Change font size
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Review: Soldier gear pack, "E" company
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

I just got back from brickmagic, and got something really cool. I thought I should do a review of it, since I have never seen it before.

There were quite a few different packs to arm a soldier with the new Brickforge soldier gear and a screen printed helmet, and I got this one.

It contains
1 dark bley hatchet
1 dark bley shovel
2 dark bley ammo pouches
1 dark olive green grease gun
1 dark olive green canteen
1 dark olive green backpack
1 dark olive green soldier helmet

It cost 8 bucks and came in a little ziploc baggie with this on top

I'll move onto the individual items now.

First up is the hatchet. IMO, this was the least exciting part of the pack. Wich goes to say something because it is a great accessory. It excellently represents a hatchet, and looks great as part of the gear of a soldier or camper.

Next is the shovel. This is just wonderful. Finally, a nice useful looking shovel! it looks a lot like the type of shovel you dig with, as opposed to Lego's shovel, which looks like a snow shovel. Overall this is the best minifigure shovel on the market.

After that, we have the ammo pouches. These are very unique accessories. to put it simply, you NEED these for military, paramilitary, and hunter figures. No vendor makes anything like it.

Here we have a canteen. Nothing fancy, just a canteen. It has a plethora of uses, because it is so simple. Campers, hikers, tourists, army, police, adventurers, whatever. Like the ammo pouches, you won't find a canteen anywhere else. It looks great in OD green.

This is the grease gun. This gun was widely used in WWII, and gained distinction. It is a great gun and I really love the aesthetic and size, which could also help it pass off as a TEC-9 or whatever. The grease gun was never made in OD green, but it looks so nice in that color it doesn't matter.

To complement the hatchet and shovel, we have a nice backpack. It looks somewha generic, but I think it looks like the type used by US soldiers in WWII. Speaking of which, it even has US screen printed on it! That and the olive green color make this great for WWII figs and MOCs.

Last but not least, we have the soldier helmet. It is a faithful representation of the US M1 helmet, albeit Lego-ized. I used to be a bigger fan of another vendor's M1 helmets, but this won me over. More on that later.

Put it on a figure, and it looks something like this.

There was a reason this pack made me go "OMIGOSH I NEEEEEEEEEED IT", and this is it. That wonderful helmet emblem screen printed on.

This helmet has the spades symbol on the side, like the helmet worn by ''E'' company, 101st airborne division. Think Band Of Brothers.

This is why Brickforge won me over to their helmet design. Their screen printing. They also had MP, sergeant, and medic, but I thought this one was best.

In conclusion, I love this whole idea of a pack that gears up a minifig, and I dunno if it's a con exclusive or not, but if you see it you should buy it.

Thanks for reading.
-SWATminifigGUY

Post subject: Re: Review: Soldier gear pack, "E" company
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

SWATminifigGUY wrote:

After that, we have the ammo pouches. These are very unique accessories. to put it simply, you NEED these for military, paramilitary, and hunter figures. No vendor makes anything like it.

I don't know of any hunters that could use so much ammo. They must have really bad aim, then again I geuss minifgures would have a pretty though time with aim seeing as they can't properly hold a rifle.

Great review by the way.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:33 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Great review!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:54 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

SWATminifigGUY wrote:
First up is the hatchet. IMO, this was the least exciting part of the pack. Wich goes to say something because it is a great accessory. It excellently represents a hatchet, and looks great as part of the gear of a soldier or camper.

Did you mean the most exciting not the least? BTW great review I want to get one now!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:56 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

^No, I meant least exciting. Yet still awesome.

Thank you all for the compliments. Not bad for a first review.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:52 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Than why did you write "Wich goes to say something because it is a great accessory." I'm confused? I'm not trying to be picky or anything I'm just onderin' if I missed something.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:58 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Daken the Bladesmith wrote:
Than why did you write "Wich goes to say something because it is a great accessory." I'm confused? I'm not trying to be picky or anything I'm just onderin' if I missed something.

He's saying that it's a great accesory, just not as good as the rest.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:41 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Ahhh thanx sorry I'm a little slow sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:37 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Nice stuff. I got a grease gun on order myself

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]