Change font size
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Dwarven B.E.A.S.T. Steam Tank
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Sorry there's no BF items in this creation :( Thought about putting a spinning war hammer on it somewhere, but it just didn't work out.

Here's the full mocpages link with details http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/258319

This is dedicated to The Slayer of Light!

Post subject: Re: Dwarven B.E.A.S.T. Steam Tank
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:37 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Hahaha NICE! this is great! I love dwarven steam devices. I someday... in the distant future would love to build a dwarven steamship like out of Man'O War like one of these bad boys!

Attachments:
DwarfIronclad.jpg
DwarfIronclad.jpg [ 182.06 KiB | Viewed 2357 times ]
pic71069_md.jpg
pic71069_md.jpg [ 103.23 KiB | Viewed 2357 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:35 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

That is an awesome steampunky build... My only gripe with it is that the Dwarf operator/driver's compartment is a WEE bit exposed to enemy fire... Now if it is, in fact, supposed to be used more along the lines of Self-propelled/mobile artillery, rather than an actual tank, then you can disregard my comment. ;)

I'm actually planning on building a heavy steam tank for the Federal Republic of America's (my custom faction) SOCOM "Federal Knights" division for patrolling the post-apocalyptic wasteland of what was the American midwest... The reason it runs on steam is that bio-diesel and bio-gas are kind of hard to come by in the wastes, but a boiler can use anything burnable (buffalo chips, dragon droppings, wood, coal, camel droppings, etc) as fuel...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:47 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Very cool! I love the build, worthy of the Dwarves!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:30 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Very Nice!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:04 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Dirk_Nagel wrote:
Hahaha NICE! this is great! I love dwarven steam devices. I someday... in the distant future would love to build a dwarven steamship like out of Man'O War like one of these bad boys!

I double dog dare you to make one of those! Now you have to!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:13 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
That is an awesome steampunky build... My only gripe with it is that the Dwarf operator/driver's compartment is a WEE bit exposed to enemy fire... Now if it is, in fact, supposed to be used more along the lines of Self-propelled/mobile artillery, rather than an actual tank, then you can disregard my comment. ;)

Yeah, I suppose it falls more into the mobile artillery club, but that's the great thing about fantasy creations - it can be whatever :D

Hikaro Takayama wrote:
I'm actually planning on building a heavy steam tank for the Federal Republic of America's (my custom faction) SOCOM "Federal Knights" division for patrolling the post-apocalyptic wasteland of what was the American midwest... The reason it runs on steam is that bio-diesel and bio-gas are kind of hard to come by in the wastes, but a boiler can use anything burnable (buffalo chips, dragon droppings, wood, coal, camel droppings, etc) as fuel...

Beautiful! Great story idea. I'm an apoc nut and I love the idea of having to turn to past tech...which is why I dig the steampunk stuff.

Have you read any of the "Dies the fire" books? Not great books, but the premise of the books is that all modern technology stops working including gun powder, batteries, combustable engines.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Alright Ock... I accept your challenge! It might take a little bit of time... but soon... VERY SOON I will meet this challenge head on!

EDIT: (03-20-11) I was SO motivated to build a large dwarven steamship that I was up until 6 am this morning building it.... and so far I am pretty pleased with how its turning out. I will be 80-90% done tonight if not completely done. I'll post it soon... and then I think I might have to challenge you (Ock) to build something :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:35 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

Dirk_Nagel wrote:
Alright Ock... I accept your challenge! It might take a little bit of time... but soon... VERY SOON I will meet this challenge head on!

EDIT: (03-20-11) I was SO motivated to build a large dwarven steamship that I was up until 6 am this morning building it.... and so far I am pretty pleased with how its turning out. I will be 80-90% done tonight if not completely done. I'll post it soon... and then I think I might have to challenge you (Ock) to build something :D

Whoa I can't wait to see it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:46 pm 
Firebrand
Firebrand

Hey, that's really cool (even if there aren't any BF items on it :9). I was actually thinking about a vehicle like this the other day.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next