Change font size
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:15 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 6 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Nickname Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
While interesting, this discussion could be moved to the MT. Feel free to update your profiles and direct people there. Topic locked.

Post subject: Re: Nickname Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:42 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

So you want to know why Shmails is called Shmails huh? It is not an easy explanation, but here goes.....

When I was in my second year of college (many years ago) I live with my three best friends. One of the things we enjoyed doing together was verbal sparring with each other. These sessions usually ended with a few of us walking away with new nicknames. One night, we were making fun of my roommates' lack of hygiene, and started to call him "smells" which quickly evolved to Judge Smails from Caddyshack. When we realized that this was really upsetting him, we changed gears and altered the name to Shmails. Think it is a weird story yet, it gets odder......

After that night, the nickname Shmails stuck to my friend, and the name quickly evolved into something akin to the word "smurf" where it was used as a replacement for other words in a sentance like "how are you shmailing?" or "did you shmail that?". The term stuck with us throughout college and into the real world, until we all went our seperate ways.

This was way before the internet became really widespread, so when I started signing into different forums, all the names I wanted were taken, and I did not want a random name/number combo, so I tried shmails. Since it was a made-up word that only four people knew about, it was available on almost every forum i tried, so I have continued to us it to this day.

Thus, Shmails was born, and has become my screenname across the web! :)

Life is short.....customize it!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 6 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6