Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 49 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: it's good to hear from you, and to hear that you've been able to connect with some friends even if via FB.
Hope things work out with the wife's job, and that some real sleep is in order for you. Also, it'll be great to see more of your sweet builds in the future!

Me, it's freezing ... literally ... outside; enough so we've lit the woodstove to cut the cold.
I will have a four day weekend, the weekend of Columbus Day; and so I have pre-designated it as 'lego organization weekend'. With all the moving around I've done, for company and such I can't find items I know I have ... not a good, so Lord willing I'll be able to fix that in a couple of weeks.

Also, I had a friend add some effects and actual sound clips from the game Destiny to my stop-motion, check it out. It isn't much ... but it sure made me smile :o)
There will be a future stop-motion featuring both the Destiny Warlock and Huntress, and my friend will add the sound and effects. I'll be planning the choreography and MOC during the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:49 pm 
Smelt Sire
Smelt Sire

My visits are growing more frequent. My social life must be fading.

Dare I venture upstairs to retrieve my LEGO? Also, y'all need hashtags.

#guesswhosback

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:09 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Welcome back Sir Oreo, glad you remember where 'home' is :o)
Dare you retrieve your lonely legos indeed ...

#hashtags, does this forum system support them?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:40 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Boy, that had me shocked, I was coming to check up on everyone and when I tried to log into the store it told me "Username invalid". I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to log into the forums, but it seems I'm fine.
So how is everyone? I've recently been messing around with the Halo Megabloks again, so was thinking of getting some stuff for them after seeing the weapons on the site. But mostly my time right now is split between classes and Final Fantasy XIV.
I'm sorry that lfung711's light up base didn't get funded. If I had known about it I definitely would have added some to the kick starter. That multicolor light up was awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:28 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
My mother in law came home from the hospital yesterday. She had a stomach ulcer that was pretty severe plus a hemo-(something or other) in/on her back. She'll be ok if she listens to my wife ;)

Rumor has it that they are creating a full time position for the fork lift at my work with one candidate in mind for the job. I wonder who that could be B)

@Hikaro- Thanks and cool about finding an old buddy. I felt the same about FB as you. I enjoy being able to keep in touch with old friends and distant family. I don't play any of the FB games and have no plans to do so. The biggest drawback is after finding a friend, seeing one of their friends post something and then remembering someone I disliked very much. For every 1 friend I find there are like a dozen people I remember I don't like ;9

@ Oreo - Great to see you again. Social life is over-rated ;9 You could have the best of both worlds, Lego and a social life. Lots of us do it and do it well.

@ Ultimate Blitz - Yea, it was a bummer it didn't reach it's goal and I was tempted to support it too, but my wife showed me a like to something similar on e-bay by Nanoblocks.

@Napo and anyone else interested - my wife made a light box for under $5. I'll have to post pictures of it when I get a chance.....@ Biohazard - Lightbox is too small for your other hobby ;)

BrickForge put up so new photos on Flickr

I overused the smiley face limit in this post......."Breaking the law, breaking the law!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:51 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@QBlade: lol
Glad to hear that your mother-in-law is doing better, hopefully she'll make the changes that she needs to.

Also, I'm opening an art-shop on society6/clynndesigns and listing a few of my Lego artpieces ... who knows ...

The new BF knights, Roman soldiers, and Gladiator sets are amazing!!!!
I want the Knights really really bad ... my penny piles are not large enough yet (from my last order). :~(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:32 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Those sets do look really good. I'm in my dark ages and I'm still tempted to buy some.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:55 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

They would make great additions to armies, allowing for the Elite soldiers to stand out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:35 am 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

I'm thinking about getting some of the lion and dragon knight sets, but my wife wants me to get the new Minecraft sets (not to mention I'd like to get the Back to the Future Delorian and Dolphin Cruiser), so it might be a while before I get them myself.

Speaking of LEGO ships, I actually got around to working on doing an almost complete overhaul of my Kestrel/John Gotti class frigates using the new Coast Guard Patrol boat hulls and other parts. While there are still a few details that need some work, I've pretty much settled on the overall shape of the hull and superstructure. The FNS Hawkwing LOOKS much more like a Navy vessel than it did before (the most major changes, aside from the hull shape and color was the bridge and 02 level platform.

Hopefully I should have both the Hawkwing and the RNJS Tony Soprano completely re-done tomorrow. Then I'll be trying to use the blue police boat hulls (and other blue and white parts and the current Coast Guard theme sailors) to make some corvettes for the Lone Star Republic Navy....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:47 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So I got a Benelli Super Nova yesterday. I love it. :)

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 49 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 100  Next