Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Resellers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:33 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

The_Brick_Smith wrote:
Asterios wrote:
Brick and Mortor stores for Custom LEGO pieces would die horrible deaths if for no reason not enough traffic in the store would not even cover the overhead of owning a store.

with online stores the overhead is almost minimal your only paying for the site, while a brick and mortor store you have utilities, rent, insurance and so on.

Dude, No need to rant at me, surprisingly enough, I know all this stuff. And I was in no way suggesting that Armothe should open a shop, only that it would be cool if he had one.

Wasn't Ranting, but if you want a rant heres one, if you knew all that why would you ask a redundant question like if he had a brick and mortor store? I know of only 3 LEGO sellers who have Brick and Mortor stores and they sell more then LEGO, and I repeat having a shop specifically for LEGO (unless company store) let alone for custom items which may at most see one customer a week at most, is nothing but a redundant question, my opinion was you did not know this or you would have not asked the question, so quit ranting at me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:50 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Location: Just outside Camp Metsik, shooting the heck out of some Indestructibles.
Asterios wrote:
The_Brick_Smith wrote:
Asterios wrote:
Brick and Mortor stores for Custom LEGO pieces would die horrible deaths if for no reason not enough traffic in the store would not even cover the overhead of owning a store.

with online stores the overhead is almost minimal your only paying for the site, while a brick and mortor store you have utilities, rent, insurance and so on.

Dude, No need to rant at me, surprisingly enough, I know all this stuff. And I was in no way suggesting that Armothe should open a shop, only that it would be cool if he had one.

Wasn't Ranting, but if you want a rant heres one, if you knew all that why would you ask a redundant question like if he had a brick and mortor store? I know of only 3 LEGO sellers who have Brick and Mortor stores and they sell more then LEGO, and I repeat having a shop specifically for LEGO (unless company store) let alone for custom items which may at most see one customer a week at most, is nothing but a redundant question, my opinion was you did not know this or you would have not asked the question, so quit ranting at me.

Sorry, that was a stupid comment on my part. Thought maybe he had a toy shop or something.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:27 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

wait wait wait?so dose that mean i could sponcer you guys on an website?.... [:]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:40 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Right now the sponsoring is only for the officers. I sponsored some items here in blue and it costs a bit. My suggestion is that you get in contact with Armothe and see what he says.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Let's clear up a few things here.

Would you rather travel to a small store in the middle of Ohio, or allow us to bring our custom accessories to you? The latter sounds more appealing doesn't it? We currently utilize a single reseller that attends most LEGO shows, SciFi conventions, gaming events, etc all over the United States. This allows you to visit a local event and experience a portion of what we have to offer, in person. I won't rule out opening a small boutique someday - when space requirements fall beyond what my current lair can accomodate; but for now I believe we found a great solution.

As far as overseas goes we are currently investigating possible methods for distribution. After what happened to Little Armory I'm extremely gun-shy about allowing someone I've never met to resell our products.

The sponsorship that JediSpring mentioned is in regards to sponsoring non-existing colors and/or existing pieces in limited edition colors. Here at the 'Forge we simply cannot spend the money to run every single item in every single color - without help. If you feel so compelled you may PM me and request how you can sponsor a mold. There is an upcharge and pre-order involved to single out those serious about sponsorship. I will post further details on the program shortly.

-A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:26 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

Armothe wrote:

Would you rather travel to a small store in the middle of Ohio, or allow us to bring our custom accessories to you? The latter sounds more appealing doesn't it? We currently utilize a single reseller that attends most LEGO shows, SciFi conventions, gaming events, etc all over the United States. This allows you to visit a local event and experience a portion of what we have to offer, in person. I won't rule out opening a small boutique someday - when space requirements fall beyond what my current lair can accomodate; but for now I believe we found a great solution.

As far as overseas goes we are currently investigating possible methods for distribution. After what happened to Little Armory I'm extremely gun-shy about allowing someone I've never met to resell our products.

The sponsorship that JediSpring mentioned is in regards to sponsoring non-existing colors and/or existing pieces in limited edition colors. Here at the 'Forge we simply cannot spend the money to run every single item in every single color - without help. If you feel so compelled you may PM me and request how you can sponsor a mold. There is an upcharge and pre-order involved to single out those serious about sponsorship. I will post further details on the program shortly.

-A

What happened to Little Armory? 8o

XBL Gamertag = SC4R 50

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:25 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

lacrossepwner17 wrote:
Armothe wrote:

-A

What happened to Little Armory? 8o

He Got screwed over royally by someone in Europe, who was supposed to be a reseller for LA but instead went behind him straight to his molder and was not giving LA his cut, I think, he explained the whole situation to me, and I forgot it(heck its been a few years).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

If we did own a specialty/hobby store, how can we get in contact in regards to distributing BF stuff??

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3