Change font size
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Policy: United States Postal Service
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

As BrickForge continues to ship to more and more people in more and more locations I wanted to take the opportunity to explain a few things regarding our shipping services.

BrickForge does not own its own fleet of flying delivery dragons. We specialize in making cool custom minifig accessories - not running a courier franchise. To put BrickForge in the hands of our valued customers we pass 'em off to the white wagons of the United States Postal Service. The United States Postal Service delivers parcels all over the world for a very reasonable rate.

Most villages within the United States have a local office making delivery convenient. The USPS also works with international postal authorities in other countries to provide fairly reliable global delivery service.

In exchange for their services we pay shipping rates based on weight and destination - costs we pass onto the customer during checkout. For domestic orders First Class shipping & handling fees can range from $3.00US - $5.00US. International First Class shipping fees are slightly higher. The USPS also offers an expedited Priority mail service for an additional fee. BrickForge offers both methods to its customers and have historically proven to work with customers when it comes to declaring customs fees.

UPS and FedEX are other parcel delivery services. We do not use these companies because their rates are at least double and their customs declaration process is fairly complicated. Even though these companies guarantee delivery we feel their rates are highly disproportionate to the product we sell to make it worthwhile (who wants to pay $9.00 shipping for a $10.00 order?)

By contrast both First Class and Priority mail options from the USPS do not guarantee delivery. Nor do they guarantee delivery within a certain time period. Be sure to place your order early and if you are in a rush the Priority option is your best chance of receiving your BrickForge items sooner.

Each domestic order is assigned a Delivery Confirmation number; international orders are assigned a Customs Identification Number. Domestic customers may use this number to track the progress of their delivery. International customers may only use this number to determine when their package was shipped out. This is a handy tool but also not guaranteed to always work. Sometimes packages are not scanned and tracking information not updated. Calling USPS customer service may yield additional information. Your local post office will not be able to track your package; only contact them to see if there was an issue delivering to your address.

Once we place your order in the hands of the USPS we have no control as to the delivery of yor parcel. We have shipped over 20,000 packages all over the globe and have only ever had a handful returned to us or never show up at their final destination.

If it has been a few days be sure to locate the tracking number towards the bottom of your order confirmation e-mail. You can plug this in at anytime at USPS.com. International orders will only be able to see that their order was shipped (no additional tracking) and should contact their local customs to see if their package was held up. If you are still in the dark please be sure to e-mail us and let us know. Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do but file your concern in case of escalation and hope your package arrives as soon as possible.

Even though we are not liable for the USPS losing your package we do offer to reship or refund after 21 days (30 days for international orders). This is the minimum time before we are allowed to file an indemnity claim with the USPS. We will not reship or refund any sooner than 21 days and by placing an order with us you automatically agree to such terms and conditions.

99.99999% of all BrickForge orders are received by our customers. This purpose of this information is to provide additional information and instruction in case there are concerns over delivery.

-A

Post subject: Re: United States Postal Service - FAQ
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:31 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Armothe wrote:
BrickForge does not own its own fleet of flying delivery dragons. We specialize in making cool custom minifig accessories - not running a courier franchise. -A

Now I'm very disallusioned I always had dreams of my BF orders winging their way to me upon great winged dragons. :~( :~( :{

Post subject: Re: United States Postal Service - FAQ
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:57 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Asterios wrote:
Armothe wrote:
BrickForge does not own its own fleet of flying delivery dragons. We specialize in making cool custom minifig accessories - not running a courier franchise. -A

Now I'm very disallusioned I always had dreams of my BF orders winging their way to me upon great winged dragons. :~( :~( :{

Dang, beat me to it. I was gonna say something similar.

Glad you posted this Armothe!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]