Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Increasing traffic to the BF forums
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:44 pm 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

One idea that might work is a regularly updated Brickforge feed.

Brickforge has a feed right now, but it doesn't get updated very often. I subscribe to several Lego feeds. Most of them get updated daily, some of them even more than once a day. This brings a lot of life to the sites!

This is a very easy way to get fans updated with news, forum activities, specials, etc. It is also easy for fans, as they can just check their feeds and decide from there if they want to join the action.

In the mornings I just check my list of feeds, and check all of those that have an update. From there I see which news item I want to hear more about and what discussion I want to join. It is a very dynamic way to keep fans updated without them having to go from website to website and having to browse forums or blogs for the latest news. It is so much faster!

For Brickforge this would be really easy to do. There is so much to update on!
New products, pictures of how fans use Brickforge products, and highlights from forum discussion. Each news item just needs a line of what it is about with a link to the forum post, or picture, or whatever.

FBTB, The Brickshow, The Brothers Brick, The Ugly Ducklink, and Toys N Bricks all have excellent feeds. And as I said; Bricforge has one too, but it is not being utilized to its full potential.

Just a thought... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:56 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

I usually update Twitter when there is something relevant. Other than that I know we have a feed but I'm not sure how it quite works - or perhaps I thought it already did.

Advertising on other sites is really not my style. When we have something of interest, the Firebrands post to various forums and it's up to the custodians of those forums to green light something front-page-worthy.

Most of our customers are, guess what - non-customizers. So you won't see them posting here. The majority of people who buy from us are simple fans of the brick and/or minifigs. Besides, I'd rather have a handful of intelligent and skillful customizers, rather than a large amount of members who log on to say 'that's cool'.

Yeah, I'd like to do more Forum Exclusives but the existing method just wasn't cutting it. However, we are working towards bringing this feature back - much improved and more frequent.

-A

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:01 pm 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Armothe, your feed does work, it is just not updated very often.

You can actually subscribe to your own feed and see how it looks. X)

Basically whatever you post on the brickforge.com page in the main body (in the middle) shows up on your feed. So, the last update is from November 26th, about the new arched pauldrons, the riot shield, etc. (BTW, I LOVE the new arched pauldrons! They are truly gorgeous!)

However I missed the chrome sale because that was only updated in twitter. :~(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:26 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Ah! Yes, well we haven't had much news the past month, actually. Mainly because of the Holidays.

-A

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2