Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:38 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:05 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Armothe wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
The ones supposed to be making them is BrickArms. He was talking about the plasma pistols that BA is planning to put out in the summer but BF already did. Sorry, but from the looks, I personally like the looks of the BA ones better. I like that the handle is separate from the body of the gun.

I can appreciate the fact that people expect exact miniature replicas of popular items but RedBean and I decided we weren't going to do that. We enjoy putting our own spin on things, not to mention it keeps us out of trouble. The Plasma Blaster is our best seller from our latest release and is coming up second best overall.

The other thing we won't do is release drawings of our ideas months ahead of time in an attempt to lay claim to something we may not get around to producing for months. At the time we locked in the Blaster to Mold 10 there was nothing comparable being planned by other vendors.

-A

I know, and I'm fine that it's not exact. It just makes it look a little odd and squat when the handle isn't separate from the body.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:10 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

UltimatBlitz wrote:
I can appreciate the fact that people expect exact miniature replicas of popular items but RedBean and I decided we weren't going to do that. We enjoy putting our own spin on things, not to mention it keeps us out of trouble. The Plasma Blaster is our best seller from our latest release and is coming up second best overall.

The other thing we won't do is release drawings of our ideas months ahead of time in an attempt to lay claim to something we may not get around to producing for months. At the time we locked in the Blaster to Mold 10 there was nothing comparable being planned by other vendors.

-A

So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

-S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:56 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

spartan wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:

-A

So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

-S

Jeez, I've never seen them on sale anywhere. You sure that wasn't the price for the prototype and not the final product?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:28 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

spartan wrote:
So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?

BrickForge already makes and sells the Plasma Blaster...

Quote:
....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

Case? The $20 is for the Toywiz reselling the prototypes as mentioned above me. As for it being BF's loss...how? You keep changing what you're saying around...first you say BF won't produce an item it already does, then you say it would be stupid to sell them at a high price point that BF doesn't sell them at, and then you say it's BF's loss? What are you trying to say?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:19 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Starwars4J wrote:
spartan wrote:
So Armothe...whats your best seller? oh and UB i guess BF isn't gonna make the Plasma Pistol like BA because there are many molds you need ot use to produce it and have you seen the price for those BA plasma pistols?

Quote:
....it's like 20 bucks or something...and i don't think many people are gonna fork out 20 bucks for a little piece of coloured plastic that they will prob lose oneday anyway...so it BF's loss. I rest my case

Case? The $20 is for the Toywiz reselling the prototypes as mentioned above me. As for it being BF's loss...how? You keep changing what you're saying around...first you say BF won't produce an item it already does, then you say it would be stupid to sell them at a high price point that BF doesn't sell them at, and then you say it's BF's loss? What are you trying to say?

You miss-understand him. He's saying they won't make the plasma blaster the same as the BA plasma blaster...and then I think he meant it's BA's loss, not BF's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:47 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Starwars4J wrote:
spartan wrote:

Quote:

You miss-understand him. He's saying they won't make the plasma blaster the same as the BA plasma blaster...and then I think he meant it's BA's loss, not BF's

Yeh, yeh..that's exactly what i mean UB, thanks for pointing that out to anyone that didn't understand :D

-S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:19 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Whew! Glad we got that resolved :)

Anyways, the prototypes that BA made are a pretty nice piece of work and knowing how much time goes into these little pieces $20.00 for a collector's item is pretty good.

At & after BrickWorld last year we received a lot of feedback surrounding our Powered Assault Commando lineup including the lack of matching weaponry. We decided to draft up and release a small gun so customers could pickup a firearm to go with their Marines. The original design had the handle separate from the rest of the gun but it simply didn't appear 'compact' as much as I wanted it to be so we simply merged the handle into the rest of the weapon creating a unique gun. I'm not sure what other colors this particular item may offer in the future.

-A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:33 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Personally, I like the BF plasma blaster how it is. It compliments the SM armor better than the MG. Not to say the Megagun isn't wicked awsome, it just doesn't go with the SM armor as well. Though it would work as a backup weapon for the marines.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Armothe wrote:
I'm not sure what other colors this particular item may offer in the future.

-A

Glow in the Dark! Glow in the Dark! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:03 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

clonebear wrote:
Armothe wrote:
I'm not sure what other colors this particular item may offer in the future.

-A

Glow in the Dark! Glow in the Dark! ;)

I told you guys before, get the clear, glow-in-the-dark paint, and paint an item yourself. It's easy

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next