It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Brickforge order site suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:22 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

Hey all

Maybe I am doing this wrong, but I find the current Brickforge order site a bit unwieldy.

Unlike Bricklink, where you can buy an item, determine the quantity, and stay on the same page to continue shopping, Brickforge transfers you to the shopping cart every time. Then, if you wish to add more items (even very similar ones), you have to click "continue shopping" to be transferred to the main page. Then so on each time you add an item.

This works especially against someone who is causally browsing, instead of having a specific item and quantity in mind - I've been on the site for about half an hour now adding stuff.

I suggest going towards more of a Bricklink format, to speed up the buying experience.

Thank you,

Luke

Post subject: Re: Brickforge order site suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:25 pm 
Sledge Striker
Sledge Striker

Yeah I agree with you but the site is fairly new, it opened sometime in July, if you would call that new...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:58 pm 
Furnace Scrub
Furnace Scrub

But I am surprised that no one has mentioned it for this long, since I am sure thousands have bought from Brickforge.

I am still ordering. Just kidding, sort of. I got tired and took a break, but now I will put in a good 10 minutes to finish the order.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:29 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

I'm pretty much at the mercy of the application. I'll see if there is a mod that perhaps keeps users on the page they were previously browsing but performing any types of modifications to an alread solid shopping cart can be dangerous.

-A

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I agree with all you guys. This really causes a problem with the "Time out" part that caused 2 items to go missing from my shopping cart before. Now when I order I'm practically in a panic to get everything done in time as to not loose a part. I wasn't even putting the cart together for 15 minutes and I lost 2 different pieces in one of my orders

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:10 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

That's why you put everything you want to buy in the Wish List and then you add to the cart and continue shopping it goes right back to the Wish List. That's how I purchase and I can get the order done in minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:20 am 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

i personaly like the old order form, i dont know why, but i think you should have an old order form, and a new order form

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:30 am 
Forge Master
Forge Master

If you log in and add items to your cart they should never be removed for any reason unless I deem it necessary to clear out shopping carts via admin. Keep in mind though that the products arent actually removed from inventory until you check out. Thus, it is possible to have an item in your cart which sells out while you are shopping for other items, and when you update your cart it disappears.

The old order form was nice when it was 20 items - imagine how long it would be today! I know most of you are used to the way BrickLink does things but that was a custom written application and I've never been able to find anything vaguely similar other than PayPal's cart....and I don't like PP cart. I don't think the BF store has a way to generate an order form and keep a connection to inventory - I'll keep checking though.

-A

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 pm 
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

another thing i realy liked about old order form is that it says the quantitiy of items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:06 pm 
Forge Master
Forge Master

brick-a-brack wrote:
another thing i realy liked about old order form is that it says the quantitiy of items

I'm confused. The old order form never listed how many of each item was in stock.
Which is why it was a guessing game each time someone ordered a larger amount.
The shopping cart lists inventory, and in the selection box choose how many you want to order.
Viewing your shopping cart will always list the quantity of each item you are ordering.

-A

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next