Change font size
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:41 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 98   [ 980 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 98  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:52 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: In your basement, under the floor boards... O.O
Hound Knight wrote:
Huckleberry Hound is a good idea, I'll have a go at him sometime. I also want to do Inspector Gadget, Speed Racer and some others.

My favorites are cartoon and manga styles, though I dabble in more realistic, American-style comic art pretty often. Any chance of you posting some of your art, Napoleon?


Yes, HH would be neat, as would co-star Yogi Bear. Inspector Gadget, eh? I used to watch that one too.

Well, how much is a scanner? If it isn't ridiculous, I could probably get one with B-Day greenbacks.

_________________
LEGO Builder, Writer, Video-Gamer, Greaser, History Professor, Swordsman, and Military Collector. I am the Most Interesting Man in the World. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:14 pm 
Firebrand
Firebrand
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 3460
Location: Isn't here just there without the 't'?
Napoleon wrote:
Hound Knight wrote:
Huckleberry Hound is a good idea, I'll have a go at him sometime. I also want to do Inspector Gadget, Speed Racer and some others.

My favorites are cartoon and manga styles, though I dabble in more realistic, American-style comic art pretty often. Any chance of you posting some of your art, Napoleon?


Yes, HH would be neat, as would co-star Yogi Bear. Inspector Gadget, eh? I used to watch that one too.

Well, how much is a scanner? If it isn't ridiculous, I could probably get one with B-Day greenbacks.

I really have no idea how much a scanner is, it's been several years since we got ours.

Yogi's a good idea. :)

_________________
"Life is what you make of it; so beautiful or so what." - Paul Simon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:22 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:31 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: Illinois
Hound Knight wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Hound Knight wrote:
Huckleberry Hound is a good idea, I'll have a go at him sometime. I also want to do Inspector Gadget, Speed Racer and some others.

My favorites are cartoon and manga styles, though I dabble in more realistic, American-style comic art pretty often. Any chance of you posting some of your art, Napoleon?


Yes, HH would be neat, as would co-star Yogi Bear. Inspector Gadget, eh? I used to watch that one too.

Well, how much is a scanner? If it isn't ridiculous, I could probably get one with B-Day greenbacks.

I really have no idea how much a scanner is, it's been several years since we got ours.

Yogi's a good idea. :)

Great work, here, H&K! I would love to see Yogi! He's awesome! X)

_________________
-Ad victoriam


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:37 am 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:26 pm
Posts: 416
Location: the great white north
Napoleon wrote:
Well, how much is a scanner? If it isn't ridiculous, I could probably get one with B-Day greenbacks.


You could probably get one between $100-$200, just don't buy an Epson... We've had to send our back three times to get lame refurbished ones. It's an Epson Photo Rx600 (I think) and was around $200 when we bought it ~4 years ago.

Scanners by themselves (on Amazon) look to be between $60 and $150 for decent ones. I dunno how much the combo printer/scanners are, if you think the printer would be useful you could look into that.

EDIT: We have one of these Brothers, never actually used it for scanning (has to be hooked up to one comp only to scan, and we use it as a network printer), but they're an awesome brand: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-MFC-7340- ... 815&sr=8-1 (The last one we had was 10 years old when we had to get rid of it because toner was too expensive ie we couldn't find it anywhere)

It also sends faxes, copies, and prints in B/W.

_________________
my... flickr - blog
PM me if you have a custom decal request!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:42 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: In your basement, under the floor boards... O.O
hawkxs wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
Well, how much is a scanner? If it isn't ridiculous, I could probably get one with B-Day greenbacks.


You could probably get one between $100-$200, just don't buy an Epson... We've had to send our back three times to get lame refurbished ones. It's an Epson Photo Rx600 (I think) and was around $200 when we bought it ~4 years ago.

Scanners by themselves (on Amazon) look to be between $60 and $150 for decent ones. I dunno how much the combo printer/scanners are, if you think the printer would be useful you could look into that.

EDIT: We have one of these Brothers, never actually used it for scanning (has to be hooked up to one comp only to scan, and we use it as a network printer), but they're an awesome brand: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-MFC-7340- ... 815&sr=8-1 (The last one we had was 10 years old when we had to get rid of it because toner was too expensive ie we couldn't find it anywhere)

It also sends faxes, copies, and prints in B/W.


Thanks for the info. Epson sounds like Acer brand stuff. |U I saw one for $50; is the cheapness a warning? I can't really spend over 70 dollars. One good thing is: I already have a printer. :D I guess they're cheaper without them.

_________________
LEGO Builder, Writer, Video-Gamer, Greaser, History Professor, Swordsman, and Military Collector. I am the Most Interesting Man in the World. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:44 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:26 pm
Posts: 3662
Location: Nebraska
Just google a review for it, Napoleon. IE: "(Brand name here) (Product name) Scanner Review"

_________________
I'll take my 60 Smiles Per Gallon over 60 Miles Per Gallon anyday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:49 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: In your basement, under the floor boards... O.O
Clonebear wrote:
Just google a review for it, Napoleon. IE: "(Brand name here) (Product name) Scanner Review"


Oh, good idea! I'll do that. Thanks. :{)

Oh, well, let's not get off-topic here. I'll ask any other scanner questions in a seperate thread.

_________________
LEGO Builder, Writer, Video-Gamer, Greaser, History Professor, Swordsman, and Military Collector. I am the Most Interesting Man in the World. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:44 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:44 pm
Posts: 644
Location: Just outside Camp Metsik, shooting the heck out of some Indestructibles.
Wow! This stuff is great, especially all the Looney Toons. I'm a Sonic fan though, so those are my favorite :9

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:06 pm 
Firebrand
Firebrand
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:02 pm
Posts: 3460
Location: Isn't here just there without the 't'?
Image

And of course, the obligatory Riddle of Strider that must accompany anything about Aragorn:

"All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crownless again shall be king.”




Also, here's a little Oswald the Lucky Rabbit animation I've been working on:

Image

(Oswald was one of Walt Disney's first characters, an aesthetic forerunner of Mickey Mouse.)

Enjoy! :D

_________________
"Life is what you make of it; so beautiful or so what." - Paul Simon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hound Knight's Non-LEGO Artwork
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:42 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 3620
Location: In your basement, under the floor boards... O.O
Hound Knight wrote:
Image

And of course, the obligatory Riddle of Strider that must accompany anything about Aragorn:

"All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crownless again shall be king.”




Also, here's a little Oswald the Lucky Rabbit animation I've been working on:

Image

(Oswald was one of Walt Disney's first characters, an aesthetic forerunner of Mickey Mouse.)

Enjoy! :D



Aragorn is great, but how did you make Oswald move like that? Photoshop? If so, that's incredible!

_________________
LEGO Builder, Writer, Video-Gamer, Greaser, History Professor, Swordsman, and Military Collector. I am the Most Interesting Man in the World. :p


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 98   [ 980 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 98  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net