It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:14 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 24 of 26   [ 251 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:27 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Welcome k.anderson3454 & CptMugwash,

Great to have you guys join us! There's a here be sure to take your time and glean from all the great folks here, and then share what you create too ;)

CptMugwash: Halo is one of my favs ... I love the BF Space Marines, I'm sure you will too halo

This is a great forum and super people, enjoy halo
mC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:37 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Thanks for the welcome minifigCharmed,
I've seen the halo stuff on bf and it does look really cool, I might have to get a few just because they're awesome :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:32 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

CptMugwash wrote:
Thanks for the welcome minifigCharmed,
I've seen the halo stuff on bf and it does look really cool, I might have to get a few just because they're awesome :D

That they are ... and that's how I got hooked on them, once I actually held them in my hands. They are amazing!

;D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:05 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Grettings!

My online name is Hikaro Takayama, as it is on just about every other forum I belong to, and in addition to LEGO products, I'm interested in electronics (will be graduating with an AS in Electronic Engineering Technology a few days from now, as a matter of fact), computers, old telephones and other stuff related to the Steampunk lifestyle.

I like to dabble in computer games, particularly strategy.... My favorites are Civilization III, Age of Empires III and Age of Empires II, and not to toot my own horn, but one of the random map scripts I created for Age of Empires II a couple years back is one of the top-10 most downloaded random map scripts at Age of Kings Heaven (AoK modding site).

As for LEGO stuff, I mostly like Castle, Pirates and Adventurers theme items, and I've managed to combine all three of them in my own post-apocalyptic steam/dieselpunk setting with a good dose of fantasy thrown in (and references to everything from LoTR, Star Wars and Honor Harrington to Warhammer 40K, Harry Turtledove's Timeline 191 series and Half-Life)...

Anyways, what brought me to BrickForge was some of the accessories that I've seen in other MOC's posted in other places, particularly the Ammo pouches and the Backpacks... I happen to mostly use the LEGO army backpacks (that debuted with the Pirate theme back in 1989), but certain helmets (such as the Lego Pith helmets and the BA Stahlhelm) and oddball minifigure heads (like some of the recent Alien heads from the Space Police lineup) just didn't work with the standard backpack, which is why I was delighted to discover that BF made backpacks that didn't have an inconvenient bedroll/sleeping blanket to get in the way of said helmet and oddball minifigure heads. In addition, I decided to give the BF backpacks to certain "heavy" troops (namely those armed with BA bazookas), since those convenient clips let me attack extra ammo or backup weapons (such as a Sub-machine gun)

Also, the Ammo pouches are one of the more ingenious ideas I've come across: How many people would have thought to make accessories that attached at the minifig's waist like that? Needless to say, they're handy for fleshing out/individualizing various minifigs... Needless to say, I'm rather impressed with what I've gotten thus far from BrickForge, and look forward to posting some of my MOC's here in the near future.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:03 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Welcome to BF, Hikaro. You'll find you have a lot in common with many of the members here. If you're impressed with the ammo pouches, wait til you see what 2011 will bring for BF.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:43 am 
Tong Novice
Tong Novice

OOOHhhh...new Stuff?

BTW, Hikaru, Great to see a new face around!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:24 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hey man, welcome to the forums!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:53 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Thanks guys!

Quickblade wrote:
Welcome to BF, Hikaro. You'll find you have a lot in common with many of the members here. If you're impressed with the ammo pouches, wait til you see what 2011 will bring for BF.

Thanks... I kind of figured that, what with the various LoTR-inspired items for sale (Thinking about picking up some of them dwarf beards when I get some more stubby legs from PAB). ;) BTW, you're not too far from where my brother lives (He lives on the West side of Pittsburgh).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:15 pm 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Hi everyone I'm fives and khopesh97 is my brother and I like pretty much all the stuff he does.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:33 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hi, fives! (I just had to use that line :9 ) Glad to have you aboard!

@Hikaro: You like Harry Turtledove? Me, too!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 24 of 26   [ 251 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next