Who is Deadliest?
The Dragon Fafnir 78%  78%  [ 21 ]
The Crystal King 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: Re: Deadliest Monster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:08 pm 
Firebrand
Firebrand

Accurate to the 'real' legends he means.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:12 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Blood-Dragon wrote:
Asterios wrote:
loosely based on viking mythology and not very accurate.

Uh, Asterios, I don't know if you know this, but ALL mythology is not correct. xD Lol; their wasn't actually a dwarf who turned dragon; it doesn't really make sense saying "Nope, that is wrong." It's all just stories made in the olden days.

believe it or not all mythology does have some basis in reality albeit far fetched, look at the Illiad most thought it was just a story but now evidence is coming together it may have happened but not in the way that Homer writes it(hes also believed to be mythical by some too), look at the movie Pearl Harbor hundreds of years from now people will think it never took place, when in reality it did just not like the movie.(and yes even though there is documented evidence it did occur unless its inscribed on stone or clay it will not last long.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:28 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Asterios wrote:
Blood-Dragon wrote:
Asterios wrote:
loosely based on viking mythology and not very accurate.

Uh, Asterios, I don't know if you know this, but ALL mythology is not correct. xD Lol; their wasn't actually a dwarf who turned dragon; it doesn't really make sense saying "Nope, that is wrong." It's all just stories made in the olden days.

believe it or not all mythology does have some basis in reality albeit far fetched, look at the Illiad most thought it was just a story but now evidence is coming together it may have happened but not in the way that Homer writes it(hes also believed to be mythical by some too), look at the movie Pearl Harbor hundreds of years from now people will think it never took place, when in reality it did just not like the movie.(and yes even though there is documented evidence it did occur unless its inscribed on stone or clay it will not last long.

Unless their is a mass wipeout of humanity - and actually, even with - I am sure it will be remembered, and passed down. WITH much, much evidence.
And, you don't really believe their was a dwarf turned dragon, do you? These stories were made up to take place of reasons for weather, and many other questions people had back then. I will never in as long as I live believe their actually were dwarves, elves, orcs, trolls, or any of that amusing, epic nonsense. No such thing as magic, either, until I get physical proof. We have physical proof of Pearl Harbor. So does a lot of the rest of the world, even though it didnt happen to them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Blood-Dragon wrote:
Unless their is a mass wipeout of humanity - and actually, even with - I am sure it will be remembered, and passed down. WITH much, much evidence.
And, you don't really believe their was a dwarf turned dragon, do you? These stories were made up to take place of reasons for weather, and many other questions people had back then. I will never in as long as I live believe their actually were dwarves, elves, orcs, trolls, or any of that amusing, epic nonsense. No such thing as magic, either, until I get physical proof. We have physical proof of Pearl Harbor. So does a lot of the rest of the world, even though it didnt happen to them.

there was physical proof that Troy occured yet many believed it was just a story, there are some people who even still believe that the world is flat, and to top it all off if Dragons did not exist then how come they are in virtually every mythos around the world? China, Americas, Europe and so on.

and how do you know stories of such were not passed down? also pygmies and dwarf like people have been found before(think of the Hobbit people around Australia)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:50 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Asterios wrote:
Blood-Dragon wrote:

1.)there was physical proof that Troy occured yet many believed it was just a story, 2.) there are some people who even still believe that the world is flat, 3.) and to top it all off if Dragons did not exist then how come they are in virtually every mythos around the world? China, Americas, Europe and so on.

4.)and how do you know stories of such were not passed down? also pygmies and dwarf like people have been found before(think of the Hobbit people around Australia)

1.) Well, these people obviously are too stubborn if there is proof, and they just say "Nope. didn't happen." You give me proof Fafnir was a dwarf IRL, I'll believe you. Has to be credible, though. Also, everyone has their own opinions, just like religion(which I won't drag into here right now). There are always going to be people(like you and me) saying 'Nope. My idea is real, not yours.'
2.) They obviously are the type of people who I mentioned enough. We have pics from space, people sailing and planes flying. We would have seen the edge of the world. There is not one piece of evidence that even suggests it is flat. If we made maps round instead of flat, Ill bet 50% of people wouldnt even believe that.
3.) Notice how I never listed Dragons under my 'I shan't believe' fantasy rant. I have seen special and read many books on the subject, and there was a possiblity back when there were dinosaurs, that there could have been Dragons. It still remains a controversy though because there are no live accounts(for obvious reasons).
4.) There were/are dwarves. Not the one's I meant: the hairy, mining, axe-wielding, girls-who-are-bearded, war-hungry short people. There is proof of this not only because there are still many people who are short today, but also the architecture of Lousiana was made specifically for short people. I know this cuz Ive been to Lousiana and went on a tour.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

the problem as I see it you take things literaly, take magic for instance it exists today and existed before maybe not as the mythical powers we see in stories, but even those can be explained in short order by common occurances, a Fire ball throwing wizard may have been someone with an ancient flame thrower and such.

As to physical proof how long do you think our physical proof of pearl harbor will last? paper is not ever lasting, and it can last longer then most digital media, films if not preserved will disintigrate into dust over time and even preserved will still disintigrate, the life expectancy of most current information mediums is about 500 years or so, most written word we have from ancient times was written on stone or clay tablets even at a time it was believe paper was used but it did not survive.

orcs and trolls could have been an earlier caveman, elves could have been skinny norsemen dwarves could have been pygmy tribes, all of these existed but give them differant names.

as to recently written accounts of dragons, have you forgotten St. George?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:09 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
This discussion has gone on long enough and is getting off topic. Locked.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5