Change font size
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 41 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Hey, guys, I ordered a camera!! :D 200 bucks on sale for 150, and judging by what Hawk said, it looks like it'll be more than good enough. I'll still be asking you guys for advice when it arrives and I'll let you know if it doesn't work. :9 Now, my next big purchase shall be back to fun, non-essential stuff, like the Lone Ranger Train set. And then either Grand Emporium or Palace Theater.

You know what that means, guys: New MOCs courtesy of me. :D I'll be posting my black space limo and my medieval village as soon as possible. Who knows, now that I can actually post photos, maybe I'll get back to Eurobricks, too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:49 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Napo: sweet, can't wait to see them!

Here's one of the other two vid clips I was playing with:
Destiny Huntress

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

That was awesome, MC! I would never have the patience to do stop motion.

So, guys, I already know I'm acquiring the Lone Ranger train set soon, especially since the 1st is my birthday and I'll definitely have enough money I'm willing to spend on Lego by that point. But after that, what modular building should I get? There's Palace Cinema, Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, and Grand Emporium. Town Hall is meh for 50 bucks more compared to the others (I'd rather use that 50 to get Colby City, the last LR set I don't have at least one of, which also has a very pleasant price-per-piece ratio). So what's your opinion guys? I do plan on looting the modular I end up buying for parts *eventually*, so it's not just a display piece. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:39 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I'd go with either Fire Brigade or Grand Emporium as they are the oldest and starting to disappear from stores. In fact, I think Fire Brigade is pretty much gone so yeah...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

YES. YES. I PASSED MY GED TESTS. SO MUCH WIN.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:56 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Congratulations, my good man! How hard were they? I'm trying to finish normal homeschool, but have thought about GED to get it over with. I have one more year to go (meaning I should be done sometime next year); I'm a little behind, thanks to crappy non-school related life stuff that wasn't my fault...

Machetero wrote:
I'd go with either Fire Brigade or Grand Emporium as they are the oldest and starting to disappear from stores. In fact, I think Fire Brigade is pretty much gone so yeah...

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Amazon still has both for the regular price. I've been looking over EB reviews, and I think I like the GE better; it seems like it has the most interesting parts and is also more appropriate for me to add floors on. :D I've always wanted to build a legit Lego skyscraper, but never had enough parts to make a decent, non-rainbow-colored one even with my 20k collection somehow. :9 Although, that might have to do with the fact that I haven't gotten boxes of basic bricks in a while to make big walls. Do you have any modulars, Machetero?

Also, guys, I scored four epic ASB plastic containers with customizable dividers at Menards marked down to just 2.99 each! I loved being able to fine-tune my sorting with them. If you have any Menards around where you live and need containers, rush on over and see if your store has the same sale.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:02 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
Congratulations, my good man! How hard were they? I'm trying to finish normal homeschool, but have thought about GED to get it over with. I have one more year to go (meaning I should be done sometime next year); I'm a little behind, thanks to crappy non-school related life stuff that wasn't my fault...

They weren't that bad, barring a few question out of left field in the science one and an oddball topic for the short essay, not too hard. Seriously, what the hell kind of a topic is "Write about how you feel you know a famous celebrity or other public figure like family or a close friend."?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:50 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

sentinal133 wrote:
They weren't that bad, barring a few question out of left field in the science one and an oddball topic for the short essay, not too hard. Seriously, what the hell kind of a topic is "Write about how you feel you know a famous celebrity or other public figure like family or a close friend."?

WTH? What does that have to do with learning at all? What answer did you give? Was it Scarlet Johansson? It was Scarlet Johansson, wasn't it? :9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Napoleon wrote:
sentinal133 wrote:

WTH? What does that have to do with learning at all?

I don't know, testing my grasp of the english language or something.
Quote:
Was it Scarlet Johansson? It was Scarlet Johansson, wasn't it? :9

...No...
Quote:
What answer did you give?

Rookie from Halo 3:ODST+wordbarf, basically. Pretty cool that I passed seeing as HE NEVER SAYS ANYTHING. By the skin of my teeth though, you need a minimum of 450 and I got 490.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:09 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:
Machetero wrote:
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Amazon still has both for the regular price. I've been looking over EB reviews, and I think I like the GE better; it seems like it has the most interesting parts and is also more appropriate for me to add floors on. :D I've always wanted to build a legit Lego skyscraper, but never had enough parts to make a decent, non-rainbow-colored one even with my 20k collection somehow. :9 Although, that might have to do with the fact that I haven't gotten boxes of basic bricks in a while to make big walls. Do you have any modulars, Machetero?
I have Green Grocer, Pet Shop, and Town Hall. I've added to that a modular style bar based on a bar in the town I went to university in, an apartment complex that sits over a martial arts studio, an alleyway (complete with drunk hobo, dumpster, and women of a questionable nature) and a recreation of my favorite food place in the town I went to university. I've been working off and on on a theater (for plays, not movies) but that's kind of at a stand still. I've been considering picking up Grand Emporium or Palace Cinema but I don't have the room (I'd have the room for both if I just broke down the theater that is clearly never getting finished).

@MC: The stop motion of the Star Patrol made me laugh. Something about the way they came out of formation just made me giggle a bit. The videos themselves look pretty good, and considering you're just figuring it out I can only assume they are just going to get better.

... 8o ...That makes this the second post in a day for me. I don't want to be a chicken little but...well... just everyone protect your heads when you go outside...

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 41 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 100  Next