Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Halo style Energy sword, Brickforge or Brickarms?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:35 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

thebluecrusader wrote:
The swords are equally cool, although Armoth's design is unique and one of a kind with two colours, but Brickarms is a single moulded item.

Keep in mind that Armothe's is hand-made and if BrickForge ever mass produces a similar item it will most likely be single colored, as doing 2 colors would require having several moulds (i.e. Powered Assault Commando helmet and visor) and I don't think that that is very likely to happen. However if it is produced, you could, of course, paint it or buy one in each of several colors and cut and glue.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:55 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Hey,
if BF made this i think it would do great, BA's version of it is kinda...unrealistic...but if Armothe and RedBean made their version they would get heaps of money. If BF pursue this idea and start taking it into production their office is gonna be overflowed...with MONEY!!!!....and i have an idea, why don't you make say...30 energy swords and put them up on BF as a limited edition product and if they sell really fast you could put them into mass production. But that's just an idea ;)

-S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:29 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

First of all, I don't see what's wrong with BA's energy sword at all. Second, BF keeps putting out lots of new, unique items for us. I mean, if they want to make energy sword based products, they sure as anything can, but we're already getting one from another provider and BF is still giving up new, cool things. I'd much rather see some of the other things suggested on this forum come out before another energy sword.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:52 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Spartan--Seeing as moulds cost anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars (not sure how much BF moulds are), it would not be cost-efficient to produce a limited number. Limited runs like that will be special colors only as they use existing moulds, and even then I doubt they will go as low as 30.

UltimatBlitz--Keep in mind that the BA Energy Sword is just a prototype--we don't know when, or even for sure if, it will be mass produced.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:56 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I thought there was an article that they were massproducing the swords, needlers, plasma pistoles, and some star trek gun soon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:41 am 
Weld Wizard
Weld Wizard

UltimatBlitz wrote:
I thought there was an article that they were massproducing the swords, needlers, plasma pistoles, and some star trek gun soon

You are correct but I guess nothing is for shure. But I was kinda sad that Brickforge produced something that BA will probably produce this summer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:01 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
zarlighttusk wrote:
But I was kinda sad that Brickforge produced something that BA will probably produce this summer.

Why? Personally, I'm glad BF did, cuz I'll probably never buy from BA. Nothing against them, I'm just lazy, and I'm an instant gratification kinda guy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

zarlighttusk wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:

You are correct but I guess nothing is for shure. But I was kinda sad that Brickforge produced something that BA will probably produce this summer.

Who's producing these swords and needler things?..... and whats BA gonna come out with this summer?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:53 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

spartan wrote:
zarlighttusk wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
I thought there was an article that they were massproducing the swords, needlers, plasma pistols, and some star trek gun soon

Who's producing these swords and needler things?..... and whats BA gonna come out with this summer?

The ones supposed to be making them is BrickArms. He was talking about the plasma pistols that BA is planning to put out in the summer but BF already did. Sorry, but from the looks, I personally like the looks of the BA ones better. I like that the handle is separate from the body of the gun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

UltimatBlitz wrote:
The ones supposed to be making them is BrickArms. He was talking about the plasma pistols that BA is planning to put out in the summer but BF already did. Sorry, but from the looks, I personally like the looks of the BA ones better. I like that the handle is separate from the body of the gun.

I can appreciate the fact that people expect exact miniature replicas of popular items but RedBean and I decided we weren't going to do that. We enjoy putting our own spin on things, not to mention it keeps us out of trouble. The Plasma Blaster is our best seller from our latest release and is coming up second best overall.

The other thing we won't do is release drawings of our ideas months ahead of time in an attempt to lay claim to something we may not get around to producing for months. At the time we locked in the Blaster to Mold 10 there was nothing comparable being planned by other vendors.

-A

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next