Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:00 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 57 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 100  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meaningless Thread 52: Title under construction
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

HIKARO! Hey, dude, I wondered where you went off to.

Scary story: I just experienced REM sleep or whatever its called. I woke up, but I wasn't awake. I couldn't move any of my limbs for about six seconds, and my head felt really weird (granted, I had a headache when I went to bed). My brother in law has had this when he was in his late teens. It used to be called sleep possession, or the Night Mare. Man, oh, holy crap. I'm kind of scared to go back to bed. =U

Quote:
Sleep paralysis poses no serious health risk to those that experience it, despite the fact that it can be an intensely terrifying experience.

Well, that makes me feel better. I guess. :9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:28 am 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

@Napo: I've had that before. Kind of. It had less to do with actual sleep, and more to do with suddenly waking up moments after having a seizure.

Is it weird that I like to listen to NPR while playing videogames, watch NHK world news at 1:00 at night, and then watch Jeopardy at 1:30 before going to bed? Well. That's assuming Nova, Nature, Secrets of the Dead, or a Ken Burns documentary aren't on. Man. I love Nova. Good freaking show. Especially episodes about physics or astronomy. Now I'm sad that there's not one on right now... Oh. I almost forgot Unfinished Nation. That's a really good history show.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:04 am 
Crucible King
Crucible King

macleodman2 wrote:
@Napo: I've had that before. Kind of. It had less to do with actual sleep, and more to do with suddenly waking up moments after having a seizure.

Is it weird that I like to listen to NPR while playing videogames, watch NHK world news at 1:00 at night, and then watch Jeopardy at 1:30 before going to bed? Well. That's assuming Nova, Nature, Secrets of the Dead, or a Ken Burns documentary aren't on. Man. I love Nova. Good freaking show. Especially episodes about physics or astronomy. Now I'm sad that there's not one on right now... Oh. I almost forgot Unfinished Nation. That's a really good history show.

Yikes. Glad you're there to remind me it could've been worse. Makes me feel a bit better.

PBS is boring to me. :9 Ken Burns can be good, but other than that, I watch NatGeo and DVDs for documentaries.

I do kind of like Jeopardy, though. |D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 am 
Chief Smithy
Chief Smithy

@Hikaro: those are amazing, and yes the possibilities!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:43 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Roger Ebert died. The man may have been a film snob, but ya gotta feel sorry for him with his cancer and such. :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:58 pm 
Bellow Boss
Bellow Boss

Totally unrelated thing - I just got Island Extreme Stunts off of Amazon, the CD's fine and it installed fine, but it won't run because I'm using Windows 7. I tried running it in compatibility mode for 98, 2000, and XP and it also doesn't work. Any suggestions? I know there are OS emulators somewhere but I haven't played with them and I think you need a copy of the OS in question to do that properly?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:12 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

I just got Dead Island GOTY. :D

And a pair of black dress pants, and "businessman" shoes. Matches my leather jacket. I'm like Johnny Cash or something. ;9

And I found three knives in my attic. One's a Boker two-blade. Another's a Swiss of some sort. Possibly a Wenger. It has a TON of tools. More than my current one. And the last one is a camping knife (with spoon and fork) I suspect belonged to my late grandfather. It's a giant pile of rusted, vintage steel. I should be able to clean it up with some WD and and some sandpaper or something. Anyone know the best way to get rid of rust on a knife?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I found a bunch of vintage newspapers. One is from the Reagan Assassination, another is the Republican Convention where Bush Jr got the nomination, and another is a New York Post about Ahnuld's political career. |D And I found a bunch of old family Bush campaign stuff, and two copies of a paper showing the rally I attended. My sister shook Bush's hand that time.

Ah, nostalgia. I'm imagining what my grandkids will think. "What's a newpaper?" :9

EDIT: Yeah... Okay, and I found my baby booties. X)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:56 pm 
Grind Guru
Grind Guru

I don't think newspaper from the Reagan assassination attempt or Bush Jr. getting the nomination count as "vintage"...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:18 pm 
Hammer Ace
Hammer Ace

Ewww... Your family campaigned for ANY political candidate?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:39 pm 
Crucible King
Crucible King

Oh yeah, I used to be a huge Bush supporter. I even had a poster of him and Cheney on my door as a tot. Not so much anymore. :9 Matter of fact, I pretty much hate all politicians now. My USMC flag still proudly hangs where it was next to the Bush poster.

@Machetero: And I found a couple 1970s papers with my Dad in them when his apartment burned down. I'd say 70s is vintage. I heard anything over 25 is considered an antique.

That'll be 400 dollars for that 1970s South Bend Tribune from my attic. IT'S AN ANTIQUE, DARN IT!

|D

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 57 of 100   [ 992 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 100  Next