Change font size
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Policy: Refunds
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:05 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

As clearly stated on our website we do not offer refunds for unwanted merchandise.

As BrickForge continues to grow so does the perception in people's minds that we are a large company. We receive requests from fans for mail-order catalogs, to visit our warehouse and even perform birthday parties. While such a view is beneficial to our image there are certain expectations that remain out-of-reach. One of those is for customers to return BrickForge merchandise - as one customer put it - whenever they feel like it.

WalMart, Toys r Us and LEGO entitle us to make whimsical purchases knowing we can return the merchandise if we have second thoughts, or our paycheck wasn't as large as we though it would be. Large companies with tens-of-thousands employees and budgeted operating costs can afford to do this for their customers. Medium businesses will offer refunds but then charge a 20%-30% restocking fee.

Small businesses simply can't afford to offer frequent refunds - they'll go out of business. At the same time Customer Satisfaction remains a priority. Finding harmony between these two is crucial and one of the top reasons small businesses fail. No wonder why small businesses turn to resellers - they can still make product but yet someone else deals with the (angry) customer.

I'm proud to say we haven't upset too many of you out there and have yet to enlist the help of resellers (a topic for next time). Our biggest issue is with the inconsistency of the United States Postal Service and the occasional order mix-up. If your package becomes lost in the mail it may be eligible for a one-time reship or refund (most all of our packages have tracking). If a part is missing or damaged you are also eligible for refund. We do not offer refunds for unwanted merchandise.

We take pride in the variety of product we offer BrickForge fans, but before placing an order please be sure to read our FAQ and then take a moment to consider if what we offer is what you want. Children should always ask adults for assistance.

-A

Post subject: Re: Policy: Refunds
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:05 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

this is why a trade forum might be useful for BF products, but I can also see why you don't do one since it "Might" cut into your own sales, but I believe trading would be at a minimum at best and mostly people trading any freebie items they got, but who knows.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:20 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

There are other reasons I may start a marketplace, but this is not one of them.

This topic exists to better explain the how, why and when of our Refund Policy. A few of you fall within my age group and remember the days of nickel-n-dime, small boutiques and scrounging around flea markets. Many of you are still young and your shopping experience consists entirely of going to Wal-Mart. Such establishments allow you to purchase merchandise without considering if you really need it or not. You can return it at anytime. Smaller establishments usually have an 'all sales final' policy. This means that you need to consider your purchase before you actually make it. You wouldn't buy something at a flea market one week and attempt to return it the next because 'you decided you didn't need it'. We wouldn't be in business long if we granted refunds to people who changed their mind.

-A

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:27 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Armothe wrote:
There are other reasons I may start a marketplace, but this is not one of them.

This topic exists to better explain the how, why and when of our Refund Policy. A few of you fall within my age group and remember the days of nickel-n-dime, small boutiques and scrounging around flea markets. Many of you are still young and your shopping experience consists entirely of going to Wal-Mart. Such establishments allow you to purchase merchandise without considering if you really need it or not. You can return it at anytime. Smaller establishments usually have an 'all sales final' policy. This means that you need to consider your purchase before you actually make it. You wouldn't buy something at a flea market one week and attempt to return it the next because 'you decided you didn't need it'. We wouldn't be in business long if we granted refunds to people who changed their mind.

-A

I agree rule of thumb buy only if you know your going to need and use it and can afford it, plain and simple.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:21 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Armothe wrote:
As BrickForge continues to grow so does the perception in people's minds that we are a large company. We receive requests from fans for mail-order catalogs, to visit our warehouse and even perform birthday parties. While such a view is beneficial to our image there are certain expectations that remain out-of-reach. One of those is for customers to return BrickForge merchandise - as one customer put it - whenever they feel like it.

/Facepalm. That's just...

If the tanks succeed, victory follows. - Heinz Guderian

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]