Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: I can't check out
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:53 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Your cart is probably timing out. Shop faster. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:57 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Shadow Viking wrote:
Your cart is probably timing out. Shop faster. ;)

thats not it, I shop as fast as the cart will allow.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:10 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
I agree that Firefox is better, just because people have attempted to hack you, doesn't mean they would have succeeded.

I wish I knew something that could help, but I'm no computer expert; and even my smartest minifigs can only deal with computers printed on little plastic bricks... Your best option would be to ask Armothe.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:53 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Blue Moon Knight wrote:
I agree that Firefox is better, just because people have attempted to hack you, doesn't mean they would have succeeded.

I wish I knew something that could help, but I'm no computer expert; and even my smartest minifigs can only deal with computers printed on little plastic bricks... Your best option would be to ask Armothe.

Actually they were able to attempt to hack me thru a fault in the firefox program, but my security net I use stopped them, in fact it was the only way I knew they were trying even.

also I PMed Armothe but he has yet to read my mail, did he tell anyone he was going to be gone?

ok just tried again and even added more stuff to my order and still no joy.

Ok was able to make my order but had to go thru a differant means to do it.

Just making an edit. You're fine now, just don't double or triple post - Ariana

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:15 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Asterios wrote:
also I PMed Armothe but he has yet to read my mail, did he tell anyone he was going to be gone?

He might be at work.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:15 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Sorry about the troubles. I'm not sure what it could be. Would you be able to explain the 'other means' in case another user has this issue?

-A

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:18 am 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Nothing to fancy used the Credit Card option, since information was being lost in translation from your site to PayPal checkout.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:11 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

You might have cookies disabled--to enable them, go to Tools --> Options --> Privacy and check "Allow cookies from sites," or go to "Exceptions" and allow brickforge.com and paypal.com. Note that these instructions are based on Firefox so IE might be a little bit different, but it should be close enough that you can figure it out. If you can't figure it out and want help, PM me. Also as was previously suggested, you could have timed out--even if you are going as fast as your computer allows, if you are on a slow computer and/or have a bad connection it could time out.

Re Firefox vs. IE. I recently switched to Firefox and it is a lot faster. It is also more secure--someone trying to hack you doesn't mean it's insecure, it means that it's secure if they tried and failed... and it was likely the same person every time. Make sure you have anti-virus installed on your computer and run regular virus scans.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:28 pm 
Beheaded
Beheaded

Dylan wrote:
You might have cookies disabled--to enable them, go to Tools --> Options --> Privacy and check "Allow cookies from sites," or go to "Exceptions" and allow brickforge.com and paypal.com. Note that these instructions are based on Firefox so IE might be a little bit different, but it should be close enough that you can figure it out. If you can't figure it out and want help, PM me. Also as was previously suggested, you could have timed out--even if you are going as fast as your computer allows, if you are on a slow computer and/or have a bad connection it could time out.

Re Firefox vs. IE. I recently switched to Firefox and it is a lot faster. It is also more secure--someone trying to hack you doesn't mean it's insecure, it means that it's secure if they tried and failed... and it was likely the same person every time. Make sure you have anti-virus installed on your computer and run regular virus scans.

-Dylan

for Starters found out the problem, was ot on my end, also my computer is pretty fast and excellant connection, also the perps that tried to hack me got thru on Firefox and thru the firefox virus scanner, but my own personal program caught it, evidently the program was leaked thru Firefox on a sub program thru access of the firefox programming.

right now I use IE8 which works fine for me and no break-ins yet, but I neither trust IE either so have my own security program running, and trust Firefox even less cause the only way the virus could have gotten as far as it did was for the hackers to have access to the Firefox programming base system to imbed their code within it.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:35 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Hope you can fix it and spend, Rick.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next