It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: How do you pull of a SM helmet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:52 am 
Firebrand
Firebrand

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Oh, or this one: again let it come off the neck. Turn the helmet over, and sit it on the counter next to the microwave. Put butter in microwave, heat. Pour into helmet around head. Make sure not to get any in the head. Reattach head to body, but upside down so butter doesn't go everywhere. Pull helmet.

I wouldn't do that, it'll leave grease inside the helmet and make a mess. Try, taking it off with the head in it, put it on another body that does not have armor on it, and then try wiggling/ pulling it forward etc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:06 am 
Tong Novice
Tong Novice

You could try putting the helmet in warm water (not too hot though, mainly for preventing plastic deformation, and of course burns).
Then, after a while, connect it to a body and quickly put everything in really cold water, and try pulling it out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:34 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
Do you have the SM armor? If you do, put the head all the way onto the body when the armor is on the fig I've found that the armor/ neck part combo holds the head tight enough so the helmet comes right off.

Pretty simple way to do so rite here....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:55 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

the Hound Knight wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Oh, or this one: again let it come off the neck. Turn the helmet over, and sit it on the counter next to the microwave. Put butter in microwave, heat. Pour into helmet around head. Make sure not to get any in the head. Reattach head to body, but upside down so butter doesn't go everywhere. Pull helmet.

I wouldn't do that, it'll leave grease inside the helmet and make a mess. Try, taking it off with the head in it, put it on another body that does not have armor on it, and then try wiggling/ pulling it forward etc.

Yeah, I never actually planned on trying it...but I guess he did. Though you could easily clean it out with a q-tip. But I would have used it as a last resort.

Blue Moon Knight wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
Do you have the SM armor? If you do, put the head all the way onto the body when the armor is on the fig I've found that the armor/ neck part combo holds the head tight enough so the helmet comes right off.

Now that I think about it, BMK's right. I've never had a problem taking off the helmet on a fig wearing the armor...but apparently he already broke it, so I guess he doesn't need this advice anymore. :( I can't believe it broke though...poor SM helm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:

Now that I think about it, BMK's right. I've never had a problem taking off the helmet on a fig wearing the armor...but apparently he already broke it, so I guess he doesn't need this advice anymore. :( I can't believe it broke though...poor SM helm

Thank you Blitz.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:36 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I've been watching seeing what everybody else is suggesting, but now it's my turn hehe. Usually what I do is hold onto the back of the helmet and apply moderate force and it slides right off. You also have to take into consideration that all the pieces will be different but it's useful to know how to remove tight fitting items. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:29 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Now that I think about it, BMK's right. I've never had a problem taking off the helmet on a fig wearing the armor...but apparently he already broke it, so I guess he doesn't need this advice anymore. I can't believe it broke though...poor SM helm

Well guess what, my brother took my LEGO to play with :-x and he put a head on a minifig then the SM helmet over the head and guess what....IT'S STUCK!!!.....so i do need more advice because not many are working...AND....ive decided to dab a bit of oil on the inside of each SM helmet i have that doesnt have a head inside it...and im hoping when i put the SM helmet on a fig that the oil will help lubricate it and make it very easy to pull out :b .

-S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:20 am 
Tong Novice
Tong Novice

The collector in me makes me cringe after reading that you put oil in your toys D:

Not only they get greasy, but overtime plastic gets damaged with it.
ABS is quite strong, so you'll probably be fine, but eek.

If I were you, I would wash them immediately, and sand the inside minimally instead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:52 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Looks like BF's new stock of SM Hemls are trouble makers. I've never had such serious problems with mine, ever

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:29 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Panda wrote:
The collector in me makes me cringe after reading that you put oil in your toys D:

Not only they get greasy, but overtime plastic gets damaged with it.
ABS is quite strong, so you'll probably be fine, but eek.

If I were you, I would wash them immediately, and sand the inside minimally instead.

Ok...i took out the oil...and now im gonna try sand the inside a tincy little bit so that the head won't get stuck on to my SM helmet.

-S

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next