Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 79 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:09 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Arcanamachi: Best wishes for you, and all your family!
Take care and you'll be missed here on BF forums ... keep building and pass on the 'love of the brick'
:o)

@Mac: glad Shriners has been there to help you out, because medical stuff is terribly expensive for sure.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:09 pm 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Man, I'm really starting to look forwards to the summer holiday (from the 31th. of May, I believe - three cheers for the abnormally long studying holiday!). It seems my teachers insist on cramming as many lessons and hand-ins as physically possibly down our throats right now.

@Mac: Glad there's at least some cheaper alternatives, this is the kind of situation that makes me love to Danish heathcare system.

@Bio: Lol, saw that duck in the news yesterday. It seems the creator is some Dutch artist who's been bringing it to various coastal cities for some years.

@Arca: best of luck to y'all over there, og leg godt!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:06 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Arca: I wish you the best of luck. May you have good building soldier!

The Duck is not photoshopped in then? Cool...

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:06 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Back. Good news and bad new. The good news is that my growth plates have closed and I can get a hip replacement at my own discretion. The bad news is that we don't have the money for it. Although my doctor is a world class surgeon there, he hasn't done a hip replacement in 25 years, and no one else at Shriners does either. By the time they had an opening to do it I would be 21 and ineligible anyway. So. That means the sole solution is pain management, which means opiates, because nothing else can help with the deep nerve pain. So I guess I'm going to be off the wagon soon, because there is no way on Earth I'm just going to tough through this any long. No end in sight so I'm done fighting for now. So a pretty decent trip. Got lost in the city for a few hours. During that time people kept complementing my shirt that said "Slacker" on it. About half those people immediately proceeded to try and sell me drugs. The other half were drunk/eccentric and acted all around normal. Talked to people. Ate at a really fancy restaurant, and wandered Powell's Book City. I bought H.P. Lovecraft's Dream Cycle, and the Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones is awesome so far. Oh right. I also got to experiment with public transport a lot. That sounds terrible stupid, but Idaho is devoid of any form of public transport. No trains, trams, subways, and the bus lines that do exist are awful. Portland is also classified as one of the best public transport systems on the continent. It was nice to have a good experience with it. Everything ran like clockwork on 15 minute intervals.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:13 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Good luck Arca!

Also. Rear wheel drives are so much fun. Can't wait until I can get a goat.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:11 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

I got. They're making a robot version of Philip K. Dick. He's the guy that wrote Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Bladerunner). That, that just seems mean.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oh my god..
time to break out the trusty gif

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:05 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Mac: Portland ... its an amazing place, yup. Glad it was a good trip; sorry about the hip and all.

@Bio: **yeah**

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:03 pm 
Mould Mason
Mould Mason

@Bio: I agree 100%....

Well, I've gone and done it, and broke out my LEGO collection once again. After getting lost in the world of Minecraft for 5 months, the LEGO building bug bit me again, and I must say that having to deal with Minecraft's really limited building pallette (think of trying to build a huge castle out of nothing but different colored/printed 1x1 bricks, plates and an cheese slopes that share the same colors and printing) has helped my LEGO building skills.

Anyways, I've decided to dismantle some of my larger incomplete projects (for now) and cycle the pieces back into my inventory to build a more achievable smaller project or two. Specifically, I'm referring to my cruiser projects, which kind of stalled out due to lack of parts and inspiration and have since been sitting partially finished for the past year or so. I'm robbing most of the light and dark bley bricks from their superstructures and using them on the two Kre-O USS Missouri hulls to make some destroyers. I started on the Republic of New Jersey Vito Corleone class guided missile destroyer, and got the fore and aft twin 5" gun turrets more or less finished. I'd like to build the superstructure with a dual-box missile launcher (or maybe a VLS) up forward and a helipad back aft, just forward of the aft 5" gun mount... I'll try to post a few pics when I make more progress with it.

I've also been planting like crazy: I've got the vegetable garden started with a row each of Basil and Italian Parsley, and will be tilling up some more ground to plant a row of lettuce and another two rows for my Egyptian Onions and Jerusalem Artichokes. I also just ordered some hardy bananas (Mekong Giant) and hardy gingers (Zingiber mioga) to plant around the house, as well as transplanting my plants from my parents' house (well the woods behind their house) to my house. I got all three of my hardy orange trees moved as well as my one super-tough windmill palm.

I've found that windmill palms are a bit of a crap shoot in this area: they are all guaranteed to at LEAST be hardy down to 5 degrees Fahrenheit, but some individuals can handle temps down to -5 degrees or so, and it's impossible to tell which is which, even from the same batch of seeds from a hardy parent, until they are subject to said low temps. Thus far, I've planted a total of 6 windmill palms from different sources in the woods behind my parents' house, and all but this one died. What makes its survival doubly ironic is that it was planted in one of the worst locations in terms of extreme shade, lack of winter protection and poorly drained soil. Hopefully it will start to take off now that it's planted in fairly well drained soil in full sun on the southeast side of my house.

Also, have any of you seen any of the Summer 2013 Friends sets? They have an actual cruise ship (which uses white versions of the current Pirate ship hull sections), and two sets with MALE mini dolls. I'm definitely getting the cruise ship, which will be converted into another Armed Merchant Cruiser....

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:11 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: Hey good to see you! And glad to hear that you've surfaced from minecraft enough to enjoy building with real bricks again :o)
Nice on the garden (I'm a terrible gardener), enjoy.
And no, I haven't looked at the newest Friends sets ... but that sweet about the white ship.

I'm working - on working on - completing more photo posts for my store ... the drone of said work makes me want to ......... yeah

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 79 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 100  Next