Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Oreo-Hound Knight-Napoleon Alliance Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:35 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I love your acronym for TEST. Also, what does NWO mean?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
I love your acronym for TEST. Also, what does NWO mean?

What can I say; I like being goofy. :9

New World Order. =U

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 am 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

*scurries away to obscure island in the south Pacific*

I love the Area 51 idea. Actually, I think it's fantastic. Carry on. *waves hand vaguely*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:21 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oreo wrote:
*scurries away to obscure island in the south Pacific*

I love the Area 51 idea. Actually, I think it's fantastic. Carry on. *waves hand vaguely*

Great, Oreo! :D I made a video trailer for the story; I'll upload it later today.

Now, we need to make final adjustments and come up with names, chatacter figs, and biographies. Are you still Jack Ticks, Oreo? How 'bout you, HK? Have you thought of a name or back-story? And when should we start allowing people to create their own characters? What are the rules for creating them? How should we best introduce new characters? What year should the tale be set in? (I'm thinkin' '93) Should we give it an ending that leaves things open for a sequel? How long should the story be? Questions, qustions...

The big question: Should aliens be in the story or not?

*Yoda voice* "Sense, I do, that this story, more popular will it be than High Seas Chronicles...hmmm." :9

Oh, and just so it's clear, I don't actually believe all that conspiracy stuff; this is fiction, after all. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:22 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:

Only if they're not the frail wimpy aliens of Rockwell style.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:23 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Only if they're not the frail wimpy aliens of Rockwell style.

Agreed! Those get old fast. Still, while I'd want a stronger, bigger alien, I don't know if they should really make it into the story. Maybe the "conspiracy" could be that the UFO's are actually government weapons of mass destruction... I kinda hint at that in the preview. Still, I made the preview neutral enough so that one of the revelations in the story is that aliens DO exist. Oh, well, we'll see what Oreo and HK think. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:50 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Well, this might be too science-geeky for you guys, but how about a "shadow biome" instead of aliens? Shadow biomes are theoretical bastions of life on Earth that are a part of a different tree of life than the rest of us, but are still integrated into our environment. One popular example is an organism that uses argon, a poison to life forms we know, instead of phosphorus. This means that the creature would be developed in an argon rich area, so it would use this instead of phosphorus. However, these creatures in your story would be made almost from scratch by government scientists in laboratories. These creatures evolved, and the government has researched them. A few attempts at escape by these creatures have occurred on the top secret air (or space) craft, which would account for the UFO sightings. How does this sound for you guys? :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
Well, this might be too science-geeky for you guys, but how about a "shadow biome" instead of aliens? Shadow biomes are theoretical bastions of life on Earth that are a part of a different tree of life than the rest of us, but are still integrated into our environment. One popular example is an organism that uses argon, a poison to life forms we know, instead of phosphorus. This means that the creature would be developed in an argon rich area, so it would use this instead of phosphorus. However, these creatures in your story would be made almost from scratch by government scientists in laboratories. These creatures evolved, and the government has researched them. A few attempts at escape by these creatures have occurred on the top secret air (or space) craft, which would account for the UFO sightings. How does this sound for you guys? :)

Woah, that sounds really fancy! I don't know though... I've never heard anything about them, and Wikipedia doesn't have a page for them. Did you invent this or is it actually a theory? 'Cause if you invented this, it's a pretty neat idea.

I was kind of thinking that it is actually the government flying Top Secret spacecraft going on various missions. But both aliens and shadow biomes arouse my curiosity. We shall see what the others think.

Oh, good news, guys! I remembered today that I posted THSC on CastleWorld.com, the only place with a full version of the story that was not deleted. Anytime we want, we can go back to it. It makes me really happy that we didn't lose all that work. However, I really do think this adventure story will be more popular.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:12 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Na, I didn't invent this, it was invented by the author of a book called The Eerie Silence, a great read for those of you interested in SETI. I am glad that you like the idea. I also agree with you on the fact that this would be much more interesting than THSC.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Baylego wrote:
Na, I didn't invent this, it was invented by the author of a book called The Eerie Silence, a great read for those of you interested in SETI. I am glad that you like the idea. I also agree with you on the fact that this would be much more interesting than THSC.

SETI?

Well, after thinking about it, I think aliens would be slightly better and easier to write about. Not that shadow biomes aren't very interesting and awesome, but it might be over the heads of some people, namely mine. :9 But, if HK and Oreo vote for shadow biomes, I'm good. :)

Plus, I gotta ask Oreo this because he's the leader of Brickstory.com, what should we call the story? I labeled it as Area 51 in my preview, but that's kinda bland. If this might be a series, should it have a series name? I need to know that before I make a web page for the preview. EDIT: Never mind; finally signed up for Youtube.

EDIT: Well, now I DO need to know the title. I don't have e-mail and never intend to, but YT wanted me to sign up for Google Mail. :\ It's evidently impossible to sign up without joining Google.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next