Change font size
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 68 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:42 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

That outfit.... Wow, I don't even know what to say!

Speaking of transformers, little known fact: the Generation I version of Starscream was made using the exact same mold to make the toy version of the VF-1 veritech fighter/mecha from Macross (a.k.a. Robotech in the US). One of my friends even proved it to one of his co-workers who didn't believe him by putting Starscream into "gerwalk" mode (half jet/half mech mode), like the VF-1 was capable of doing.

@Napoleon & Minifigcharmed: Glad you guys like the book. BTW, you'll notice I'm using certain archaic elements such as the long s (the one that looks like this: ſ) and a late middle/early modern English version of the letter thorn (the one that looks kinda like a backwards funky "y")...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:59 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Miss Am: They could not pay me enough ... nope, nope, nope ...

@Hikaro: the language is part of what makes the book so amusing ... good stuff!

Destiny: so, I find myself getting ready to create a facts notebook ... just so I can chart out who/what/where and such ... to decide what I want to use as a background for my moc. I would really like to do a couple of micro builds too ... not sure if I have the pieces around for that or not.

And, my husband 'hit' a black cow tonight on his way home from town ... black cow, black road, black sky ... not a good combo. He's ok, the car ... not so much, and the cow - not at all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:17 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Wow, a whole day without comments ... weird ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:32 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

A couple days. :9

Anywho, I FOUND THE BEST THINGS EVER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu_j5SLMbfM

I don't even know why, but I just love it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:28 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
Been really busy, so sorry to miss all the comments. I know some of your families are going through hard times. We have been having a little bit of that here as well. I've been busy this past week putting together a FB page of my former employees and co-workers. Earlier this week, my old place of work which I had parts of 17 yrs into was demolished. The building was over 100 yrs old and was the first bank in the city among other things. I'm upset that that place will now be a car lot for over priced pieces of junk rather than the historic landmark it should have remained and been preserved. A lot of you know I am not a car or vehicle fan, but when the place that bought it already owns 2 plus blocks of car lots, this stuff makes me angry. The good of it all is that I got to reconnect with so many people from my past with something in common. I don't brag myself up (in a serious sense) much, but it's nice to be remembered as being the funnest boss these people will ever have and that I brought so many people smiles and laughs. I try to continue that at my new workplace, and I can tell when I've made an impression by seeing people light up when I walk in a room, or someone coming in looking specifically for me so they can share a laugh.

On a BF related note, our Forge Master has left the building. Armothe at this very moment is on a plane headed to Hong Kong. I'm not sure how much is fun related, but I know some of it is business related. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:30 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: that's a bummer about the building ... sometimes 'progress' just isn't right.
Its good to reconnect and hear nice things, glad you get the chance for such.

I baked a huge bunch of pumpkin-chocchip cookies on Sunday and got about 1/2 of them boxed up tonight, with little cards for the grandkids, and ready to be mailed tomorrow. Woot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I've been play Dragon's Dogma recently. Really really fun. Tons of items, great customization, and fighting monsters is ridiculously fun. The difficulty is utterly perfect too. I'm not constantly fearing my life, but I also don't feel like I have god mode on. Story is generic though, but it really only exists as an excuse to slay tons of monsters anyway. That's fine with me.

Speaking of slaying monsters, I really wish I had a PS3 or PS2 so I could play the Monster Hunter games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:12 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Rain ...

Woot

:o)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:34 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

/Randompost

I only have twenty-some FB friends, but one of them is now an MMA ring-girl who is also my new best friend in the world. Awesomesauce. My life is looking up.

Also, I'm still playing ACIV. I've played it forever and I'm only 50% done. I sank two Legendary Ships last night following about 12 agonizing defeats at their hands. I literally was screaming at the television in frustration but it was oh so satisfying getting tens of thousands of coins for doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Napo: well cool ...

I've been making slow progress with my Fallen minfigs. I've created arms with an elbow joint. I'll post some pics after I get a bit more figured out. I want to work something similar out for the legs ... so they can be posed.

Also, got another ESO beta invite for this weekend!! Please, may my internet actually work this time!!

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 68 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 100  Next