It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: How do you pull of a SM helmet
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Oh, or this one: again let it come off the neck. Turn the helmet over, and sit it on the counter next to the microwave. Put butter in microwave, heat. Pour into helmet around head. Make sure not to get any in the head. Reattach head to body, but upside down so butter doesn't go everywhere. Pull helmet.

Ooooh... Hadn't thought of that. :b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Starwars4J wrote:
Like with any other snug helmet, wiggle the helmet side to side. This will make it looser until after 10-20 seconds it'll slide right off the head. Also moved to the correct forum.

Thankyou..but this doesn't work either

-S

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:26 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

spartan wrote:
Starwars4J wrote:
Like with any other snug helmet, wiggle the helmet side to side. This will make it looser until after 10-20 seconds it'll slide right off the head. Also moved to the correct forum.

Thankyou..but this doesn't work either

-S

THEN TRY ONE OF MINE! I've been able to do it with my teeth. I'm 100% sure you can do it with pliers unless you're too weak to lift them...in which case you should be in a hospital, not playing with legs and worrying about getting the helmet off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Do not use your teeth. I can't tell you how many people did that as kids and ended up regretting it when they got older. If you can't wriggle it off like I suggested (which has never failed me), try cooling the head but not the helmet to induce some minor contraction or something, but really I can't imagine why it wouldn't work...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:31 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Let the head come off the neck. Go into your garage and into your dad's tool chest and get out the pliers, cause I'm sure no house doesn't have a set of pliers. Hold onto the helmet. Grab the inside and rim of the head with the pliers, and pull. I use my teeth for this...but there's a risk of the head shooting down your throat, so I don't suggest it.

i tried your suggestion of butter and that just made the helmet oily and stuff...i also tried the pliers and i WORKED..but it didn't really work because when the head came out the bottom halof of the helmet snapped off :(

-S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:38 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

spartan wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Let the head come off the neck. Go into your garage and into your dad's tool chest and get out the pliers, cause I'm sure no house doesn't have a set of pliers. Hold onto the helmet. Grab the inside and rim of the head with the pliers, and pull. I use my teeth for this...but there's a risk of the head shooting down your throat, so I don't suggest it.

i tried your suggestion of butter and that just made the helmet oily and stuff...i also tried the pliers and i WORKED..but it didn't really work because when the head came out the bottom halof of the helmet snapped off :(

-S

U actually tried the butter? Wow, I think the pliers idea would be cleaner and all. And what do you mean the bottom snapped off? Post a picture. No one else has had problems like this, maybe it was defective.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:56 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

UltimatBlitz wrote:
spartan wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:

-S

U actually tried the butter? Wow, I think the pliers idea would be cleaner and all. And what do you mean the bottom snapped off? Post a picture. No one else has had problems like this, maybe it was defective.

Well, because it became useless i chucked it away, i regret that now because i figured if i kept it i coulda modified to for one of my MOCs ;(

-S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:12 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Just reach in the trash and get it. It's not that hard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:30 am 
i have a special minifig which i painted with the wrong kind of paint and i shove the head on there and the helmet comes off easy. it's some kind of gold paint pen and it doesnt dry on lego very well, so it goes all rough. dont worry, it doesnt get the head or helmet all mucky or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:06 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Do you have the SM armor? If you do, put the head all the way onto the body when the armor is on the fig I've found that the armor/ neck part combo holds the head tight enough so the helmet comes right off.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next