It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 71 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Napoleon wrote:
It does indeed taste like Dr. Pepper, the best soda EVER. I drink 2-3-4 Doctors every day, so I should know. :|~

I used to drink 2L of Mtn Dew a day, before I went to BCT... Doesn't make it the 'best soda ever'. My favorite? yes. Best? Not necessarily.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

my sleepy brain knows I need to be constructive, but ... my allergy induced tiredness disagrees ...
what to do, or not to do ... hmmm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Dr. Pepper is okay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 am 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Dr. Pepper used to be my favorite soda out there. Then I realized how bad soda is for you and stopped drinking soda almost completely.

In other news: Tomorrow I shall be helping my LUG set up for the show we put on (the Kentucky Brick Expo for anyone interested). My ninja fortress/pagoda is pretty much finished and will be on display. It's the first time anything of mine will be in front of the public other than on Flickr so that's exciting and terrifying.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:
Dr. Pepper used to be my favorite soda out there. Then I realized how bad soda is for you and stopped drinking soda almost completely.

In other news: Tomorrow I shall be helping my LUG set up for the show we put on (the Kentucky Brick Expo for anyone interested). My ninja fortress/pagoda is pretty much finished and will be on display. It's the first time anything of mine will be in front of the public other than on Flickr so that's exciting and terrifying.

Take PICTURES, please :o)
and I know the feeling about "exciting and terrifying" ... it'll be great!

edit: woot!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:15 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

You have to acquire a taste for Dr. Pepper. I used to think it vile, but then I stayed at my sister's house for about a month and a half, and they accidentally got it for me (I liked Cherry Pepsi then). After a bout six of them on a hot day, I started guzzling them. The throwback Dr. Pepper with sugar was even better.

@CB: Mtn. Dew is probably my 4th favorite soda. I'd probably rank them: Dr. Pepper, Cherry Pepsi, Coke, Dew. IBC creme soda fits in there, too.

I saw a Cracked.com article saying it's time to give up opening the doors for strangers.

*Napoleon checks his pompadour, adjusts his tie, irons his trousers, and slowly shakes his head in disgust*

*goes and opens door for random person*

;9

Seriously. I'm starting to hate modern culture. People already have low manners and there's a site advocating that we don't waste two seconds of our pwecious time to express common courtesy? They said it could also come across as "creepy." Then why, every time I open a door for a random person, especially women or old people, do I almost always get a smile or the like? Come on, guys, and take my hand, and we shall fight the War for Chivalry together!

Actually don't take my hand.

That's probably preferable.

:9

Anyway, I can't stand how rude people are. You try to be nice and there'll always be idiots acting like you're come kind of race patronizer/sexist/creep. *Barry White voice* Yes, ladies, come to daddy Napoleon, the door-opener. Opening doors is my flirtin' style. |D

\end-rant\

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:32 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Location: New Castle, PA and From wherever he darn well pleases.
@ Napo - Don't stop opening the door. "F" modern culture. If I listened to that crap, the only thing I would gain is not having the label of being "narrow minded". I'll open the door for who I want & close the door on those I don't approve of. If people think being nice is "creepy", I'll give them something to really fear ;D

Kinda on topic of "creepy" but not intended to go with the above comment......I was thinking recently that if I shave my head, I should see if my wife can paint it up to look like Darth Maul. All I'd need is the red and black, some cool looking horns, see if there are some cheap colored contacts. After looking at my skull make-up photos, I think it'd look really good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Do it. Doitdoitdoit.
DO IT.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm 
Chisel Hand
Chisel Hand

Quickblade wrote:
Kinda on topic of "creepy" but not intended to go with the above comment......I was thinking recently that if I shave my head, I should see if my wife can paint it up to look like Darth Maul. All I'd need is the red and black, some cool looking horns, see if there are some cheap colored contacts. After looking at my skull make-up photos, I think it'd look really good.

Man, do it. Really. I bet people's reactions will be hilarious to watch.

Napoleon wrote:
TLDR: being polite is regarded as an offense.

Screw that. Seeing something as nice as opening the door for other people as a threat sounds quite borderline paranoic.

@Sodas: Man, I feel left out here because Danish shops don't have most of those brands ;9 .
I'd say my own favourite is plain ol' Coke, though one of my friends has developed quite a love for Mountain Dew, whenever he can get his hands on it, that is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:23 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@QB: Right on! Exactly how I feel. And yes, get Maul'd up. That sounds awesome. You should do the Joker, too.

@Alby: What kinds of pop do they have in Denmark? Anything unique?

And yep, borderline paranoia is a very good description. I actually read online about people going off on door-openers. Seriously. One I read said an old man screamed at the guy "Do I look senile just because I have gray hair?!" Jerkface. :\

Another thing I cannot stand is all the slobs these days. Usually the type that doesn't open doors. I understand wanting to be comfortable, but showing up in your pajamas at Walmart is going too far. I seriously this puny little runt of a guy with scraggly blond hair going around in Walmart with a pair of sky-blue teddy bear printed pajama bottoms, a gray hoodie, massive ugly tennis shoes, and a sideways baseball cap. And he had a hot girlfriend.

Fail. So much fail.

I'll keep my trousers and cargos, thank you very much...

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 71 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 100  Next