It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:09 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Feedback - Instruments Review
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:49 am 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Cygnet wrote:
It really makes a difference in driving traffic to the review...and hopefully to BrickForge.

Hey its what I do. ;)
Quote:
I listened to LAML podcast this morning and they played a clip of Steve Witt saying, 'no more Harry Potter' several months ago...yet here they are. Yes, he may have been keeping his cards close to his vest, but why say anything at all then?

I talked to Steve a lot when I hang with him at cons, and that was one of those things but he was specific about it with me. Basically the movies were getting too dark and thats why there was no more Harry Potter sets after the Order of the Phoenix sets. Plus the fact of the huge gap between the later movies. Sets like these gotta be at that continous rate of awesomeness, and when you get to that point of remaking the castle and Hagrids hut for the umpteenth time, then something is wrong. Yeah they had plenty of stuff to work from but they obviously didn't see it or just could not do it (Quidditch field anyone?). Of course that is just me. Of course I do like the new sets, despite the fact that all of them are revamps save for the Burrow, but they mix all the years together (like the Hogwarts train).

-Omi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:19 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

The review is now up on Eurobricks under the minifig customization forum (@Omi - Is this the 'best' place to post these reviews on Eurobricks? I see Badger posts BA stuff up there too, so it seemed like the right fit. If there's a better place, let me know.)

I'm experimenting with the poll function. I think a lot of what gets said in the comments are by a select few and may or may not reflect the views of all who read the review. We'll see how it goes...

Thanks to everybody for your help with all of the reviews. I'll be going dark for a couple weeks while on vacation. I still have some BF items I would like to do reviews for, but will likely switch off to another set of products once I get back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:38 am 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

Yeah that is the right forum for Custom Minifigs/Part reviews.

-Omi

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2