Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brickforge order site suggestion
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:32 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

I think maybe what he's trying to say is that the old site lets you TYPE in the quantity, then see the total amount right away on the same page, instead of scrolling to pick the quantity, and see the total amount when it jumps to the next page.

I don't think it's that big of a deal though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:38 pm 
Tong Novice
Tong Novice

I guess it is just a matter of getting used.
You can always open all the stuff you want in tabs, and keep adding to the cart until you are done with the purchase.

But personally, I prefer the newer shop overall.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:18 pm 
Weld Wizard
Weld Wizard

Armothe wrote:
You can order as many things as you like. My guess is they weren't ever added to your cart, or perhaps your session timed out. What is your e-mail address you used to register at the store with?

-A

This was a PM response to me from Armothe once when I asked about 2 items not being in the order (kinda glad they weren't though, seeing as the Green Powered Assault Commando armor came out and green was the favorite color of the person I was getting those 2 items for as a gift), but it's the "session timed out" part...because Armothe said:
Armothe wrote:
If you log in and add items to your cart they should never be removed for any reason unless I deem it necessary to clear out shopping carts via admin. Keep in mind though that the products arent actually removed from inventory until you check out. Thus, it is possible to have an item in your cart which sells out while you are shopping for other items, and when you update your cart it disappears.

The old order form was nice when it was 20 items - imagine how long it would be today! I know most of you are used to the way BrickLink does things but that was a custom written application and I've never been able to find anything vaguely similar other than PayPal's cart....and I don't like PP cart. I don't think the BF store has a way to generate an order form and keep a connection to inventory - I'll keep checking though.

-A

don't those two conflict?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

So what are you trying to start?

-A

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Armothe wrote:
You can order as many things as you like. My guess is they weren't ever added to your cart, or perhaps your session timed out. What is your e-mail address you used to register at the store with?

-A

This was a PM response to me from Armothe once when I asked about 2 items not being in the order (kinda glad they weren't though, seeing as the Green Powered Assault Commando armor came out and green was the favorite color of the person I was getting those 2 items for as a gift), but it's the "session timed out" part...because Armothe said:
Armothe wrote:
If you log in and add items to your cart they should never be removed for any reason unless I deem it necessary to clear out shopping carts via admin. Keep in mind though that the products arent actually removed from inventory until you check out. Thus, it is possible to have an item in your cart which sells out while you are shopping for other items, and when you update your cart it disappears.

The old order form was nice when it was 20 items - imagine how long it would be today! I know most of you are used to the way BrickLink does things but that was a custom written application and I've never been able to find anything vaguely similar other than PayPal's cart....and I don't like PP cart. I don't think the BF store has a way to generate an order form and keep a connection to inventory - I'll keep checking though.

-A

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:50 am 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

but it did say the quantity of items in stock!
i think there was the name of item, then picture underneath, a list of colours, then the quantity of item in stock, then the "add to basket" thing with the box for typing in the quantity of items you want

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:01 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

brick-a-brack wrote:
but it did say the quantity of items in stock!
i think there was the name of item, then picture underneath, a list of colours, then the quantity of item in stock, then the "add to basket" thing with the box for typing in the quantity of items you want

Secret revealed: That number was never accurate.

-A

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:14 pm 
Weld Wizard
Weld Wizard

Armothe wrote:
So what are you trying to start?

-A

UltimatBlitz wrote:
Armothe wrote:

-A

Armothe wrote:

-A

not trying to start...just very confused :|

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:54 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Who cares whether the new cart is better or worse than the old one?

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that matters is that it is possible to buy great products from an ever-increasing range of items and colours.

Long live Brickforge!

Kevin
flash9465

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:49 am 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

You are missing the issue here. Of course we are all loyal Brickforge fans. But customer feedback is important, right?

I checked my order again and I realized that the cart left out some important items - I have 20 neck armors, but no pauldrons. Looks like I have to fight the shopping cart and order again...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

I have no idea why items may be disappearing from the shopping cart. I haven't experienced this on the BF site but have occasionally had it happen on other sites. The main culprits are browser timeouts, out of stock issues, internet hiccups or I simply didn't add the product correctly to my cart. It's something I'm willing to investigate but since it's only a few isolated incidents I probably won't have a solution figured out in the immediate future. All things considering, the Shopping Cart system we use should be functioning just fine and the only way to delete something from a cart is if the customer or an administrator manually removes it.

-A

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next