Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cool contest ideas
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:49 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Blood-Dragon wrote:
dawnstead wrote:
I think super hero is a great idea.
I was also thinking about making your own knights or paladins or something, because Brickforge is pretty much based on medieval accessories, right?

I had an idea, but I didn't know if it would be too complicated.
Making THE Brickforge town/village/city would be a massive contest I think.

Where the prize is massive as well. ;) :b But that sounds like a fun contest...for later when I get some more pieces.

I would die. I wouldnt have enough pieces of the right color. Unless I ordered from Bricklink. Or got like the medieval market village or something. Its a good idea but I dont know if that many people would have enough bricks of the right colors.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:54 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Location: Home, probably playing Runescape. !,,!, (o.o) ,!,,!
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Blood-Dragon wrote:
Striker wrote:
Howza about a Half-Life contest of some sort?

Nope. :b

Agreed. No Half-Life, no Halo, nothing that exists and is extremely popular already. More original ideas are best. Plus, there's a lot to base it off of for Half-Life and Halo and such

I don't see why there shouldn't be a contest based off of something popular. I mean, what's the harm?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:15 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Blue Moon Knight wrote:
UltimatBlitz wrote:
Blood-Dragon wrote:
Nope. :b

Agreed. No Half-Life, no Halo, nothing that exists and is extremely popular already. More original ideas are best. Plus, there's a lot to base it off of for Half-Life and Halo and such

I don't see why there shouldn't be a contest based off of something popular. I mean, what's the harm?

I was just kidding. :b But still, more than 4/6 of us dont even know what Half-Life is.( Like me) Plus, Striker already has like, one million Half-Life stuff to just throw into the contest.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:33 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

[quote="Blue Moon Knight"]There's no harm, but it's done a lot already. I want to see someone's original ideas when I'm looking at a BF contest. And this is coming from the hard-core Halo fan :b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:48 am 
Swage Fitter
Swage Fitter

barnabas32 wrote:
I just had a good contest idea- You make up your own super hero with powers and everything to a life story almost and then you make him into lego form.
Does anyone els have ideas
I think thats a good idea!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:00 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

UltimatBlitz wrote:
There's no harm, but it's done a lot already. I want to see someone's original ideas when I'm looking at a BF contest. And this is coming from the hard-core Halo fan :b

Truness, but it might be nice every once in a while.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:23 pm 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

I wouldnt like having contest for things like halo or half life unless it was a vintage. But really the contest should be something from scratch like making a superhero or making a weapon. Becouse then you have to use your imagination alot more

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:53 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

barnabas32 wrote:
I wouldnt like having contest for things like halo or half life unless it was a vintage. But really the contest should be something from scratch like making a superhero or making a weapon. Becouse then you have to use your imagination alot more

But what about the people who aren't good at customizing or making things from scratch. What about the people who are good at building? The contest yur suggesting doesn't do anything for the people who can't customize. So what if a Halo themed contest doesn't require as much imagination? What good is imagination, if it can't be expressed? Isn't that the reason why BF was created, to make custom pieces for those who can't, because there are people who can't?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:57 pm 
Slag Fetcher
Slag Fetcher

I think a good idea would be based on sig figs. I mean really, for those who dont have one, Put your minds together and make up a sig fig in writing and see who has the greatest idea, the best idea for sig fig gets there Minifig made by BF at no costs. Just an idea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:48 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Blue Moon Knight wrote:
barnabas32 wrote:

But what about the people who aren't good at customizing or making things from scratch. What about the people who are good at building? The contest yur suggesting doesn't do anything for the people who can't customize. So what if a Halo themed contest doesn't require as much imagination? What good is imagination, if it can't be expressed? Isn't that the reason why BF was created, to make custom pieces for those who can't, because there are people who can't?

This is true, but you have to look at it through another persons view as well. What about all of the people who have no clue what Half-Life is? I have no idea still and never bothered to go buy the game. It would be a waste to go and make a contest when more people dont own/know what HL is. It would be making a very limited contest for the little handful of people in the pool known as BF. ;) And people are not gonna go buy the game to be in a contest.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 32   [ 315 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next