Change font size
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:42 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 67 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:16 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Machetero: glad that helped ... and yeah, there are times for sure ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:00 pm 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

Machetero wrote:
Alright, I need to rant a bit about LEGO related things in my personal life. None of you really have to respond or even read it if but I got to get it out of my head.

[rant] ... [/rant]

Can't you just tell them it's harder than you anticipated and that you won't be able to do it after all? I don't know the rest of your LUG but they ought to understand.

Alternately can you separate it into a single small section and finish that up without having to do the same for the whole thing (right now, at least)?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:39 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

Shadow Viking wrote:
Can't you just tell them it's harder than you anticipated and that you won't be able to do it after all? I don't know the rest of your LUG but they ought to understand.

Alternately can you separate it into a single small section and finish that up without having to do the same for the whole thing (right now, at least)?

Theoretcially I could try the first thing. Sadly, I have a very antiquated way of looking at things and if I give my word that I'll do something, it'll get donedespite the stress it will cause me. Further, other than the money thing, I should be able to get it done. It's just more stress than I feel LEGO should be and than I anticipated.

As to your second point, what I am working on finishing now already is a portion of it. I'm only doing the main building and the hill it sits on, the two lesser buildings, the front wall, and simple landscaping (basically just pathways in the grass). At some point I'll be adding a stable, a bamboo forest in front of the gates, a shrine type area (with monkeys!) and redoing the paths with 1x1 round plates (or the new tiles if they make them in enough colors). Oh, and the inside of the hill will eventually be a burial chamber.

Stressful as this all is right now, it means I'll have the main portion of it done and won't have to worry about it. It will also mean that the thing will be able to sit in storage and I won't have to rebuild large portions like I had to this time around.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:11 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

@Mac: You'll be glad to know they've announced Saints Row 4. :D

Gecko wrote:
Wow... Been forever since I've been here. How've you maniacs been? Anybody remember this weird little lizard?

~G

Holy cow, it's Mr. G! Hey there, broski!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Passed one of my GED tests today, have more coming throughout the week.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Bio: Nice!

@Machetero: good point of view, it helps when we can find a 'good angle' on stressful things.

Speaking of stressful things ... I've finally come up with a shopping-cart that will work with the photo section theme of my multi-gallery. (I totally know the feeling of self induced, 'wasn't supposed to' stress). With that said, the photo site will be a bit more cumbersome to put together, but it has a limited number of items being placed on it. So, I will create templates to make it a tad quicker ... and then move on to the art-graphics section.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:38 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

And another one down. Three to go, woohoo.
Found out my ship date for AIT is May 30. And also found out my next two drills are only a week apart. Which is fine with me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

For the love of God. I clearly have some form of adware, but none of the things I've scanned with detected anything. Not even the one specifically for detecting adware and similar programs. I know for sure that there's not supposed to be so many adds on the peripheral of my youtube videos. Not to mention that they're all spam which youtube doesn't allow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:34 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

A/C is out. Can't sleep. I'm playing Saints Row 3 Zombies, and I kid you not: I parachuted in in front of a store, saw a zombie horde, fired a few shots and took cover. Then, out of no where, about 30 Saints, most Prof. Genkis, came pouring into the street like an army. They were all marching past like they were on the advance.

And they mowed down everything.

It was a glitch of some sort, but it was an awesome glitch. Most fighters I've seen on the screen at one time on the entire game, and I've played SR3 for probably 150 hours. :D

EDIT: Man, they're still at it. It looks more like some sort of RTS game at the moment. They've lost two guys and they've taken out at least 200 zombies. It's insane.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:32 pm 
Cast Cleaner
Cast Cleaner

I have returned! Again. Japan's been great. Korea, not so much. Nepal was relaxing, and China blocks Brickforge. :( China blocks all non official Lego sites. :(
The wife and I are here for a week, then we're going back until the the house closes. Our youngest will be returning next week to stay. My custom vehicles (the handicap control and accessible ones) made it over to Japan with no issue and were approved for road use. I missed my Jeep very much.
In the you-don't-know-how-much-you-have-until-you-move department: a bit over 3000 lbs of Lego were moved also. I'll be on again after I rest some more.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 67 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 100  Next