Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Transparent armor would be so cool.

Post subject: Re: Color suggestions and requests
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:30 pm 
Pit Pounder
Pit Pounder

Muskey15 wrote:
It would be great for something like Sting in LOTR.
That would be cool, great idea! Theoretically, if Brickforge made glow-in-the-dark items, would they be semi-transparent or opaque (e.g. a white piece with GITD paint applied to it)?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Muskey15 wrote:
Glow-in-the-dark weapons, ftw! It would be great for something like Sting in LOTR.

It would also be good for Gandalf's sword. (Glamdring I believe is the name 8) )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:16 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Well I've always had a soft spot in my heart for trans-anything, and of course GitD would be cool. Not a heck of a lot of practical applications, but then again most of my collection seems to be that way :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:47 pm 
Bucket Boy
Bucket Boy

Hi, New member here.
I like what brickforge (and brickarms, if that's not to blaspheme here) is doing and would dig some Glow in the Dark bits.
Was wondering/hoping if it is possible to reengineer the original Lego Motorcycle for sale in the store? Possibly a Mongoose to go along with the Powered Assault Commando Armor?
Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:04 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
Txbart wrote:
Hi, New member here.
I like what brickforge (and brickarms, if that's not to blaspheme here) is doing and would dig some Glow in the Dark bits.
Was wondering/hoping if it is possible to reengineer the original Lego Motorcycle for sale in the store? Possibly a Mongoose to go along with the Powered Assault Commando Armor?
Thanks for reading.

It's only blaspheme if you say megabloks is better than Lego :b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:27 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

I'm looking to get some of your military helmets in not yet produced colors:

Sand Green
Dark Bley (I recall a thread where you were considering using this color)
Medium Blue (UN Peacekeeper color I think)

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:22 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

Sand Green for the Helmet is coming shortly. As for Med Blue...well - we have a ways to go before we hit this color :)

-A

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:00 am 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Just as a general nitpick: maybe some weapons and armor in a light "bley" scheme? The dark grey currently matches the old colors well, but not so much for the post-grey-swap elements (although, granted, the "metallic" colors work just as well, I admit). On top of that, some part of me is just a little nostalgic for the old light grey armors and weapons from the original Castle releases . . .

As for other colors: dark blue, red, and green might be handy for pauldrons and some armor, if only for that "painted armor / tournament" look, while GitD might work well for "cursed" weapons. Trans-colors in general might also be nice for wizard staffs (magic-imbued items?) and the Powered Assault Commando visors (in case anyone wants to integrate that design outside of Halo-themed creations), while trans-neon-orange for weapons would give them that nice, "fresh-outta-the-forge" look.

Beyond that, the only other thing I can think of is maybe try making a "rust" color for some items; some things might just be relics or artifacts, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:48 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

xinark wrote:
Just as a general nitpick: maybe some weapons and armor in a light "bley" scheme? The dark grey currently matches the old colors well, but not so much for the post-grey-swap elements (although, granted, the "metallic" colors work just as well, I admit). On top of that, some part of me is just a little nostalgic for the old light grey armors and weapons from the original Castle releases . . .

As for other colors: dark blue, red, and green might be handy for pauldrons and some armor, if only for that "painted armor / tournament" look, while GitD might work well for "cursed" weapons. Trans-colors in general might also be nice for wizard staffs (magic-imbued items?) and the Powered Assault Commando visors (in case anyone wants to integrate that design outside of Halo-themed creations), while trans-neon-orange for weapons would give them that nice, "fresh-outta-the-forge" look.

Beyond that, the only other thing I can think of is maybe try making a "rust" color for some items; some things might just be relics or artifacts, after all.

I like the rust idea it would look great on some mocs. Always in addation if you do decide to use bley you should keep the old drk grey around for some time, as a am half and half on the idea, i like bley on figures but hate the idea on regular lego bricks.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 44   [ 435 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44  Next