Change font size
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where do you guys get your TLC parts?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Asterios wrote:
yeah, but one of the main reasons of that is because if someone sold clones crud there they would be ostracized in the forums,

It is done all the time on Bricklink. Minifig.Cat is a prime example. Baron Sat also sells Sluban.

-Omi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:38 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:
yeah, but one of the main reasons of that is because if someone sold clones crud there they would be ostracized in the forums,

It is done all the time on Bricklink. Minifig.Cat is a prime example. Baron Sat also sells Sluban.

-Omi

yes and they have been ostracised but they have managed to bypass Admin's law thru lies and deception, in fact I've also been on the new admin about them and a few others, since I believe they can cause others to do same then BrickLink will no longer be LEGO only but anything, and at that time I will no longer be buying there either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:44 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Asterios wrote:
Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:

-Omi

yes and they have been ostracised but they have managed to bypass Admin's law thru lies and deception, in fact I've also been on the new admin about them and a few others, since I believe they can cause others to do same then BrickLink will no longer be LEGO only but anything, and at that time I will no longer be buying there either.

And what is so wrong with selling that stuff? Technically selling custom items isn't allowed either cuz it isn't Lego. And thanks for letting me know that you bug the admins to get rid of people like that.

And last I checked, it is called Bricklink, not Legolink.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:

And what is so wrong with selling that stuff? Technically selling custom items isn't allowed either cuz it isn't Lego. And thanks for letting me know that you bug the admins to get rid of people like that.

then by your own statement you see nothing wrong with people selling MegaBlock and or Tyco products and so on, and yet your own words goes against the BrickLink ToS too:

LEGO Products Only - All items listed for sale on this site must be the LEGO product or have something to do with it. Other brand products such as MegaBloks are not allowed on this site. For custom items without original LEGO content, the item's primary purpose must be to be used with LEGO or to supplement a Lego collection.
Selling a LEGO-related service is not a valid item to be listed for sale in a store but it can be advertised in the seller's splash page, about me page, forum posting, etc. Selling consulting about LEGO products is considered a service. Selling LEGO-related information on a CD or custom instructions in a PDF file are considered products.

http://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=103

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:59 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Asterios wrote:
Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:

then by your own statement you see nothing wrong with people selling MegaBlock and or Tyco products and so on, and yet your own words goes against the BrickLink ToS too:

LEGO Products Only - All items listed for sale on this site must be the LEGO product or have something to do with it. Other brand products such as MegaBloks are not allowed on this site. For custom items without original LEGO content, the item's primary purpose must be to be used with LEGO or to supplement a Lego collection.
Selling a LEGO-related service is not a valid item to be listed for sale in a store but it can be advertised in the seller's splash page, about me page, forum posting, etc. Selling consulting about LEGO products is considered a service. Selling LEGO-related information on a CD or custom instructions in a PDF file are considered products.

Then you cannot sell your custom figs, since the decals are not Lego. Customizors cannot sell their stuff on BL, because it isn't Lego. Resellers are not allowed to sell custom items, because it isn't Lego. Those who modify Lego parts and sell it cannot sell it because it isn't Lego. You can argue all you want with the policy, but irregardless they aren't Lego.

And to be quite honest, if other people saw these posts of your, they will surely be pissed at you.

And seriously, there is nothing wrong with Mega Bloks. Learn to be open minded.

-Omi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:03 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:

Then you cannot sell your custom figs, since the decals are not Lego. Customizors cannot sell their stuff on BL, because it isn't Lego. Resellers are not allowed to sell custom items, because it isn't Lego. Those who modify Lego parts and sell it cannot sell it because it isn't Lego.

And to be quite honest, if other people saw these posts of your, they will surely be pissed at you.

-Omi

reread that ToS it does allow custom items and I have nothing wrong with custom items unless their clones of other customizers, in fact I've showed Armothe sellers who were selling copies of BrickForge products which he got admin to shut down, my problem is with those that violate LEGO s fairplay policy and those items made by competeing companies like sluban, sidan, megablocks, tyco and so on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:09 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Asterios wrote:
Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:

Then you cannot sell your custom figs, since the decals are not Lego. Customizors cannot sell their stuff on BL, because it isn't Lego. Resellers are not allowed to sell custom items, because it isn't Lego. Those who modify Lego parts and sell it cannot sell it because it isn't Lego.

-Omi

reread that ToS it does allow custom items and I have nothing wrong with custom items unless their clones of other customizers, in fact I've showed Armothe sellers who were selling copies of BrickForge products which he got admin to shut down, my problem is with those that violate LEGO s fairplay policy and those items made by competeing companies like sluban, sidan, megablocks, tyco and so on.

You aren't seeing the fine line here.

But if you put it that way, maybe you should take a look at BaronSat and Minifig.Cat's store. You would notice they are selling the items for the intent of being used with Lego, just as the policy states. Because clone brands can supplement Lego. And if they aren't allowed, then custom items can't either. It is a matter of semantics.

I don't care if you respond to this, I'm not coming back to look at it. I'm done arguing with you.

-Omi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:12 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:

But if you put it that way, maybe you should take a look at BaronSat and Minifig.Cat's store. You would notice they are selling the items for the intent of being used with Lego, just as the policy states. Because clone brands can supplement Lego. And if they aren't allowed, then custom items can't either. It is a matter of semantics.

-Omi

The line I do see but apperantly you do not, lets look at MegaBlocks they make lots of unique weapons and shields which can be used with LEGO do you advocate that they be allowed to be sold there too ? or shall we talk about the unique pieces that megablocks and tyco and so on make, shall they be allowed to be sold there? or how about the guy who was making clones of BrickForge items, they were custom items made for LEGO minifigs should he be allowed to sell them too? tell me how fine is your line? sounds pretty blurry to me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:16 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Asterios wrote:
Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:

-Omi

The line I do see but apperantly you do not, lets look at MegaBlocks they make lots of unique weapons and shields which can be used with LEGO do you advocate that they be allowed to be sold there too ? or shall we talk about the unique pieces that megablocks and tyco and so on make, shall they be allowed to be sold there? or how about the guy who was making clones of BrickForge items, they were custom items made for LEGO minifigs should he be allowed to sell them too? tell me how fine is your line? sounds pretty blurry to me.

Yes, Yes, and No.

MegaBloks is a legit company that makes legit pieces and is not a knockoff brand that sells legally.

-Omi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Omicron wrote:
Asterios wrote:

Yes, Yes, and No.

MegaBloks is a legit company that makes legit pieces and is not a knockoff brand that sells legally.

-Omi

problem is on the above examples BrickLinks rules are no, no and yes, the seller who was selling BrickForged clone items is allowed to cause they are custom items made for LEGO, while the BL rules specifically state items made by companies like Megablocks and such are forbidden.

so tell me what rules are you looking at?

also on BL's front page it states:

BrickLink.com is a venue for individuals and businesses from all around the world to buy and sell new, used and vintage LEGO® through fixed price services. The site was created by Daniel Jezek who passed away in 2010, but his family continues to operate the site.

nowhere does it say its a site for selling megablocks or tyco or sidan or sluban or so on.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next