Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 93 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:37 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Save 666 on Oblivion has been corrupted. Ha. I got a good laugh out of that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:54 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

It's crazy when things seem like they go sooooo sloooooow ... and then you look at the clock and *bam* it's actually been several hours ...
that's how working with the repetitiveness of listing things over, and over, and over seem to me ...
woot

on the flipside, I have dreamed up even more ideas of things to create, paint, draw, build ...
:o)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:12 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

So... I was up watching Red Eye at 2 in the morning (the tag team against Paul Mecurio was hilarious; they've carried it on for multiple episodes and I was chortling :9 through them all ), and without noticing it I chugged 1.24 liters of sweet tea.

It is 7:10 right now. I feel like doing jumping jacks.

|D

EDIT: Ooookay... Yeah. The tea nutrition facts say I should have gotten 5.25 servings out of the bottle, 90 calories per serving. That's like what? 500 calories? Lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:50 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Well, the past few weeks of non stop projects and heavy homework loads are done, it summer! I'm glad to be back, with this year's school outta the way.

@S133: What difficulty where you on?

@QB: That's good things are looking up :)

@Hikaro: There's always something good, most of the time. Some things just plain suck. Sorry to hear that.

Well, I haven't really said anything about it, bit, my family's been going through something big, and it's almost over. My father has been on trial for the past few months, and now the jury's been deliberating for a few weeks.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:13 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
@S133: What difficulty where you on?

Normal.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:19 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I don't understand why dragon slayers are traditionally heavily armored knights in fiction. That seems like the worst possible way to fight a dragon. In fact. I'm pretty sure that if dragons were to suddenly appear and attack Earth they would be very promptly eradicated. Unless they were the kind with invisible scales. Which just makes fighting head on even worse. I guess Tolkien realized that and killed smog with a single well place arrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:44 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Yeah... metal armour isn't a great idea against fire, is it? At that point you definitely want to be mobile, because dodging is the only defence against getting your flesh burnt off.
That said, good, fitted plate is pretty light and maneouverable, so it could be worth it to protect against any claw slashes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:19 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

You know what books I wish were better? The Dwarves series. Maybe it's better in the original German. The author had some great ideas, but they didn't come out perfectly. One scene that was really good was when a dead elf is resurrected, but the body is entirely stripped of any flesh, except the neck and head which are untouched. The rest of the body is now a canvas of skin painted with blood. Really dark series, but it still comes off as generic fantasy stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I'd say if you're gonna slay dragons, do it the right way, with an F-22 Raptor! :9 But seriously, I'd think you might be just as well off with some leather backed chain and a crossbow. But that isn't quite as appealing for some I guess, my self included. The plate just feels more noble. One could always go all Saint Margaret of Antioch and just feed the dragon a cross.

OK, Iron Maiden collectable miniatures game, that's the weirdest thing I've seen in a while http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1369
Maybe they'll make a AC/DC expansion, I wanna face Powerslave off against Black Ice! :9

I've always wanted to see an interpretation of dwarves as forest dwelling bandits, closer to German fairy tales.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:44 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

This is still "traditional" style of dwarves, it's just that it makes them the main characters instead of comic relief companions to other races. It does it fairly well. The real problem is the side stories and over arching plot. The plots of the first two books a literally, "reforge a legendary weapon that is the only thing capable of defeating the that has suddenly appeared after laying dormant for many years", and "assemble a ragtag army to defeat a mysterious invading .force never heard of or seen before." There are a ton of great little scenes throughout though. I think the writer would so better writing novelettes. Or once again, the story might have a better flow in German since that's what it was written in.

Let's see. Modern dwarves in fiction are based off the Norse style dwarves aren't they, although I don't know exactly when or why dwarves went from mischievous forest dwellers to esteemed underground dwelling metal workers. I would assume it had something to do with so many mythological creatures of a similar nature already existing within the forest. And even in Norse mythology they weren't averse to living in a hut at the base of a mountain instead.

Edit: I realize this is very old news, but is anyone else upset that Bethesda not doing anymore Skyrim DLC? Dawnguard and Dragonborn were both really good, but I still don't feel like I got what I wanted from them. They seemed to lack something that Shivering Isles had. Actually. That's not true. I'm extremely happy with Dawnguard. Great characters, great choices, cool new items, and an engaging story that the main game lacked. Much better than Knights of the Nine. Dragonborn had a new world space and side quests, but it was just another save the world from a reemerging power. I realize that Shivering Isles also did that, but the journey was a lot more fun (largely thanks to Sheogorath) and it had a really good plot twist. Dragonborn was also way too short, and had rewards that I never used. Deathbrand armor was ridiculous though. That stuff is insane.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 93 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 100  Next