Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Awesome! Cant wait to see it ;D

Post subject: Re: Nova Trivani
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 pm 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Really nice!

And I'm not very fond of minis either. But I'll make one every now and then.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:49 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Baylego wrote:
Thank you! I have one tip for those of you who are trying to build microscale: just because it is smaller doesn't mean it is easier. Entire MOCs usually come out of playing around with one piece, in this case it was the Atlantis helmet. Don't force what you are building to one specific thing, just let the creativity flow. The end result might not be what you had in mind, but it still looks just as neat or even cooler.

For a younger fella, you sure do have a good explanation style!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:55 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

khopesh97 wrote:
For a younger fella, you sure do have a good explanation style!

Thanks! I am the same age as you though ;) . I was born in the summer of '97, so I am 13 now. However, a normal member was not an option when I signed up for some reason. I took some pictures of the capitol city, Trivani Ai, and will post them as soon as I get around to putting them on flickr! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:56 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Trivani Ai is a bustling capital city on the exoplanet Nova Trivani. Settled by people with little hope or money, they just hoped that they could scrape out a descent living in the black void. The whole descent living thing was scrapped before they even landed. Looking out the windows of the dilapidated freighter, they saw a jewel of a planet. All over the surface you could see faintly glowing green cracks, and everyone on board knew that meant quexrillium. This was the only known cure for cancer. The best material to produce light. Created the most intelligent robots. Above all, it was the rarest known element. These people would be living the life of luxury. After establishing a foothold, people became interested. New cities began to pop up all over the planet, and money came like light from the stars. As a monument, these proud people declared themselves a country and built the awe inspiring Senate Tower.
Now you might think that wartime would be bad for a planet with such an abundance of rare material. If you thought that, you would be wrong. Once the Galactic Power War broke out, people concerned for their safety or simply desiring wealth flocked to Nova Trivani. The country had everything it could ever want: peace, power, a booming economy, and happy citizens. However, this prosperity was about to end.
Captain Jueggerhelm could hardly believe that the Reich was letting him commandeer his personal flagship, the Reich's Hand. But of course, he was the only one who was happy about his achievement, as usual. People hated how he walked with his arrogant, contumelious strides, checking up on his crew and giving them advice and acting like he knew everything even if he didn't have a clue. So, as you could probably guess, there were quite a few audible groans and snickers when he walked up on the bridge to debrief them on their mission.
The captain cleared his throat as he prepared to speak. “Ladies and Gentlemen of the Reich,” he announced, accompanied by much eye rolling from his crew. “We have come upon a new epoch in warfare. One that we can be in peace, the Reich's pistol laying on whoever might dare oppose us, so they stay quiet in fear. This is the Reich's pistol,” he said as he gestured to a hologram. He laughed as the crew was caught gaping in surprise. “I guess that you are quite well versed in your weaponry. For those blockheads who don't know what this is, it is a vacuum-reacting Interplanetary Nuclear Missile. And since you are so smart, I can figure that you have assumed our destination of attack.” Yet again, he pointed to the hologram, but this time it displayed a picture of Nova Trivani. Since the crew had already been surprised once, it was hard to be surprised again. They swallowed their fears and activated the fieldwarp drive.
The crew watched everything around them distort as their weight increased and then suddenly spring back to normal as the exoplanet appeared in front of them. The captain called up the prime minister when the v-nuke was readied. The hologram flared up with a whirring sound.
“Captain, I assume?” Minister Sempix asked.
“Yes, sir,” he replied.
“ Very well. Can I say correctly that you are here for a trade treaty for your war?” the minister guessed.
“Yes, I just need to lower your shields so that I can land a shuttle,” the captain said.
“Okay. But there is going to be consequences if you bring anything larger than a laser pistol,” the minister said.
“Don't worry, we would never bring weapons down,” the captain assured him. When the captain smiled, a rather crooked grin came out, and the prime minister noticed the sarcasm of the whole endeavor far too late. “Fire!” the captain yelled. The shield generators were scrap metal within seconds. “Sir, the Reich does not want to be a pansy and sign a treaty. We want total control over the quexrillium, and for free. I would recommend that you hand over control of the planet now.”
“Or what? What can you do to this planet? If you dare do anything, then your country will be looked down upon by the interplanetary community, and you will have no support in your war! You would be fighting constantly to keep control, and so many people will die over what is supposed to save lives!” he exclaimed.
“Your rhetoric has gotten you nowhere, minister,” the captain said. Once that was said, he cut off communications. The prime minister was left fuming in his office at the top of the Parliament Tower. He stopped grumbling after he saw the shocked, desperate look on one of the representatives faces, staring out into space. Being confused, he looked back out his window. Streaming towards the city's edge was a v-nuke. He watched in silence as the mushroom cloud went up, killing millions of innocent people in seconds.
He screamed in rage at the Reich, but a lone tear betrayed his true emotion building up inside of him. Fear. The fear that the Iron Reich was not done with their rampage yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:12 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Very, very well done sir! Capital, wot wot?

You are one of the Masters of MicroScale me boy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:38 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Thank you! BTW did you see the post above about my age ;) ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:12 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I didn't comment before, but this simple little micro MOC (or whatever term you prefer) looks really cool. Good job at keeping the colors coordinated. I know most cityscapes have a multitude of colors, but this works well because of the sci-fi feel of the scene.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:08 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@BL: I saw the post, I was jus' bein' funny!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:14 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

This is really sweet!
I like too like the color choices and the many detail facets. Excellent work, and great inspiration ;D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next