The Dragon Fafnir 78%  78%  [ 21 ]
The Crystal King 22%  22%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: Re: Deadliest Monster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:17 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Asterios wrote:
Remember Dragon Fire is hotter then Lava, also Dragons bathe in Lava to cool off, the Crystal king would not have a chance against a fire breather since his stone elements would melt and all that would be left is his crystaline parts.

How do we know there isn't a massive endoskeleton of cyrstaline under it, which could prove invincibility, depending on the crystal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:21 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Blood-Dragon wrote:
Asterios wrote:
Remember Dragon Fire is hotter then Lava, also Dragons bathe in Lava to cool off, the Crystal king would not have a chance against a fire breather since his stone elements would melt and all that would be left is his crystaline parts.

How do we know there isn't a massive endoskeleton of cyrstaline under it, which could prove invincibility, depending on the crystal.

If that was the case then a hammer would destroy the crystal king, one good sharp rap and he would fracture from the inside.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:37 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Asterios wrote:
Blood-Dragon wrote:
Asterios wrote:

If that was the case then a hammer would destroy the crystal king, one good sharp rap and he would fracture from the inside.

Hmm, possible, but I don't think Fafnir has a hammer. :9

As much as I love Dragons, I don't think it would win against the rock/crystal golem. Sure; it could put up a good fight, but I doubt it would win.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:37 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Location: Just outside Camp Metsik, shooting the heck out of some Indestructibles.
Hmmm. I went with the CK. Now I'm thinking more towards Fafnir after reading the comments. Darn!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
If the crystal king's "skeleton" was made of crystal, it would be harder than his rocky "flesh;" so I doubt a regular hammer could break it. A high-pitched sound could shatter the crystal, but dragons aren't known for such abilities.

Last edited by Blue Moon Knight on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:57 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Blue Moon Knight wrote:
If the crystal king's "skeleton" was made of crystal, it would be harder than his rocky "flesh;" so I doubt a regular hammer could could break it. A high-pitched sound could shatter the crystal, but dragons aren't known for such abilities.

actually crystals shatter with vibrations all the time, sound is just another form of vibration so yes if the rock monsters body was made totally of crystal it could shatter upon being struck by a hammer, just like a diamond could.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:02 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I'm going with Fafnir.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Asterios wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
If the crystal king's "skeleton" was made of crystal, it would be harder than his rocky "flesh;" so I doubt a regular hammer could could break it. A high-pitched sound could shatter the crystal, but dragons aren't known for such abilities.

actually crystals shatter with vibrations all the time, sound is just another form of vibration so yes if the rock monsters body was made totally of crystal it could shatter upon being struck by a hammer, just like a diamond could.

Trueness, but I still think that a monster as rare and legendary as the CK would have an equally rare form of crystal as a "skeleton." The CK is alive, so the minerals that form his body might not react to blunt stimulus the way we would assume. I concede that a metal hammer would be an effective weapon, but dragons don't wield hammers, as was pointed out; thus making the battle a little trickier for the dragon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:32 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

He doesnt need a hammer, he just needs to swing his tal and have one of the spikes hit the Ck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:36 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hurricane wrote:
He doesnt need a hammer, he just needs to swing his tal and have one of the spikes hit the Ck.

Unless the dragon has a metal tail, I doubt it would be effective in the slightest bit. Especially since you are talking of normal dragon tails with spikes, that would really hurt the dragon itself. I can imagine myself doing that if I had a tail. Ouch >_<

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next