Change font size
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 12   [ 117 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Khopesh97-Napoleon-Oreo-Hikaro Story Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:34 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

The aliens destroyed it! :9 It is pretty sad that it took them until 2012 to get to the moon.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:14 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
The aliens destroyed it! :9 It is pretty sad that it took them until 2012 to get to the moon.

2015, actually. 8o It's supposed to kind of show that the United States in the 60's was better than a modern Nazi Germany.

And nope, it ain't aliens. ;D *keeps suspense going*

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
OK guys, sorry I've been a bit out of the loop, but I was at my girlfriend's place all day... I'll try to post something tomorrow...

BTW, might the Goering 11's explosion have something to do with German Crown Loyalists who may or may not have had contact with certain other parties?

Also, I can't really see Switzerland joining Nazi Germany willingly... The Swiss people value their independence, democracy and neutrality far too much... As a matter of fact, there is this anecdote about an exchange between a Nazi Officer and a Swiss General:

Asks the (post-Austrian Anschluss, but pre-World War II) Nazi officer to the Swiss general: "Really, how many Swiss could you resist us with?"
Swiss general: "At full mobilization, I can have one million men and weapons at my command."
Nazi: But what if five million troops came over the border?
Swiss: Then I and my men would fire five shots each, and go home. :D

Oh, that's okay. One day won't stagnate us.

Nope, ain't that, either. *suspenseful music plays* :9 I'll give you a hint: I'm kind of thinking it has something to do with McCoy's strange knowledge of history... I'm still working it out, so it'll be a little while till the truth arrives.

Hmmm... I think you're right about the Swiss... It was kinda a random thing I stuck in there...

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that DC got nuked as well? If that is, in fact, the case, then I'm going to be doing some more modifications of the map.... Mainly due to the fact that pretty much everything EAST of Frederick would be radioactive, and in such a case, I'd feel justified in adding Havre de Grace and Perryville to the Freischteet (i.e. two areas that they were able to easily decontaminate and fortify to act as additional seaports)....

I don't really know... Strategy might make them just bomb it with missiles... If they wanted a quick, crushing defeat, however, the a-bombs would be flying. I'm thinking they wouldn't, as it is such a valuable area. The Lincoln Memorial itself is supposed to be made of solid gold.

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Final thought: My Idea for West Virginia is to have it controlled by various (large) over-clans (one of which is, in fact, the Hatfields... yes THOSE Hatfields), but have a central, mediating authority in the form of the United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) union, and them being one of the Freisctheet & Pittsburgh's key trade partners (mainly coal and timber), which is one of the main reasons that the Freischteet annexed most of Washington County, MD (maintain the I-81 corridor and rail links to WVA)...

EDIT: Actually, I just read your latest installment, and I have to say that the last comment made by the Freischteet operative is only half-right, and that's all you're going to find out until I get my chapter done tomorrow. ;)

Yes! I want West Virginia in this. I lived there for many years. I know the families(dozens, literally, and yes, they are as backwoods and rivalistic as you think), I know the history, even the "West Virginia War," where we got the term "redneck" from the bandannas miners wore around their necks, have West Virginians in my own family, and I know the cities. It'd be so cool if I could write about cities I lived in and visited. For any of you who don't understand the importance of coal in WV, just watch the TV show "Coal" on Spike. That'll tell you everything you wanna know. ;) We knew people who lived right next to that exact mine, in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDowell_C ... t_Virginia although we lived quite a ways away. It's supposed to be the worst county in the state. In real life there are roaming muggers and gangs out in the woods, and it's dirt poor. One guy-we-knew's grandfather was the first man in the country to get a food stamp. :9

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:39 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Most of what I learned of fairly recent WVA history came, interestingly enough, from reading Eric Flint's 1632 series, and when the Up-Timers (West Virginians who got zapped back in time to the year 1632 and into the direct middle of what is now Germany) kept making references to events like the Matewan Massacre, I decided to look them up on Wikipedia and found out about things like the Battle of Blair Mountain and such....

Anyways, here's my sucky pic of Hauptmann Ryan Lautenslager (In his dress uniform) and Mark Eichenlaub in his battle fatigues (and holding his STG-50 assault rifle):

...yeah, I know I need to get a new camera (seriously, I had every light in the room on, both windows open and even had my 2-D cell flashlight with the super-bright LED bulb focused on the figs, and it STILL turned out dark... You'd think NIKON of all people should be able to make a decent digital camera! ...Then again, I DID buy that thing in 2002 or 2003.....)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:45 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Nice figs! I used to use a terrible camera, meself.

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Most of what I learned of fairly recent WVA history came, interestingly enough, from reading Eric Flint's 1632 series, and when the Up-Timers (West Virginians who got zapped back in time to the year 1632 and into the direct middle of what is now Germany) kept making references to events like the Matewan Massacre, I decided to look them up on Wikipedia and found out about things like the Battle of Blair Mountain and such....

...yeah, I know I need to get a new camera (seriously, I had every light in the room on, both windows open and even had my 2-D cell flashlight with the super-bright LED bulb focused on the figs, and it STILL turned out dark... You'd think NIKON of all people should be able to make a decent digital camera! ...Then again, I DID buy that thing in 2002 or 2003.....)

Haha, I gotta read that!

Battle of Blair Mountain = WWI between miners and doughboys. |D That was unbelievable... They actually had biplanes and trenches! Even BAR machine guns!

EDIT: Here's a USSR nuclear targeting map from the Cold War. It should be useful for us. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:58 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

OK, here's the latest and greatest map, based on the latest info:
Attachment:
OutcastChroniclesPA_map.gif
OutcastChroniclesPA_map.gif [ 78.92 KiB | Viewed 1334 times ]

let me know of any additions/changes you want to make....

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:26 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
Powered Assault Commando wrote:
This is the most unique story I've read in my life! It really draws a body in. I could see Harry firing the bazooka into the Sherman.

Thank you very, very much. :D We appreciate it.

On the title: How about calling it: Occupied

That name rocks!

P.S Would you mind if in a separate thread, I posted a short story on the Japanese occupation of the west coast?

Not at all! You should definitely write that! I've been wondering what happened to the Japanese... I could see epic battles in Seattle and San Fransisco... Write it. B)

EDIT: Image

;) I'll have to see if the others like that title. The only other one I can come up with is "Nuked."

Haha! I'm director! I like Occupied, thanks SM!

IT should be rated PG-13 'cause of: Violence, mild language, and awesomeness factors.

;D

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:29 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
OK, here's the latest and greatest map, based on the latest info:
Attachment:
OutcastChroniclesPA_map.gif

let me know of any additions/changes you want to make....

Looks awesome! Which editor are you using?

@Khopesh: Indeed, my friend, indeed. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:14 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Should we get Gecko to edit?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:28 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

khopesh97 wrote:
Should we get Gecko to edit?

I'm thinkin' yes. He's quite excellent with language and a also a friend of mine. :) If you were thinking of my post above, I actually meant "photo/picture editor," i.e. Paint, Photoshop, etc.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Oh, I wasn't refering to that.

Your first characters Napo...

Attachments:
James Robertson.JPG
James Robertson.JPG [ 117.63 KiB | Viewed 1299 times ]
Jack Robertson.JPG
Jack Robertson.JPG [ 112.05 KiB | Viewed 1299 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 12   [ 117 posts ]