It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who would you pick as the actor to play the captain of the Marauder
1) Sean Bean - Boromir from LOTR and various other movies 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
2) Robert Downey Jr - Ironman among other things 44%  44%  [ 8 ]
3) Edward Norton - Incredible Hulk, Fight Club, many other movies 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: BF Community Space story (for now)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:46 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Ok, here's the deal. Whoever wants to participate can, all are welcome. This is all about fun and making decisions, from the mundane to the impactful (new word, hooray for me). I'll change the title when the time comes. In the beginning, I will give a few options to set the stage and have things move forward. We'll see how it unfolds.

Premise: A group of Space privateers set out on some missions and action takes place. Sounds flat? Well, that's because it is. I guess we better get started then :9

First choice is to pick a repair droid. I have narrowed down the selections to 3 choices. Here are your options:

I'll throw in a vote myself after a few have been cast. Poll will be for a few days or until I make a new one.

Post subject: Re: Quickblade's BF Space story (for now)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:37 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Space privateers, sounds cool. :)

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Tough decision. I'm stuck between tan & black and white.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:24 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Well, I see privateers as being rather closley related to pirates, so I'm going to go with the one that looks like scrap an dsay black and tan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:35 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Hmm, I had hoped for at least 10 votes, and got my wish :) I would have been fine with any of the choices, but last year when I first making them, the black n tan was my first choice. Looks like we have a winner. I shall call him ZT-13 , or Zee-Tee-One-Three. The 13 is for how many pieces it takes to make him, and the ZT are the initials of my little miniature dachshund that is also black n tan. I can provide pictures of the robot assembly if anyone wants it.

I need to finish up the ship so that I can take pictures of it and show you all what I'm so excited about (or disappointed with in some cases :P) I don't know how much content I can provide as far as actual story, but I think it'd be fun as a community project to make decisions and have some more ideas. I'm looking at the crew as if this were a movie being made, and thought it'd be cool if we acted as a casting crew and picked actors for parts. The problem is I am waiting on some hair pieces before I start throwing those ideas out yet. In the mean time, there are lots of other ideas we can make decisions on. Gotta name the ship (once pics are up) and also I was thinking of designing a uniform since I don't have enough of one torso, but would be more fun to make our own. Keep in mind I am not familiar with alot of the space fantasy seen. Aside for some old SW knowledge, I have almost 0 knowledge about Halo or any of the other stuff out there, so apologies if I come up with something similar. Feel free to post in here if you haven't already. I'm already thinking up ideas on the main character for who could play him ;9

Post subject: Re: BF Community Space story (for now)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:20 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

It would be cool to have the plans for ZT-one-three posted, so that those who participate can have some "hands on" models at home.

Sounds great QBlade, can't wait to see what the ship is like. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:52 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Here are the parts for him. It's set up as close as I could make it. It really should be very easy to figure out the build.

My next poll will involve a character that is a brute of a humanoid. I'll think of 3 options again and let you all choose. We'll have to define his race, give him a name, and then pick a voice actor since this character would probably not be a guy in a costume. This guy is CGI-ed :9 Here is a hint:

Hmmm...now I need to do research for a logo for this group.....ohh, an idea forms already. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:31 pm 
Firebrand
Firebrand

Quickblade wrote:
My next poll will involve a character that is a brute of a humanoid. I'll think of 3 options again and let you all choose. We'll have to define his race, give him a name, and then pick a voice actor since this character would probably not be a guy in a costume. This guy is CGI-ed :9 Here is a hint:

I suggest Peter Cullen as the voice of such a character (He's the voice of Optimus Prime, and Eeyore :9). I assume you mean a "real" actor, not a forum member?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:44 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Hound Knight wrote:
Quickblade wrote:

I suggest Peter Cullen as the voice of such a character (He's the voice of Optimus Prime, and Eeyore :9). I assume you mean a "real" actor, not a forum member?

That would make an excellent 'voice' if one is referring to sound and such.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:53 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Ok, voting is done for the repair droid. I was thinking of taking names straight out of the Bionicle universe for planet and race names. Give a thumbs up or down if this a good idea. Yea HK, I was referring to an actual actor for the voice. I'll have to give it more thought, but what I should do is make a poll for who should play the lead character. Hmm, I don't want to be hasty, so I'll wait for a few suggestions before putting up a poll. I'm gonna try to stay away from Star Wars and Star Trek actors.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next