Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hockey Sticks?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Jedi Hooyah wrote:
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm a big hockey fan aswell. I was also frustrated with Lego after they released the NBA sets with collectible figures of the real NBA players, but no real NHL player minifigs. They mainly focused on the Bionicle-type figures and left the minifigs in the ditch. I've recently been working on NHL team uniforms with minifig part, so far I have the Blackhawks and the Rangers, but I have to actually hockey stick pieces. I'm guessing since Minifigures Series 3 will include a Hockey Player it will also include a stick, but it would cost a fortune to supply one minifig team with those, let alone a league.

1st when did Lego make NBA player minifigs.
2nd Minifigures Series 3 didn't have a hockey player http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Bios/Default.aspx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:09 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Quote:
1st when did Lego make NBA player minifigs.
2nd Minifigures Series 3 didn't have a hockey player http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Bios/Default.aspx

2003 for the NBA minifigs. While I'm not a fan of basketball period, I did find the concept surprisingly fun.

Series 4 is going to have a hockey player, and a very poor representation of one. You can see him pretending to be a hockey player in the picture below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:59 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

[

2003 for the NBA minifigs. While I'm not a fan of basketball period, I did find the concept surprisingly fun.

Thanks I didn't buy any sets or figures from 2003.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:06 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

CAPT. BRICKTON wrote:
Quickblade wrote:
I don't want to get off topic or make anyone feel like bad because I don't like their team, so all I'll say is I'm a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan and the Tampa Bay Lightning ane my 2nd favorite. I think if BF make hockey sticks, they would look considerably better than the HP brooms I use, or the ones I have seen pics of for the minifig 4 series. Rarely do you see a white stick, and if I remember right, they have a grip on theirs that is similar to the baseball bat they did. It just doesn't look right. Don't get me started on the helmet and mask.

Aw...scratch my back with a hacksaw!!!
LET'S GO PENS!!!!! :D

I agree I'm a baseball fan so get what you are saying about the hockey stick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 pm 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

Is series 4 out yet? That hockey stick doesn't look too bad. And, is that a sailor in the back? I need a few of them for my WWII crew!!!

Cap

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

CAPT. BRICKTON wrote:
Is series 4 out yet? That hockey stick doesn't look too bad. And, is that a sailor in the back? I need a few of them for my WWII crew!!!

Cap

No Series 3 just came out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

fudge wrote:
CAPT. BRICKTON wrote:

Cap

No Series 3 just came out.

OK, good! Hearing about the sneak peek of Series 5, I thought I had missed Series 4 somewhere. There are a few figs in Series 4 I'd like to obtain! :D B)

Cap

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Series 4 is going to have a hockey player, and a very poor representation of one. You can see him pretending to be a hockey player in the picture below.
Good grief, that is bad.
Like I've said before, the advantage of hockey sticks is that they have . . . other uses. 8o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:16 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Legosteven wrote:
Good grief, that is bad.
Like I've said before, the advantage of hockey sticks is that they have . . . other uses. 8o

like X? what |U :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Series 4 is scheduled to come out in April sometime... (I believe) I think the Hockey player has somethings to offer... like the skates of course and the... eh Ok not so much but its better then nothing. The series has a lot to offer though! many great minifigs! :|~

Fudge... couldn't you imagine a hockey stick making a great weapon against a horde of brain starved zombies... (that's all I can think of though :\ )

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next