Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 am


Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:05 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Eorzea, Hydaelyn
Armothe wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
The ones supposed to be making them is BrickArms. He was talking about the plasma pistols that BA is planning to put out in the summer but BF already did. Sorry, but from the looks, I personally like the looks of the BA ones better. I like that the handle is separate from the body of the gun.


I can appreciate the fact that people expect exact miniature replicas of popular items but RedBean and I decided we weren't going to do that. We enjoy putting our own spin on things, not to mention it keeps us out of trouble. The Plasma Blaster is our best seller from our latest release and is coming up second best overall.

The other thing we won't do is release drawings of our ideas months ahead of time in an attempt to lay claim to something we may not get around to producing for months. At the time we locked in the Blaster to Mold 10 there was nothing comparable being planned by other vendors.

-A


I know, and I'm fine that it's not exact. It just makes it look a little odd and squat when the handle isn't separate from the body.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:10 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:17 am
Posts: 153
UltimatBlitz wrote:
I can appreciate the fact that people expect exact miniature replicas of popular items but RedBean and I decided we weren't going to do that. We enjoy putting our own spin on things, not to mention it keeps us out of trouble. The Plasma Blaster is our best seller from our latest release and is coming up second best overall.

The other thing we won't do is release drawings of our ideas months ahead of time in an attempt to lay claim to something we may not get around to producing for months. At the time we locked in the Blaster to Mold 10 there was nothing comparable being planned by other vendors.

-A


So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

-S

_________________
Hound Knight = Favourite Decal guy. JasBrick = Favourite customizer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:56 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Eorzea, Hydaelyn
spartan wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
I can appreciate the fact that people expect exact miniature replicas of popular items but RedBean and I decided we weren't going to do that. We enjoy putting our own spin on things, not to mention it keeps us out of trouble. The Plasma Blaster is our best seller from our latest release and is coming up second best overall.

The other thing we won't do is release drawings of our ideas months ahead of time in an attempt to lay claim to something we may not get around to producing for months. At the time we locked in the Blaster to Mold 10 there was nothing comparable being planned by other vendors.

-A


So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

-S


Jeez, I've never seen them on sale anywhere. You sure that wasn't the price for the prototype and not the final product?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:28 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:09 pm
Posts: 506
Location: Long Island
spartan wrote:
So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?

BrickForge already makes and sells the Plasma Blaster...

Quote:
....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

Case? The $20 is for the Toywiz reselling the prototypes as mentioned above me. As for it being BF's loss...how? You keep changing what you're saying around...first you say BF won't produce an item it already does, then you say it would be stupid to sell them at a high price point that BF doesn't sell them at, and then you say it's BF's loss? What are you trying to say?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:19 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Eorzea, Hydaelyn
Starwars4J wrote:
spartan wrote:
So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?

BrickForge already makes and sells the Plasma Blaster...

Quote:
....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

Case? The $20 is for the Toywiz reselling the prototypes as mentioned above me. As for it being BF's loss...how? You keep changing what you're saying around...first you say BF won't produce an item it already does, then you say it would be stupid to sell them at a high price point that BF doesn't sell them at, and then you say it's BF's loss? What are you trying to say?


You miss-understand him. He's saying they won't make the plasma blaster the same as the BA plasma blaster...and then I think he meant it's BA's loss, not BF's

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:47 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:17 am
Posts: 153
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Starwars4J wrote:
spartan wrote:
So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?

BrickForge already makes and sells the Plasma Blaster...

Quote:
....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

Case? The $20 is for the Toywiz reselling the prototypes as mentioned above me. As for it being BF's loss...how? You keep changing what you're saying around...first you say BF won't produce an item it already does, then you say it would be stupid to sell them at a high price point that BF doesn't sell them at, and then you say it's BF's loss? What are you trying to say?


You miss-understand him. He's saying they won't make the plasma blaster the same as the BA plasma blaster...and then I think he meant it's BA's loss, not BF's


Yeh, yeh..that's exactly what i mean UB, thanks for pointing that out to anyone that didn't understand :D

-S

_________________
Hound Knight = Favourite Decal guy. JasBrick = Favourite customizer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:19 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:00 pm
Posts: 23585
Whew! Glad we got that resolved :)

Anyways, the prototypes that BA made are a pretty nice piece of work and knowing how much time goes into these little pieces $20.00 for a collector's item is pretty good.

At & after BrickWorld last year we received a lot of feedback surrounding our Powered Assault Commando lineup including the lack of matching weaponry. We decided to draft up and release a small gun so customers could pickup a firearm to go with their Marines. The original design had the handle separate from the rest of the gun but it simply didn't appear 'compact' as much as I wanted it to be so we simply merged the handle into the rest of the weapon creating a unique gun. I'm not sure what other colors this particular item may offer in the future.

-A

_________________
http://www.flickr.com/photos/armothe/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:33 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm
Posts: 2242
Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Personally, I like the BF plasma blaster how it is. It compliments the SM armor better than the MG. Not to say the Megagun isn't wicked awsome, it just doesn't go with the SM armor as well. Though it would work as a backup weapon for the marines.

_________________
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:26 pm
Posts: 3662
Location: Nebraska
Armothe wrote:
I'm not sure what other colors this particular item may offer in the future.

-A

Glow in the Dark! Glow in the Dark! ;)

_________________
I'll take my 60 Smiles Per Gallon over 60 Miles Per Gallon anyday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:03 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:40 am
Posts: 1011
Location: Eorzea, Hydaelyn
clonebear wrote:
Armothe wrote:
I'm not sure what other colors this particular item may offer in the future.

-A

Glow in the Dark! Glow in the Dark! ;)


I told you guys before, get the clear, glow-in-the-dark paint, and paint an item yourself. It's easy

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net