Change font size
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 73 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:09 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

This part on views contains some iffy words, but they're used in a mature, non-explicit manner, so I think it should be good
@SV: That is a very good idea, actually, and it's something I've done. That's how I ended changing my secular views to be for the legalization of LGBTQ marriage, prostitution, and recreational drug use, amongst other things, despite my personal views on the morality of the matters. But the town I live in is very left wing, so when abortion, for example comes up, I might mention my pro-life viewpoints and end up getting shouted down as some sort of anti-women's rights monster, which is kinda annoying, sure, having an opinion doesn't necessarily validate it, but people should be able to do as they will so long as they don't harm others. For example, I thing we can all agree that the KKK is awful and pretty evil, but they should be able to say what they want, as long as they don't go around lynching people and burning crosses in yards and such. Like I sorta recall a news incident a while back where they got shouted at and chased away for peacefully protesting the changing of the names of parks that were named in honor of CSA heroes. To me, it's just really sad when anybody isn't able to speak their mind without being shouted down, whether they're right or wrong
End of Heavy, iffy, stuff

@Napo: I've been working out for a good long while now, and I meet the U.S Army's entry requirements except that it takes me 9(minutes):30(Seconds) or so instead of the 8:30 expected at processing. But for active duty males at my height, 185 lbs is the maximum until you hit 22. But I expect to shed some weight in basic, plus I've got 2 years of college before that. And it's not like one counts on gaining weight at Warrant Officer Flight School. But, being over-prepared beats being under-prepared.

Well, only 5 or 6 weeks left of school!

@Alby: Hey, how's the weather been this year in Denmark? Once my family get's back on their economic feet, I'm considering doing a year as an exchange student.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:36 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

My feet. Bloody. Hurt.
Oh, and they bled earlier too. Guess a 2 mile run, 2.5 miles+ of land nav, a grenade assault course, a 3 mile ruck march with 80lb+ of gear, and an obstacle course, with marching inbetween, tends to do that to your feet.

@SM: You'll definitely lose weight at BCT if you try. Eat the green food, stay away from yellows and reds at the chow halls and you'll be fine man. Plus, you'll get smoked plenty of times for other peoples mistakes, so you'll get plenty of spare exercise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:59 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
...SNIP... For example, I thing we can all agree that the KKK is awful and pretty evil, but they should be able to say what they want...SNIP...
I have to disagree ever so slightly. The KKK and groups like them shouldn't be able to "say what they want" considering that a large part of their rhetoric utilizes terms that are both hurtful and hateful. It's one thing if they can express their views in an inteligent manner but often they fall on slurs and sterotypes. So, while I agree that all people have a right to believe whatever they want, they need to understand that there are certain ways (and times) that are unacceptable to express such views.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:08 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Machetero wrote:
...SNIP... For example, I thing we can all agree that the KKK is awful and pretty evil, but they should be able to say what they want...SNIP...
I have to disagree ever so slightly. The KKK and groups like them shouldn't be able to "say what they want" considering that a large part of their rhetoric utilizes terms that are both hurtful and hateful. It's one thing if they can express their views in an inteligent manner but often they fall on slurs and sterotypes. So, while I agree that all people have a right to believe whatever they want, they need to understand that there are certain ways (and times) that are unacceptable to express such views.

Probably not the best example, but, it's an easily accessible illustration. More of a point maker, but, eh, you're right.

Biohazard wrote:
My feet. Bloody. Hurt.
Oh, and they bled earlier too. Guess a 2 mile run, 2.5 miles+ of land nav, a grenade assault course, a 3 mile ruck march with 80lb+ of gear, and an obstacle course, with marching inbetween, tends to do that to your feet.

Ouch.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:13 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

The results of my 'relaxation' time:
Left is old, right is new. Wetsanded with 1000, then 1200 grit sandpaper. Then polished. It'll be even more clear once I get some 1500 grit sandpaper. and repolish it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
The KKK is good subject material....for a song B)

Put in another app last night like 10 mins before work. I have someone on the inside I used to work with that I hopes help me get in. I also received my BL order the other day. Mostly heads, for under $25. Parts came to be about 70 cents a piece, but again, buying the sets outright in the store before BL would have cost a fortune. I got 6 zombie heads, some Ninjago heads, Monster Fighter heads, a couple heads from various themes, the torso and sloped dress from the Kingdoms green princess, Giny Weasleys' hair, Hawkeye's hair, and 3 dk blue hoods. I have some ideas of making a couple superhero and super villain vigs out of a few heads I got. They will be original characters, not from any comic books or movies. At my procrastination rate, you can expect to see them in about 5 years. ;9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:06 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

...the KKK ... should be able to say what they want...

aaaand we're done

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:38 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Quickblade wrote:
The KKK is good subject material....for a song B)
I knew what song it was going to be before I clicked the link. Thanks, haven't heard this song in a while.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:17 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... ups/38297/
this, however, is hilarious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

The new Castle sets look awesome and so do the new LoTR sets!

@QBlade: sweet about the order n such ... whenever you get the time, you'll make another masterpiece. It'll be worth waiting for.

So ... my 'weird glitches' issues seems to run across wires into the internet, *sigh*. Haven't fixed the shopping cart problem yet.
And, I thought I'd try adding a little app game to my Nexus - dragon story - (Warning: Not a 'manly' game) My son Wes calls it 'my little dragons' ...
Anyway, I added it to my nexus and while talking with my oldest daughter found out that my dl has glitches. Glitches that even deleting and redownloading won't erase. So, this morning I thought I'd see what its supposed to be like and added it to my iphone ... Wow. But, at least I can send myself gold ... :o)

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 73 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 100  Next