Change font size
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 12 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread Fifty Three-peat!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:39 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@ Huntmaster - I'm pretty sure we missed your b-day yesterday, so.....Happy Birthday Huntmaster!! The real question is, Are you old enough to use BL now? :)

Shadow Viking wrote:
Hikaro Takayama wrote:
I didn't know it was live until I saw the guy at the piano, so, as I was leaving, I put some "bread" in his jar and said, "Man! What are you doing here?!" (see if anyone gets the reference...)

I'm sure he's never gotten that one before :P

I was thinking the exact same thing ;9 They play that song at Walmart and it's one of the few I don't hate.

@ Machetero - I didn't get the synthetic leather trench for the same reason you said you had a problem with. Great idea, I just don't think I'd be happy with the result. I also bought the "Jon Snow" looking cape and 2 items specifically for 2 of the super heroes I seem to mention in every MT post ;9 Once I receive them, I may contact the owner and submit a few ideas I think will help him even further. I noticed to my dismay that he has taken off all capes that are replicas in shape and color to official Lego capes. I am guessing it was because of the fear that people would buy them and try to resell that at the over inflated prices they were fetching on BL. I'm hoping to be able to score some for personal use in the future.

@ Napo - Getting older is something you can't control. What you choose to do with it you (more often than not) you can control. Look at the other AFOL's around. We still enjoy our hobbies (which don't just include Lego) and that's the way it is. The biggest difference is that your time gets compromised. Yea, your view on responsibilities and priorities changes and effects the way you go about being yourself, but you adapt. If you have less times for the forums and hobby, it happens. Just don't be one of those pathetic losers that go on Flickr and post " I have a girlfriend, so I don't have time for Legos" |B I lose all respect for those kids.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:41 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

Quickblade wrote:
Just don't be one of those pathetic losers that go on Flickr and post " I have a girlfriend, so I don't have time for Legos" |B I lose all respect for those kids.

Yeah, they should do what I did and convert their significant other to the cause. :D The only time I didn't have time (or space) for LEGO after coming out of my first dark age was when I was in the Navy (the pic I posted on Flickr of my bunk ought to clearly show why), and I was pretty busy with work and school the first 3-4 years after I got out of the Navy, so I didn't buy any new sets until 2009, a 9-year gap: The last sets I bought before that were in 2000, when I was stationed at the Dam Neck Naval Training center, and had a dorm-style room with plenty of space, so I bought one of the smaller Knights Kingdom sets as well as the Flying Ninja Fortress for me and my friends to use when playing D&D, and I brought the sets home with me when I graduated. I then combined all my Ninja sets and two Royal Knights sets into that castle that I posted a couple years ago, and aside from some revisions I made when I came home from Japan in December of 2001 (for accuracy's sake), it sat in my closet with all my other LEGO sets and MOCs for almost 8 years.... Then one day in 2009, I happened to be wandering down the LEGO aisle of the local Voldemart for old times sake when I saw that they brought the Pirates back, and shortly afterwards I discovered Brick Arms....

I'm glad a few people got the musical reference I made earlier... ;)

Spent yesterday afternoon and evening at my in-laws, and my wife and I went with my brother in law's girlfriend to her house to play with two adorable kittens that she found abandoned. Unfortunately, cute as they were, we have plenty of animals already (no matter what my wife says). We didn't get back home until late last night.

I'm surprised to be seeing all these former regulars around here who haven't made an appearance for over a year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:43 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: people drift in when they remember us ... or when life allows ...
Awww, 'bout the 2 kitties ...

So, I'm trying to prioritize my last few 'must dos' for my site stuff ... 'patience', yes - much is needed, but I want to set things up right the first time ... so, soon dear Legos soon ...
:o)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Happy b-day, HM!

@QB: Ugh, yes, don't worry, I hate those jerks. I didn't know gf's take up every second of your day. Seems to be some sort of superiority complex they get or something. People are weird. :9

@Hikaro: Oh man I loved the "new" Pirates. I bought all the sets but the 20 buck one, and had multiples of others. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Napo: It's not really a superiority complex. It's just that they both get very clingy to each other for a little while at the expense of their friends, up until the point when they have relationship troubles and they come running back. Not any less stupid though. Maybe they would last longer if they spent a little time apart.

Edit: "Dammit Steam. Update." As said by Sean Connery in my head.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Mac: the truth of that is soo sadly true

webstuff: Other than fixing a glitch ... that was created by an update ... I do believe I am at the end of the 'building stage'!!
My mind, literally, is already processing my minfig pieces ... I'm going to draw up my WIP White Samurai, I can almost 'see it'! So, so Jazzzzed!
FYI: I will create two of these ... one the traditional paper n pencil; and then attempt one with my tablet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:38 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Happy birthday HM. Hope you had a good one.

Hey, since when did I become a Hammer Ace?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:54 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Wow. Only four posts in three days. Well. Five now I suppose.

Edit: I'm worried about Saints Row IV. It looks exactly like Saints Row The Third. There's even a bunch of the same outfits and vehicles from The Third. That's what happens when you decide to turn an expansion pack into a full game. I'm sure it'll still be fun, but the fact that it's so similar to SRTT is going drastically cut replayability.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:27 am 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

Hi again all! Just letting you know I'm done with all the stupidity that brought me back to the USA. It was long and unnecessary and even the judge thought that too.
Something I've observed recently is when I'm over in Japan some people I know complain to me about the 13 hour time difference and it making it hard for them to call me. Then why is it the same people I didn't hear a thing out of until this morning? "You're going back tomorrow? We never talked!"
Sigh.
Anyway, overall it was a nice visit despite not being able to use handicapped parking. I'll be going back with more than what I brought over with me. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Mac: hopefully they'll throw in enough surprises it'll make up for the similarities.

Yup, summer ... everyone is busy busy busy ...

@Arcanamachi: glad things got settled, and take care over there!
People ... it always works that way, the 'was gonna's'

Artwork: I've finally had time to sit for a bit and work on my final trial with my tablet (finally!!). I've posted a stage 2 progress image (two actually) in my art thread. Let me know what you think ...

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 12 of 100   [ 993 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 100  Next