Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:38 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 72 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:39 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Napo: open doors, just use your brain when you do ...

@QBlade: Darth Maul ... think of the stories your daughter can tell those interested young men about her dad ... and that you own a bat, a hand gun ... you know
:o)

Having troubles getting the shopping cart to work on my photo & art site ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrr grrr ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:06 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

As a guy who has had website glitches on his own site, I sympathize, MC.

So, I love the Internet. I went from reading about an arrest at Walmart, to a historical trivia page, to "How to have a Masculine Walk" in about ten minutes. |D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:

So, I love the Internet. I went from reading about an arrest at Walmart, to a historical trivia page, to "How to have a Masculine Walk" in about ten minutes. |D
Spent an hour or so on Wikipedia once. Started on Street Fighter and ended in quantum physics...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Machetero wrote:
Napoleon wrote:

Spent an hour or so on Wikipedia once. Started on Street Fighter and ended in quantum physics...

And don't even get me started on TVTropes...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:52 am 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Napoleon wrote:
And don't even get me started on TVTropes...

Don't even mention it, I've had hours sneak away on that website. It's one of the most addictive corners of the internet...

Napoleon wrote:
@Alby: What kinds of pop do they have in Denmark? Anything unique?

For starters, we have a lot of American brands (Coca, Pepsi, that kind of stuff). On top of this, there are a couple of Danish variants like the Nikoline orange/lemon sodas (these are somewhat rare to find, but taste very good once you're used to them), a cola brand named Jolly and finally Frem ("forwards" in Danish*), which makes a variety of different tastes.

*and no, it's surprisingly enough -not- the standard issue drink of the Danish army ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:00 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I just love homework! NOT! Yup, that was the big hangup, homework. Sorry guys. Life as usual can be distracting, especially between homework, mentoring, and being a club officer for the school's Gamers' club.

@Soda: I am a connoisseur of bottled cream sodas, my favorite at this point being Schpreker, or however you spell it, followed closely by IBC. Other than that, I drink an occasional Mtn Dew or Dr. Pepper, but it's 2 sodas a month for me tops, I've made it all the way from 245 lbs to 195 lbs, but I'm still trying to shed another 20 pounds so I'll be within a comfortable margin of active duty ready when I enlist in the Army.

@Door Opening: I always hold the door for people who are reasonably nearby, like 20ish yards away tops. I've never had anybody get mad at me, but Crested Butte is a teen-tiny town. Modern culture in general p*ss*s me off, you can hardly say anything positive about a view that isn't quite the norm without being called dull or intolerant. And don't get me started about big cities. Let the war for chivalry commence, cavaliers, mount your steeds of kindness and morality, and charge!

TVtropes, ohh, gosh, how much time have I spent there? At least 1% of my entire life.

Well, today when I biked into town to get the mail, I stopped by the friendly local overpriced toy store, and bought a pair of series 9 collectible minis. I was going for the Knight with the black and silver crownie shield and the battle mech, I ended up with the knight and a judge, I mistook the judge's hair for the mech's chest-plate.

Aha, these new Castle sets will be out the month of my birthday, yus!

That moment when you're like "Oh, hey a free book of medieval folklore", and then you realize it's in Italian

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good-Rom12:21

I'm just trying to love God, people, and life. We're all people, what else matters?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@Alby: Cool! I'll have to look those up and see if they can ship them.

@SM: You're about my weight now! I don't know if you should lose much more. I read that bodybuilders and athletes like to be bulky and "flabby" (about 190-200) before they start an exercise regimen. I'm trying it out myself. :D I've been working out lately and doing a lot of walking.

And hey, I drink Sprecher all the time! They have it at the Menard's I walk to a lot. I have a Sprecher Ginger Ale sittin' in the fridge right now; I haven't tried that flavor yet. I usually get the Cherry Cola.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:53 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Powered Assault Commando wrote:
Modern culture in general p*ss*s me off, you can hardly say anything positive about a view that isn't quite the norm without being called dull or intolerant.

I've said a lot of positive things about views that aren't quite the norm and I've never been called dull or intolerant
Look at this objectively and consider maybe it's certain specific non-normal views that are called dull or intolerant
Consider that maybe they are called dull or intolerant because they are in fact dull or intolerant

Having an opinion doesn't validate that opinion. Track everything to its source; figure out why you think something or you may as well not think it at all. Start from scratch and rebuild your conclusions from the ground up. If you were right all along, then your conclusions will match your previous beliefs.

ps: cherry dr pepper is way better than the normal variety

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Not bad advice, SV. I've done that meself. And I still hated modern culture. ;9

Really? Wow, I loathed Cherry Dr. Pepper, which is saying something since I'm a huge cherry guy. My older brother took it off my hands and guzzled it, though, so I guess it must suit some people's tastes. It was... hard to describe. It tasted kind of sickeningly sweet, with kind of a bitter aftertaste, if I remember.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Napoleon wrote:
... It tasted kind of sickeningly sweet, with kind of a bitter aftertaste...
How I feel about all soda now. I used to drink soda almost exclusively, then quit pretty much cold turkey for a few months a year or so ago. Now I drink it occasionally and tend to make faces for the first few sips.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 72 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 100  Next