Change font size
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 24   [ 234 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flickr - BrickForge Group Pool Contest
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:26 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Last edited by Asterios on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:48 am 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Yanno Asterios, for someone who usually gets rare freebies in his orders that others don't, you sure do want a lot.

-Omi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:53 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Asterios wrote:
its one thing if its judged SW but this felt like he just drew a number out of a hat instead, and that is what takes away from the fun of a contest since its no longer a contest of skill but of luck, and that detracts from what "I" thought was the spirit of this contest, cause I have been working on things I was going to enter, but why bother if its a contest of luck and not skill ? I could just submit thousands of figs every week all differant from each other and from the previous weeks, but that has no honor or respect in it for me and what I can do.

If what I thought the spirit of the contest was, then I'm sorry and congrats to the winner for being lucky, but after seeing the previous weeks winner pics, then seeing this weeks it was a serious let down.

seriously go look at the past winner pics and then look at this one, and how does it make you feel?

And you are calling into question the morals of the judges because...you just don't like what won? The fact is that you're not a judge, and you won't always agree with what other people choose. Again I need to stress the importance of understanding and accepting this for not only online interactions but for the real world as well. Not only understanding that other people have different opinions, and may see the value in something that you do not, but understanding that in matters of opinion no one is wrong, and to make accusations of the judging because it disagrees with what YOU thought should win, just makes you look really, really bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:42 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Last edited by Asterios on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:01 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
I'd suggest the new BrickForge shovel to dig you out of the huge hole you have dug for yourself. ;) Let me remind you that there are 52 chances a year to win. The contest has many aspects besides "skill" that are a factor. Like I said, I'm not revealing why I chose the winner I chose this week, but it was far from favoritism. As far as how old it is, Omi is right. It matters as to when it was uploaded to the pool. I do not spend endless hours scanning Flickr to see what is out there. I even saw some puke ask in another person's entry if anything with BA had ever won yet after the first week had passed. Seriously?!? If it isn't BF, I really don't know who's items they may be. It has to have at least 1 BF item in it. You are not the judge, but lets look at your choices...... Yes there are some excellent ones in there. One of those is by Shmails. I can imagine if I would have chose his entry that "favoritism" would have been in all caps in your post. I don't mind people speaking their mind. Doing it in a tone like that however makes it fortunate that you live almost the entire country away. As for the others that felt it was a slap in the face, bring it on!

note: no hats were used in the selection of the winner nor were any animals harmed in the process

Post subject: Re: Flickr - BrickForge Group Pool Weekly Drawing
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:27 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Asterios, perhaps the judges felt that the winner could make the best use of the prize. Perhaps the winning entry wasn't the best representation of his work, but it showed the use of BF items the best. After all, I could also imagine people complaining if an entry that made very little use of BF were to win.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Asterios wrote:
I called into Question the Judging since I found it insulting to me and others for its lack of judgement and poor quality, we the members here were insulted first by the choice made.

So far you're the only one whining, so I think you should change that from "we the members" to "just me".

Quote:
Its not the person who made the item

Good :)

Quote:
and its not because I didn't like what won, if it was at least decent I would have no problem may not like it but can live with it

=O You realize that's a direct contradiction right? "It's not that I didn't like it, it just wasn't decent to me". Like I said before, how you feel about the items doesn't matter, because you're not a judge. And the way you're throwing a tantrum over this makes it clear why you shouldn't be. And I'm afraid you'll just have to "live with it" regardless.

Quote:
its the fact that the item that did win was below par compared to previous winners, and sorry to say i'm not the only one who feels this way either

Again, this is all in your opinon. As for others...funny that nobody has said anything. I wonder if the "others" were people who had entered? If not I think you all need to find better ways of spending your time than pretending to be judges in contests you have nothing to do with, and whining like little children because someone else didn't feel the way you did. I've tried to be nice until now, Asterios, but you have to realize at this point I feel like I'm dealing with a child. As you are apparently an adult, this is very unsettling. You need to learn when to stop, as it's why you've had these problems again and again. What you FEEL about an entry doesn't matter, as the actual judges felt differently. It's clear that you didn't have problems before, so you'll just need to learn that not everyone feels the same way about everything all of the time. And since favoritism isn't the issue, I just have to wonder if you're trying to insult the taste of the judges.

Quote:
its a matter of pride and respect and the judged showed neither in regards to his decision, some people put their heart and soul into minifigs they create and this choice was a slap in the face to them.

So they should have picked everyone? I'm sorry, but this isn't "no customizer left behind", and while there were many fantastic and qualified entries that could have won and been proud of it, it just wasn't the way it worked out this time. If anyone else has a problem with not winning, again, they need to consider it a life lesson in being understanding and tolerant that they can't always win, and that not everyone will think the same way as them, or you.

Quote:
no matter how its sliced, the only way this figure could have won was if its number was drawn out of hat or favoritism, your choice, here is some figs that showed better quality then the one picked:

No, that isn't the only way, and frankly I'm sorry you don't understand this. If I see even one more insulting post of yours I'm going to have to lay down some sort of punishment, do you understand? This isn't fair to the winner of the contest, and frankly this isn't the place for whining. In fact, we don't have a place for whining. If you really need an outlet buy a diary.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:35 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Quickblade wrote:
I'd suggest the new BrickForge shovel to dig you out of the huge hole you have dug for yourself. ;) Let me remind you that there are 52 chances a year to win. The contest has many aspects besides "skill" that are a factor. Like I said, I'm not revealing why I chose the winner I chose this week, but it was far from favoritism. As far as how old it is, Omi is right. It matters as to when it was uploaded to the pool. I do not spend endless hours scanning Flickr to see what is out there. I even saw some puke ask in another person's entry if anything with BA had ever won yet after the first week had passed. Seriously?!? If it isn't BF, I really don't know who's items they may be. It has to have at least 1 BF item in it. You are not the judge, but lets look at your choices...... Yes there are some excellent ones in there. One of those is by Shmails. I can imagine if I would have chose his entry that "favoritism" would have been in all caps in your post. I don't mind people speaking their mind. Doing it in a tone like that however makes it fortunate that you live almost the entire country away. As for the others that felt it was a slap in the face, bring it on!

note: no hats were used in the selection of the winner nor were any animals harmed in the process

actually if Shmails was picked I wouldn't be complaining since his Canadian looks cool, but now that I know the drawing is done random I shall abstain from it.

Starwars4J wrote:
As for others...funny that nobody has said anything.

and therein lies the story, where are the non-Admin congrats to the winner? rather silent, and unlike me they remain quiet, but like I said it has already been explained to me from on high it is not a contest but a random drawing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:26 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Asterios wrote:
and therein lies the story, where are the non-Admin congrats to the winner? rather silent, and unlike me they remain quiet,

Perhaps it is because it is Christmas weekend and the fact the winner was announced yesterday ON CHRISTMAS? Members are most likely spending time with their family and have not yet had a chance to come online.

And I'm sorry to say this, but this subject is becoming remarkably stupid. QB why am I never picked!?!?!?!?!?! X? X0 |U

-Omi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:31 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Omicron wrote:
QB why am I never picked!?!?!?!?!?! X? X0 |U

-Omi

Oooh what did you have? you usually have some good minifigs.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 24   [ 234 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next