties.

Like CB said it just all depends on you. As far as benefits go they are all the same across the board when it comes to health and life insurance and school benefits. The Navy does have the best enlistment bonuses right now though. (last I knew you could get 40k depending on the rate) If Navy is really what you want you can also look into SWCC and EOD.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:38 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Lots of info here thanx guys! I like benefits. :D My bother said he would become a Ranger if any because they have great snipers and he likes sniping. I guess I'll have to research the groups see what I prefer. If I was to say join the Rangers would I still be able to become a Navy Seal?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Daken the Bladesmith wrote:
Lots of info here thanx guys! I like benefits. :D My bother said he would become a Ranger if any because they have great snipers and he likes sniping. I guess I'll have to research the groups see what I prefer. If I was to say join the Rangers would I still be able to become a Navy Seal?

Free stuff is good. :D

I once saw on a documentary snipers have it rough. In Vietnam a number of them got them got... Jungle Jollies, to put it nicely. It's really personal, almost like playing God, where the enemies' life is in your hands at all times. It takes its toll on you, especially if you're a nice guy in normal life. There were some "macho men" who actually enjoyed sniping the hades out of the VC, even becoming sadistic about it. It depends on the person, especially their personality.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:15 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I'm not sure I've heard of anyone going from Ranger to SEAL or SEAL to Ranger before. I think once you make the commitment to one its such a tight brotherhood of guys you dont want to leave them. Plus the training itself takes several years to become the best.

I've seen several different documentaries on Netflix about snipers... they really are something else. I worked with a Marine that was a sniper in Desert Storm, and I was trained by another older man that was a chopper sniper in Vietnam

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:06 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Dirk_Nagel wrote:

I've seen several different documentaries on Netflix about snipers... they really are something else. I worked with a Marine that was a sniper in Desert Storm, and I was trained by another older man that was a chopper sniper in Vietnam

Woah, they sniped on choppers? I never knew that. I figured it would be too unsteady.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:13 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
Dirk_Nagel wrote:

Woah, they sniped on choppers? I never knew that. I figured it would be too unsteady.

I think it would be really hard and annoying, but possible. But I'm not a military sniper, so I wouldn't know.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Hahaha yeah... They spend months just learning how to make up for the traveling speed, wind ... blah blah blah... ALL the stuff that makes shooting harder then it should be :D They learn to just kinda guesstimate where they need to aim and where they want the bullet to go. Its just plain crazy...

The SEAL sniper that shot all those pirates a couple years back on Easter Sunday... on the fantail of a destroyer... at night... in 30 foot swells... 4 headshots. Thats something else too. Their trained to be BA (not Brickarms... but Bad@ss)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 9   [ 83 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next