Change font size
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 89 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:13 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

@Arcanamachi I never was good at expanding skyblock plots, I always fall.
@Hikaro Oh wow, that's awesome! I see some sort of robot arm device, I'm assuming that's Tekkit or Hexxit (diagonal blocks? traitor :) ), I don't know for sure. I actually ran a private Minecraft server for about a year. I was planning to expand it and add a few public servers to the "Blue Lightning" franchise, but eventually about a month ago I decided to close it until further notice because right now I'm too busy to maintain it. Someday I'll pick it up again...
I also was building an underground Cibola in Minecraft, it's not finished yet. I built a cool 3-digit combination lock on the door to it.
Thanks for the compliment, the Audiotool stuff is like I said experimental, so get ready to hear even better music ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:19 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

WrenVIXN wrote:
@Hikaro Oh wow, that's awesome! I see some sort of robot arm device, I'm assuming that's Tekkit or Hexxit (diagonal blocks? traitor :) ), I don't know for sure. I actually ran a private Minecraft server for about a year. I was planning to expand it and add a few public servers to the "Blue Lightning" franchise, but eventually about a month ago I decided to close it until further notice because right now I'm too busy to maintain it. Someday I'll pick it up again...

The Power Fist is from the Modular Powersuits mod, which is part of Tekkit, but this is my own private modpack. The diagonal blocks are from Carpenter's Block, which basically lets you make customized doors, fences with any texture, slopes, steps and slabs with any textures as well... Very handy mod. The other mods installed are: Industrial Craft II, Thermal Expansion, Buildcraft (TE + Buildcraft is GREAT for converting pesky lava lakes into obsidion and/or pumping them dry and feeding IC2 Geothermal generators), Extra Biomes XL, Mo Creatures, Iron Chests, Enchanting Plus, Dungeon Pack, Power Converters (for converting IC2 EU to Buildcraft MJ, Thermal Expansion RF, etc or vice versa), Portal Guns & Twilight Forest (Need to see about making a Twilight portal sometime soon).

Quote:
I also was building an underground Cibola in Minecraft, it's not finished yet. I built a cool 3-digit combination lock on the door to it.

Sounds sweet, I would love to see some screenshots. I like to build bases at certain strategic points on the map, either about 1024 blocks from my main base and/or where there is some highly exploitable resource/generated structure to be found (i.e. near NPC villages, Abandoned Mineshafts, certain biomes with fairly rare, but useful items, such as swamps, strongholds, etc. Goes double if more than one of the above is in the area), so I'm thinking about establishing a Pueblo town (i.e. Acoma, Mesa Verde, Taos, etc) in either a Red Hills (extra biomes XL biome) or Desert biome that meets the above criteria. I'll be needing lots of hardened clay for that though.

One thing that's kinda funny is my brother in law (and his girlfriend), who are also on the server, tend to go for mega projects based on RL structures. On this server, he built a "cabin" that's AT LEAST as big as my pyramid (14 meters high, and about 21x21 m base). On the first server I was on with him (when I first started Minecraft back in 1.4), he and my wife built a 200m high lighthouse... |D

Arcanmachi: I never could get into Skyblock.... Just starting out on a normal world and working my way up to basic IC2 machines (generator, macerator and extractor) tends to try my patience as it is. I could not imagine having to start with nothing but a single tree and a basic cobblestone generator.

...Although speaking of falling to ones death early on, my wife and I thought it would be a GREAT idea to start out by harvesting a Rainbow Eucalyptus tree for early building materials. For those who have never played with Extra Biomes XL, Rainbow Eucalyptus trees are a type of tropical tree that generates in Rainforest, Mini Jungle and (I think) regular jungle biomes and it's basically a large jungle tree (with really attractive blue wood) on crack and steroids. My wife and I spent the first two or three days the server was up harvesting just one of them, and we both fell to our deaths at least three times (all the times I fell was due to my wife harvesting sections of tree below where I was working an not bothering to tell me about it).

It was kinda like that one "Married With Children" TV episode where Al Bundy and his buddies were trying to install a satellite dish on his roof.....

EDIT: I forgot to mention that we also just adopted an older cat from the local shelter named Bello... He was surrendered because his previous owner couldn't take care of him anymore. He is super friendly, and despite a few snarls and hisses, he seems to be getting along with our other two cats fairly well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:49 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I always thought it would be cool to have BF Minecraft server, but not enough people on here play, and the cost to maintain a server wouldn't be worth it. If I had money to burn I'd do it anyway, but that's not the case unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:14 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: I'm speechless! Amazing!
@Arcanamachi: Awesome, I've wondered about the skybuilds.
Also, take care as you work there my friend.
@Mac: a BF server would be awesome, probably the only way I could actually get my brain to stay with it. I like holding the bricks in my hands ... and placing the actual minfigs in them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:29 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

It's so cheaper to run a server DIY than to use services...
Maybe I could make one, I'll put that on the Project Ideas list. Started mine in 1.3, so by now it's easy for me. Maybe this summer...
;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:02 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hey guys, how's it going. Haven't had a computer for a while so haven't been able to post but figured I would check in and see what's up. Don't remember the last time I was here, been a few weeks at least.
Had to quit my roofing job, wasn't being treated well at all and wasn't being paid enough to deal with it. Right now I'm looking at signing on with a building contractor which would be more suited to me and it's a much better job. Haven't read through the last few pages (kind of a pain on a phone) but I hope everyone's doing well. Kinda weird not being on here on a regular basis, haha.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:58 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Hey Bio, I've been wondering what you've been up to. Its been a few weeks.
Sorry to hear about the job, and hope the contractor works out.

Seems most of us are busy these days ...

@Diablo3, my son Wes showed me this evening how to change the controls so that it will be more 'normal' ... yeah!! I knew it could be done, just didn't know how. Woohoo!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:44 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

HI Bio! You've been missed.

Skyblock is fun in a way when you realize you start with a tree and 9 dirt. In the map I use that is. The Ex Nihilo mod is specifically designed for skyblock. Making it possible to get resources that just aren't there in a skyblock map. No land to mine for iron and such. Before we moved to Kyoto I used to play on a server with a great group of people, but now with the time difference usually no one is on.

A note out to Armothe. Did you know Brickforge is a blacklisted website in China, Korea, Taiwan and in some parts of Japan?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:20 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Skyblock: This is only for PC, correct?

My biggest hurdle is that there are not enough free hours in a day ... Now that I have several projects going again, but it makes me happy ... call me creative crazy :o)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:18 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

@Arcanamachi Japan? What? Why? Japan isn't a closed country like Korea!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 89 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 100  Next