It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:42 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 12   [ 117 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Khopesh97-Napoleon-Oreo-Hikaro Story Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:11 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
Wow, great chapters! I can see that you guys have definitely planned ahead for the plot, it is really one of the best I have seen in an online story.

Woah, danke from all of us. :D

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
Actually, I've only got a general idea of what's going to happen next, most of the time, then I use my military experience, extreme familiarity with the area (I grew up in and currently live in Central PA) to extrapolate things from there....

BTW, just how old is Gunner Patterson, exactly... From what I'm getting, based on hints dropped in the story thus far, he sounds like he should be almost as old as Grandpa Robertson...

I'm about the same, maybe a little more planned, but still making a lot of it up.

Oreo might have said in the character bio. Can't remember for sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:30 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Sketches and stuffz! : :|~

Here'z figz!

Enjoyz!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:43 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

The folder ain't public yet, but I can still see the drawings; great job! I like your rounded cartoon style.

*goes off to finish getting Erik and the others to PA* :D

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:01 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Naw dang. I forgot that it wasn't public.

Here. It's my folder so I c'n see the stuff I put ther' before it goes public.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:36 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Ah, nice! The hair is a bit strange, but the rest really works well. That head does look like an Eastern European.

:)

Guys, I need your ideas on the title. I wanna create the site, and you can't change the title...

EDIT: Oh, and my addition about the Goering 11 exploding is not about aliens, just in case people were worried I was going camp. :9

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

This is the most unique story I've read in my life! It really draws a body in. I could see Harry firing the bazooka into the Sherman.

On the title: How about calling it: Occupied

P.S Would you mind if in a separate thread, I posted a short story on the Japanese occupation of the west coast?

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom.12:21

Query: why is this necessary? Repeat, query: why is this necessary?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:34 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
This is the most unique story I've read in my life! It really draws a body in. I could see Harry firing the bazooka into the Sherman.

Thank you very, very much. :D We appreciate it.

On the title: How about calling it: Occupied

That name rocks!

P.S Would you mind if in a separate thread, I posted a short story on the Japanese occupation of the west coast?

Not at all! You should definitely write that! I've been wondering what happened to the Japanese... I could see epic battles in Seattle and San Fransisco... Write it. B)

EDIT: Image

;) I'll have to see if the others like that title. The only other one I can come up with is "Nuked."

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:24 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

So while reading the most recent chapters by Napoleon I came to a realization. Had I continued with the character I tried to create for the enlistment thread, he could have easily been a Jersey Wastelander. He had a mohawk, could climb, did martial arts, had a tendency to "scavenge", and preferred guerrilla warfare. Coincidence I grew up in Jersey? :9

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:38 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
So while reading the most recent chapters by Napoleon I came to a realization. Had I continued with the character I tried to create for the enlistment thread, he could have easily been a Jersey Wastelander. He had a mohawk, could climb, did martial arts, had a tendency to "scavenge", and preferred guerrilla warfare. Coincidence I grew up in Jersey? :9

Haha! :D Man, that would've worked great. Feel free to invent a character still. There's basically unlimited possibilities. You could even do a Wastelander that moved to PA... somehow. Food for thought.

EDIT: Trading card:

One of McCoy's traders.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

OK guys, sorry I've been a bit out of the loop, but I was at my girlfriend's place all day... I'll try to post something tomorrow...

BTW, might the Goering 11's explosion have something to do with German Crown Loyalists who may or may not have had contact with certain other parties?

Also, I can't really see Switzerland joining Nazi Germany willingly... The Swiss people value their independence, democracy and neutrality far too much... As a matter of fact, there is this anecdote about an exchange between a Nazi Officer and a Swiss General:

Asks the (post-Austrian Anschluss, but pre-World War II) Nazi officer to the Swiss general: "Really, how many Swiss could you resist us with?"
Swiss general: "At full mobilization, I can have one million men and weapons at my command."
Nazi: But what if five million troops came over the border?
Swiss: Then I and my men would fire five shots each, and go home. :D

....But I digress.... One more thing: Am I correct in assuming that DC got nuked as well? If that is, in fact, the case, then I'm going to be doing some more modifications of the map.... Mainly due to the fact that pretty much everything EAST of Frederick would be radioactive, and in such a case, I'd feel justified in adding Havre de Grace and Perryville to the Freischteet (i.e. two areas that they were able to easily decontaminate and fortify to act as additional seaports)....

Final thought: My Idea for West Virginia is to have it controlled by various (large) over-clans (one of which is, in fact, the Hatfields... yes THOSE Hatfields), but have a central, mediating authority in the form of the United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) union, and them being one of the Freisctheet & Pittsburgh's key trade partners (mainly coal and timber), which is one of the main reasons that the Freischteet annexed most of Washington County, MD (maintain the I-81 corridor and rail links to WVA)...

EDIT: Actually, I just read your latest installment, and I have to say that the last comment made by the Freischteet operative is only half-right, and that's all you're going to find out until I get my chapter done tomorrow. ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 12   [ 117 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next