It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Western War
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:03 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Great story, Napo!

I love maps, and as such, enjoy drawing them and looking at them. So, thanks for such a beautiful map to look at ;)

However, i noticed this on it:
Denmark is turquoise, and the rest of Scandinavia is blue?
And i also spot a (well, very small) turquoise/green spot on England's western coast?

A_V

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:28 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

AlbaVik wrote:
Great story, Napo!

I love maps, and as such, enjoy drawing them and looking at them. So, thanks for such a beautiful map to look at ;)

However, i noticed this on it:
Denmark is turquoise, and the rest of Scandinavia is blue?
And i also spot a (well, very small) turquoise/green spot on England's western coast?

A_V

Well, thank you!

I spotted my Denmark mistake already. :\ I keep meaning to correct that and West Virginia, since WV is part of Virginia in the story. I'll take a look at that green spot! Thanks for telling me!

EDIT: Oh! Are you talking about Ireland?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

No, i know where Ireland is, and it's not it.
As i said before, it's very small, placed about 3 mm. above the absolute south-western point of England. And it's probably more turquoise than green.

A_V

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:46 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

AlbaVik wrote:
No, i know where Ireland is, and it's not it.
As i said before, it's very small, placed about 3 mm. above the absolute south-western point of England. And it's probably more turquoise than green.

A_V

Ah, I see it now! ;D Well, I gotta edit the map anyway, so I'll change it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:33 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

http://www.flickr.com/groups/naposcivil ... tehistory/

;D I just started a new group on Flickr. I'm gonna invite Baylego to join right here, since he checks this thread so much.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:26 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Thanks! You know me too well X) . Can't wait to see some more chapters (after you move, of course) !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:32 pm 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

I really like your uniform renderings, Napoleon! I like uniforms and have a LOT of great uniform books (Osprey being the most). Tho I purchase mostly Civil War and WWII uniform books, I am a fan of the color and design of uniforms. Yours are very colorful and creative! Keep up your talented work!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:14 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

CAPT. BRICKTON wrote:
I really like your uniform renderings, Napoleon! I like uniforms and have a LOT of great uniform books (Osprey being the most). Tho I purchase mostly Civil War and WWII uniform books, I am a fan of the color and design of uniforms. Yours are very colorful and creative! Keep up your talented work!

Well, thank ya kindly, Cap'n! Yeah, old school uniforms are awesome, aren't they? My faves are Napoleonic and Civil War uniforms, with their great variety and the pride with which they were worn. Modern uniforms, after 1945, all start to look the same, with the exception of Russia and Israel. Russia's uniforms are highly decorative and remind me of the old styles before 1945, especially the fur hats, and Israel's helmets are unmistakably Israeli, what with their unique shape. If you'd like to get some uniform templates from where I got these, try Alternatehistory.com; they have tons to work with. GIMP and Paint are what I use to color and edit them, if you don't have Photoshop, like I don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:09 pm 
Anvil Polisher
Anvil Polisher

Thanks for the link, Napoleon! I'd like to give these a try. I used to have bus templates and would try different paint schemes on them. I also have to use paint, since my computer is somewhat of a dinosaur! (My goal is to get a new computer sometime this year). I also agree about the pride issue when it came to uniforms...things were a LOT different way back when than they are now, that's for sure!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:24 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I'm not gonna accept characters for this story, but the sequel will be coming soon, so if you would like a character to appear in that story, you'll be able to create one. Gryphron on Flickr gave me the idea. It'll take place in the 1950's. More details forthcoming...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next